Au Chalet de Marionnette

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This counter service restaurant is located in Fantasyland or Adventureland.
Yes this restaurant has the unique honour of having entrances in two different lands, but is mainly known for being a Fantasyland restaurant.
As you would expect with the name Pinocchio is where this restaurant takes its themeing.
Speciality is roast chicken and quite a few nice desserts.
The restaurant is laid out with seating in small areas.

This restaurant is also the venue for the Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast.
Apart from Disneyland Hotel and Davy Crocket Ranch on-site guests and elect to take their breakfast in the park and benefit for early park entry. Continental breakfast is offered.

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

Had lunch in here on Monday 23rd Oct and it was fine, around 30 euros for 2 adults and 2 children, including kids ice cream. Some good meal choices for kids and adults, we got there around 12pm and it wasn't busy. One thing to watch out for is the mustard in the kids burgers, not as mild as mcdonalds mustard! Would ask for plain ones next time. I had hot dog with sauerkraut (sp??) which was nice, friend had omelette sandwich which we thought was a bad translation but it was exactly what it said - weird! Has plenty of seating inside and outside if the weather's nice.

Lynn

We ate here twice during our stay. The roast chicken is one of the nicer fast food options offered in the park.

The restaurant did, however, get very busy between 12.00 and 2.00 and then again when the parade finished. We got there just before 12.00 and had no problems.

I have eaten here many times this year, it's a nice restaurant, the walls really are nice telling the story of Pinocchio. The Adentureland area is very nice, especially late at night when noone wants to walk that far. The Fantasyland breakfast is very cool to be able to eat in the park, however can be really really busy and I prefer eating breakfast in hotels. The food is OK, the magic burger's are rather nice, however I have found in October one cast member here to be rude and annoying, I tried all I could, I know I cannot speak the best french. However I did try and so the cast member on the till had to answer back and be like you mean so on. Really not pleasant when I was tired and quite easily sick of walking around for the day. But apart from that it is a really nice place to eat fast food.

After waiting an hour in line (no exaggerating), BF ordered a bacon burger (I think) with fries and I had the tomato soup with bread and butter.

Burger was good (I guess) but the tomato soup was downright bad! It was the "minute soup" kind, and I was just coloured warm water, no taste at all. :confused3

It's something I will NEVER order again. The bread was good though, it's the kind you get there when you do the GMFL BF

P1020033.jpg

We had our two Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfasts here. Both times we walked. A lot of people did not realize that they could walk to the restaurant and they followed the directions to the train. We were almost finished with our breakfast when the train group arrived so that was nice for us. Lots of tables to choose from and no long lines in the buffet area. I really loved the honey and fruit salads which were not available at the breakfast buffet at Santa Fe. When we arrived at the restaurant no attractions were operating.

P9070023.jpg

P9070020.jpg

P9070019.jpg

P6070012.jpg

Wall paintings

P9070026.jpg

P9070024.jpg

P9070022.jpg

P9070021.jpg

This is the counterservice menu from june 2006

P6060028.jpg

thanks for posting these pics, it's nice to have an idea of what to expect for GMFB:thumbsup2 :hippie:

We've only visited here for the Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast when we last visited and we loved it. The breakfast is nothing different than what you can find in somewhere like the Sequoia Lodge but we still loved it. We walked it as well, much better than taking the train and it was nice to see the park when it's peacefull. May try to eat here next time we go (next year hopefully).

Anke, you did what I have always wanted to do, but have never done until now: take pictures of the buffet itself!

One day I'l find enough "courage" to do that too! ;)

Thank you Anke, Sandra and eveyone else who has posted photos/reviews. :thumbsup2

Keep 'em coming please! :goodvibes

thanks Anke! you take AWESOME photos and you have a great camera!! my mouth is watering..only time i have time for breakfast is when i am on holiday cant wait to get back to Disneyland Paris
regards
P.

We have eaten here a couple of times, mostly late afternoon. The chicken is very good and what ever else must have been ok as I don't remember it.

We have had GMFB here on quite a few occasions......its really easy to get to, doesn't take long to walk and if you get there 1 hour before the park officially opens you will be one of the first eating your breakfast then first on the rides (peter pan especially:banana: )
heres another photo taken inside
Picture848.jpg

"and if you get there 1 hour before the park officially opens you will be one of the first eating your breakfast then first on the rides (peter pan especially)"

So GMF is at 9 isn't it? So you're saying get there at 8 in order to be at the front of the queue? What happens if you get there at 9? Is the queue really big? I'm glad you mentioned it otherwise I probably would have strolled up at 9!
Do they let you in the park at 8 or will you just be at the front of the queue to get in?
Thanks

sometimes the park opens at 10am....so you need to know what time is park opening the day you plan to go (you do know that this needs to be booked in advanced don't you?)
If it opens at 9am then yes, get there at 8am they will let you in an hour before the 'public', there will be a queue but the restaurant if fairly big and as mentioned before, not everyone walks there....I dont know why:confused3
You can book this at concierge or direct with DLP before your visit and is free if you are staying onsite.
Have a great time:thumbsup2
Elaine

As well as checking what time the park opens you also need to check if theres EMH- If so you will be allowed in 2 hrs before official opening. If this starts at 8.00 you will be allowed in at 8.00 and be allowed into the designated areas/rides open
If there is no morning EMH you are often allowed in half hour before opening but will only be allowed onto main street but can then queue at entrance to each area to wait for rope drop.

GMF breakfasts tend to be at different times- you will be offered a time slot which may or may not be before park opens (depending if theres EMH). You go to allocated restaurant for that time (Weve never had Chalet but laways had Bella Notte).

We had 9.15 slot booked last year and turned up about 8.45 expecting to be allowed through (park opened at 10.00 - no EMH) however were made to join queue at bag check and didnt let anyone through until after 9.00. The area was becoming more and more crowded and people were being told to move closer together.
Once they eventually started letting people through bag check area it got better as crowd dispersed a bit- some towards studios, some to queue for tickets, some to queue to get in and some to linger for photos in Fantasia Gardens. They then guided brekfast people through a separate entrance. We actually wrote and complained to disney as we felt it was a safety issue with so many people being made to wait in such a small area when they could have let some through earlier - the bag check people were there but not starting to check until after 9.00. WE felt any young children or those unsteady on feet could easily be pushed over as once they did open bag search everyone was pushing forward. It was scary.

However that was last year. This year we had morning EMH which made it much more pleasant to get into park- no queues

After waiting an hour in line (no exaggerating), BF ordered a bacon burger (I think) with fries and I had the tomato soup with bread and butter.

Burger was good (I guess) but the tomato soup was downright bad! It was the "minute soup" kind, and I was just coloured warm water, no taste at all. :confused3

It's something I will NEVER order again. The bread was good though, it's the kind you get there when you do the GMFL BF

I hate to say this, but DD and I ate in this restaurant during our Christmas visit, and we loved the soup! We ordered 2 extra rolls, and the person misunderstood us and gave us two portions, so we ended up with 6 rolls between us! They were yummy dipped in the soup though, and we found it was nice when we drank it, rather than try and use the spoon! :laughing:

I did think about trying the chicken, but I worry that things aren't cooked properly, so I that's why I opted for the soup.

We ate lunch here last year. We both had a Gepetto burger, fries and soda, and thought they were pretty good. I took a photo of the food, but don't have access to it right now. I'll try to post it later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter