• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aug 12-19.2013 Mickey's Mouseketeers -Alaska Cruise

And we're off, leaving for the airport right now. Stopping in Anaheim first for some Disneyland and D23 Expo before flying up to Vancouver on Monday to see you all. See ya real soon!

Oh my god! You're so lucky!!!! I love Anaheim, it was incredible!

Aimshna, am I allowed to bring thi kind of thing at board? I don't think so but if we are, perhaps could we bring you a french baguette and and a croissant for Victoria's son.

On the other side, in San Francisco, you have Ghirrardelli, you're so lucky! (if you like chocolate of course! I tasted it last october in dowtown Disney and it was delicious! :D)

Oh my god! You're so lucky!!!! I love Anaheim, it was incredible!

Aimshna, am I allowed to bring thi kind of thing at board? I don't think so but if we are, perhaps could we bring you a french baguette and and a croissant for Victoria's son.

On the other side, in San Francisco, you have Ghirrardelli, you're so lucky! (if you like chocolate of course! I tasted it last october in dowtown Disney and it was delicious! :D)

I was kidding about the baquette - I had just saw on the Today show yesterday about how many baquettes the French eat each year. Breakfast of choice they said. If you like the Ghirrardelli choc you will love part of my FE gift. I like to bring something for part of it from our area! We visit Anaheim often - have season passes to Disneyland. Just took my grandson for a surprise 8th birthday and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. We were family of the day and got upgraded to a suite. First time that has happened. I said I wished they would upgrade us to the Roy Disney suite on the Wonder but doubt that would ever happen. Can wish though right?

Oh my God! You sure had a blast! I was in Paradise Pier last october and loved every second of my trip. I hope thant in a few yers (at the end of my studies) I will be lucky enough to return!

Oh yes, I love Ghirardelli :D I'm looking forward for you FE gift :D

The funniest thing with the bread is that I don't eat it often. Just in sandwiches or when I'm very very hungry ^^ But the rest of my familly loves it. I was more interested by the DCL's bread with different tastes.

Where I live (in Provence in fact), we have a few specialities like honey candies or something called "nougat". Have you ever tasted it?

I hope you will be upgraded!

We are leaving on Friday, so I just wanted to wish everyone safe travels! We fly from Tampa to Seattle on Friday night, then drive (rental car) from Seattle to Vancouver on Saturday where we will meet our friends and spend Saturday and Sunday with them. We are counting the days to board the Wonder! I am having to pack a whole extra suitcase for my FE's (much to my husband's dismay! :headache:

Safe travels everyone! :cheer2:

Sara

We are leaving on Friday, so I just wanted to wish everyone safe travels! We fly from Tampa to Seattle on Friday night, then drive (rental car) from Seattle to Vancouver on Saturday where we will meet our friends and spend Saturday and Sunday with them. We are counting the days to board the Wonder! I am having to pack a whole extra suitcase for my FE's (much to my husband's dismay! :headache:

Sara

Safe travels to you and your family also. If you can post let me know how the drive up to Vancouver is - we are also driving from Seattle to Vancouver with rental cars - curious about border crossing.

We are also a little concerned about the time it could take crossing the border. I have heard it is a beautiful drive, but a friend of mine crossedd last month and said they were "bumper to bumper" for two hours trying to cross the border. I have heard it is "hit or miss", so we will take our chances. I will do my best to post and let you know how it goes (and any tips I can offer), but I will warn you that I haven't logged in yet from my iPad (which is all I will have with me), but hopefully it will work. Safe travels to you as well!

Sara

Sara

I wish you and your familly a safe and wonderful travel!!! See you on the Wonder! :D

:dance3::dance3:

We are nearly packed and ready to go! We are driving to Vancouver and making a couple of stops along the way. White water rafting in Jasper tomorrow! So looking forward to some relaxation and pampering.

Safe travels everyone and we will see you on the WONDER on Monday!

:cheer2:

Merilee

Hi everybody! :)
For us it's packing day!I'm a little bit anxious about it but I hope it will be fast enough! Have a great day, we're so close now!

Hi everybody! :)
For us it's packing day!I'm a little bit anxious about it but I hope it will be fast enough! Have a great day, we're so close now!

Packing day for us too! I think my kids are all done with theirs so it is just for me and my husband. I think I have it covered. We leave early tomorrow morning. Safe travels for you two!!! Wonder here we come!

Everything is sitting by the front door waiting to be loaded into the car at 7 AM for the trip to the airport. I think between the 12 of us we have 10 suitcases and 12 carryons. I have no idea what all we have but I am sure we will be missing something. Can't wait to get on the Wonder and relax. Getting ready for vacation is a lot of work.

We're flying out tomorrow afternoon from DC -- we have so many bags but I feel better hearing we're not the only ones! Wishing everyone safe travels and we'll see you in Vancouver!

Nancy

We are in Vancouver now. Our GPS led us on a merry chase all over Washington! Border crossing wasn't bad, about 20-25 minutes....but it was at 12:30 at night!
Today we did the Vancouver aquarium. It was nice, but a little unorganized as far as the shows go. Tomorrow Grouse mtn and the suspension bridge.
Can't wait for Monday!!

Nancy, it looks as though your cabin is right across from ours. Hopefuly Ainsley and Kaitlyn can meet up.

Denise

We are in Vancouver now. Our GPS led us on a merry chase all over Washington! Border crossing wasn't bad, about 20-25 minutes....but it was at 12:30 at night!
Today we did the Vancouver aquarium. It was nice, but a little unorganized as far as the shows go. Tomorrow Grouse mtn and the suspension bridge.
Can't wait for Monday!!

Nancy, it looks as though your cabin is right across from ours. Hopefuly Ainsley and Kaitlyn can meet up.

Denise

Hi everyone! We are en route (sitting in Atlanta Airport) but our flight to Seattle was canceled last night due to weather, so they got us on a flight to Vancouver today (we were going to drive to Vancouver today). So, we will actually get to Vancouver ahead of schedule! So, in the end, all is well. Unfortunately I won't be able to share any advice about crossing the border. Good luck to all in your trek to the Wonder!

Hi everybody! I see everyone is ready now! Aimshna, do not worrie, we all have plenty of bags I think :rotfl2: Too many things to bring!
Denise, I'm so curious about grouse mountain as I will spend a couple of hours there after the cruise.
Nicholsfamily, what a fear! But fortunately, you're almost there! I hope I won't have the same worries tomorrow :)
Havec a safe trip or quiet packing everyone, and see you real soon! :)

My DH and I are in Vancouver. Arrived yesterday. On the Sapphire Princess. We had a great cruise on Princess, and are looking forward to a "wonderful" Disney cruise. While traveling southbound on the Sapphire we met the Wonder going northbound. We were seated by a window in the Savoy Dining Room. We told our dinner companions that we would be on the Wonder on it's next sailing. They remarked that she was a beautiful ship, and was that Mickey Mouse on the funnel? I wish I'd had my camera with me!

While the Princess cruise was great, and it was a treat to see Hubbard Glacier and the glaciers of Glacier Bay National Park, the cruise was missing the Disney magic. The stage shows were fun, but didn't compare to Disney entertainment. The food was good, and the service outstanding, but I think the Disney menus are more varied....especially the buffet options.

We only had one rainy day....not counting the wind and rain we experienced in Whittier the day we sailed. That was in Ketchikan, and it didn't hinder us from exploring the town and taking in the Great Alaskan Lumberjack Show, which was lots of fun.

We're interested to see what the the Disney check-in procedure will be here in Vancouver. The Princess embarkation was a nightmare! We felt like we were part of a herd of sheep. The terminal area was like a warehouse, and we were directed to a table to get our health forms to fill out. Instead of having someone hand them out at the door, we had to stand in a crowd around a small table to get them. They didn't have pens available to fill them out. After that bottleneck, the rest of the embarkation was easier, but we had to walk through the wind and rain to the gangway.... My only Disney embarkation was in Port Canaveral, where it was a breeze. I hope it's the same here tomorrow.

I don't suppose we'll be meeting any of you on the cruise, but I wish you all a great trip! We met some very nice people on the Princess cruise. We're looking forward to doing the same on this one :-)

Karen

Well, my family and I were so sad to disembark today, but we're enjoying 2 more weeks of vacation here in the Pacific Northwest. I hope everyone else had as great a cruise as we did -- we truly enjoyed the sights in Alaska and the amenities on the Wonder.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the FE Exchange. We really enjoyed peeking into the pockets of our fish extender when we returned to the room. So many thoughtful and well-executed gifts!

I was lucky enough to meet Meghann and Danny and the Broadway family on the trip. Sorry I did not have the chance to meet up with more of you -- maybe next trip!

Nancy

Finally home as of 2 a.m. Whew! What a long drive. We had an hour and 20 minute wait to cross the border. A harsh re-entry into real life after such a great vacation!!
I echo Nancy......a HUGE thank you to everyone who participated in the FE! Each and every gift was appreciated......and if Jamie or Pat could send me the directions for those can cozies that would be great. DD11 wants to see if she can make them, and as you could all probably tell from your frames, I am craft challenged. :sad2:
Wonderful, wonderful cruise! Hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did. DD11 LOVED the edge and made lots of new friends, including Nancy's DD! Although our big excursions were cancelled in Juneau due to the weather, we were able to book zip lining in Ketchikan last minute and it was a blast!! Plus, we saw whales and dolphins the last night at dinner.
Again, than you alll and I hope you all had a magical vacation! pixiedust:

Denise

Reality has set in after doing 6 loads of laundry and spending the day putting everything away. We had a great vacation. Hardly saw our 6 grandkids at all. Once again they loved the clubs and our two oldest 11 and 12 loved having their independence moving about the ship and being able to go in and out of their club. We saw lots of whales. The first morning I was up at 6 AM and saw 3 right out of our window. Woke everyone up to see them but that wasn't necessary because we saw so many just by sitting out on deck. We all loved the FE gifts and were excited each day to see what we got. They were all fantastic! It took us 1 hour to get across the border but we made it to the airport in Seattle in time. We did the express carry off and have decided we will do that every time we cruise. It was really easy and not having to search through all the baggage looking for yours is well worth it. And there was no crowds getting off. Hope everyone had an amazing time like we did!

Reality has set in for me as well, laundry is started and I have most things put away. We had an awesome vacation. Disney does a fabulous job.
Thank you everyone for the FE gifts we loved them all! It was so much fun seeing the gifts when we would return to or leave the room. I'm sure if we sail Disney again the kids will insist on doing FE gifts. :)
Once again thank you all for making our cruise that much more special.
Pat

I don't have enough posts to pm the instuctions so I will add them on here. :)

Mickey & Minnie Coffee Cozy

Gauge: 15 sc and 19 rows per 4” swatch, done with worsted weight yarn. Gauge is somewhat important since you want this cozy to fit snuggly on your coffee cup.
Materials:
“G” Hook (4.5mm) or size hook to hit gauge. See above.
Worsted weight yarn.
White buttons. Large for Mickey, small for Minnie
Yarn needle to do the finishing.

MICKEY:

Using RED yarn: Chain 33, join with slip stitch in first chain to form loop.

Round 1: chain 1, single crochet in each chain around (33 single crochet). Slip stitch in chain 1 to join.

Round 2-5: Single crochet in each single crochet, slip stitch in chain 1 to join.

Switch to BLACK for the remainder of the cozy.

Rounds 6-12: chain 1, single crochet in each chain around. Slip stitch in chain 1 to join.

Round 13: Reverse single crochet in each single crochet. Slip stitch in chain 1.

MINNIE:

Using pink (or red) yarn: 33, join with slip stitch in first chain to form loop.

Round 1: chain 1, single crochet in each chain around (33 single crochet). Slip stitch in chain 1 to join.

Round 2-8: Single crochet in each single crochet, slip stitch in chain 1 to join.

Switch to BLACK for the remainder of the cozy.

Rounds 9 -12: chain 1, single crochet in each chain around. Slip stitch in chain 1 to join.

Round 13: Reverse single crochet in each single crochet. Slip stitch in chain 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter