August 1st 2009 - Eastern 8/1/2009 The Eastern Caribbean Castaways

I think it will just be us on the August 1st cruise :cool1:
Everyone else must have decided to do Tortola or St. Croix and leave the boat in our capable hands :lmao:
or else they are lurking and not jumping on board:rotfl2:
Lots of snow here so it is very easy to plan our cruise - making lists so I can check them twice or three times or maybe more :rotfl:

Hey guys

Hope you are having a good 2008.

Weather is not too bad here - just wet and windy.

I am counting down till by holiday to Tunisia:goodvibes

Take care

H x

Hi Helen! We've been cold, wet and windy. I'm so ready to see some sun! We've been gradually warming up, and they say it will get up to 70 today, then another cold front will come through and we'll be in the low 30s again tonight. It's the windchill that really gets to me. I'm a Texas girl -- I'm not used to windchills in the teens!

I hope you and your mother have a fantastic trip! Please post some pics when you get back!

On another note, have y'all been to any dog shows lately?

Debby -- have y'all had more snow?

Hi Helen! We've been cold, wet and windy. I'm so ready to see some sun! We've been gradually warming up, and they say it will get up to 70 today, then another cold front will come through and we'll be in the low 30s again tonight. It's the windchill that really gets to me. I'm a Texas girl -- I'm not used to windchills in the teens!

I hope you and your mother have a fantastic trip! Please post some pics when you get back!

On another note, have y'all been to any dog shows lately?

Debby -- have y'all had more snow?

Hi Marci
We had snow yesterday brrrr its cold -5.

Two week countdown until Tunisia :cool1:

We've not been to anycomps since Dec. Our first one this year is March15th. I am currently waiting for Floss's season to start as we are going to mate her! SO i might have to deliver puppies! fingers x Her season is due any day:scared1:

Take care
x

The sun is shining today :cool1: but there is still snow on the north sides of the buildings where the sun doesn't hit. I'm busy planning our WDW stay before the cruise - we're thinking Wilderness Lodge Villas as they have a washer & dryer which would be great with 3 kids. Also trying to figure out transportation from airport to WDW to port and back - Disney or town car.
Any suggestions are welcome - we will be 4 adults & 3 kids.
Enjoy your February & Happy Valentine's Day to ALL! :love:
Debby

Hi Marci
We had snow yesterday brrrr its cold -5.

Two week countdown until Tunisia :cool1:

We've not been to anycomps since Dec. Our first one this year is March15th. I am currently waiting for Floss's season to start as we are going to mate her! SO i might have to deliver puppies! fingers x Her season is due any day:scared1:

Take care
x

Puppies! :eek: If she has puppies, you'll have to post pics. Have fun in Tunisia!

The sun is shining today :cool1: but there is still snow on the north sides of the buildings where the sun doesn't hit. I'm busy planning our WDW stay before the cruise - we're thinking Wilderness Lodge Villas as they have a washer & dryer which would be great with 3 kids. Also trying to figure out transportation from airport to WDW to port and back - Disney or town car.
Any suggestions are welcome - we will be 4 adults & 3 kids.
Enjoy your February & Happy Valentine's Day to ALL! :love:
Debby

Hi Debby! We've used Southern Elegance and been very pleased. The only other one we've used was Tiffany Town Car, and they left us at the port one year when we came in right after a hurricane when the port had no power. They picked up the highest bidder! :mad:

I had to go to page 5 to find our cruise :sad: The weather has been really nice the last few days and the granddaughters have really enjoyed their horses :thumbsup2 Sydney turned 4 on Thursday and we just found out the new baby due May 15th is a girl so when we sail it will be Reuben (my son-in-law) and his harem :rotfl2: Busy looking at strollers that will work for a newborn and work for a 14 month and 5 year old next summer when we go to WDW and then board the Magic :cheer2: Enjoy the leap year :cool1:

Hi Debby! I'm glad the granddaughters are enjoying the outside. We've been mostly cold lately, though it will be close to 80 today, then back close to freezing at night for the next week. :crazy2:

Helen -- did you have a great trip with your Mum? How is Dave?

Have a great week you two... And lurkers, JOIN IN! :)

Hi all:wave2:

Yes I'm back from Tunisia!:beach:

I had a lovely holiday with my mam. The weather was a lot better than in the uk:thumbsup2
The hotel we stayed in was lovely and it had the most amazing ceilings and decorations. My mam and I made friends with a large group of people and we had a laugh every night.

The one thing that was uncomfortable was the amount of men trying to get you into their shop or cafe. They would all stand outside and shout at you whilst you were walking in the street. Also you would have them trying to put scarfs or beads on you and demand money. I was ok with it -my mam said I had my cross teacher stare on - but my mam found it very stressful . Saying that though it did not spoil the holiday.

I've included some photos of our holiday.

This was the ceiling and light in the reception of the hotel - I loved it
PICT0048.jpg

PICT0001-3.jpg

My mam relaxing

PICT0002-1.jpg

The beach @ Port el Kantaoui

PICT0027.jpg

PICT0022-1.jpg

Off on a walk
PICT0012.jpg

Going in for dinner
PICT0060-1.jpg

Got to get back to the unpacking and washing !:laundy:

I wonder if its just going to be us on this cruise?

Take care
Will post more later
Helen x

Helen - so glad you had a great trip and thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures :goodvibes

I'm jumping ship on you two - Disney called yesterday and had a 2 bedroom suite open up on the June 6th sailing so we grabbed it :cool1: We had wanted an earlier cruise but had to wait until August 1st to get the suite so now we get our cake and get to eat it too :banana:

I'm going to follow this thread and I hope others jump on board so you can have a great time with fellow DISers

Take care and I'm so glad I met you on the boards :)

Grandma Debby

Hi all:wave2:

Yes I'm back from Tunisia!:beach:

I had a lovely holiday with my mam. The weather was a lot better than in the uk:thumbsup2
The hotel we stayed in was lovely and it had the most amazing ceilings and decorations. My mam and I made friends with a large group of people and we had a laugh every night.

The one thing that was uncomfortable was the amount of men trying to get you into their shop or cafe. They would all stand outside and shout at you whilst you were walking in the street. Also you would have them trying to put scarfs or beads on you and demand money. I was ok with it -my mam said I had my cross teacher stare on - but my mam found it very stressful . Saying that though it did not spoil the holiday.

I'm so glad you guys had a great time! Great pictures, too. Thanks for sharing!

Helen - so glad you had a great trip and thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures :goodvibes

I'm jumping ship on you two - Disney called yesterday and had a 2 bedroom suite open up on the June 6th sailing so we grabbed it :cool1: We had wanted an earlier cruise but had to wait until August 1st to get the suite so now we get our cake and get to eat it too :banana:

I'm going to follow this thread and I hope others jump on board so you can have a great time with fellow DISers

Take care and I'm so glad I met you on the boards :)

Grandma Debby

Oh Debby -- I'm so glad you got what you wanted, but really sad that now it's just down to my family and Helen's. I hope you have a great trip!

Helen -- what are we going to have to do to get the lurkers to post? :)

Or we could try and get the rest of the 2006 bunch to book and make it a reunion cruise :goodvibes

x

Hi
Just wanted to say :welcome: to anyone who is going on our cruise. Please feel free to introduce yourself. Or lurk for a while if you donot feel comfortable.

This will be my 6th cruise and I live in the Uk. I am a primary school teacher. I met Marci on my 4th cruise and it is a happy co-incidence that we have both booked this cruise.

I will be travelling with my dh.

:welcome: all:flower3:

Good morning U.S. and good afternoon to Helen. This will be our 5th Disney cruise, and I'll be celebrating a birthday on it.

I'm CFO for a communications training company that trains people how to communicate through the media, presentation skills, or how to be a good ambassador for the company you work for.

I'll be on this cruise with my DH, DS 13 and DS10 (ages at time of cruise) and possibly some neighbors.

Join in with us and learn a little about the other people cruising. It's really fun to walk around the ship/Islands and see people that we have met. :)

Good night - or should I say good evening?

I'm looking forward to the weekend as Dave and I are going to Crufts (the biggest dog show in the world!) - not competing just watching and shopping!

Welcome to all

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter