Attention all 10/12/03 4night Wonder Cruisers! Sign in here!

Just changed our reservations from a 3-day in December to 4-day October 12th. A surprise for our DD8. We are not planning to tell her until we get there. She knows we are going to Disney but doesn't know about the cruise.

This will be our 2nd disney cruise.

Welcome to the group tweetsie!!!!! There should be lots of kids for her to hang out with too!! :) We have a great group going so this should be a blast! :)

Kamy

Hey Kamy:

Getting together sounds great. And, guess what? I have a PLAN. We all meet in Beano's room. Since we have a CAT 11 and I am sure Beano has a better room, let's just stay in Beano's room until Beano can't take it anymore and leaves. Then we switch my luggage with his luggage. And TAAAA DAAAA! An unofficial upgrade!

I do have one question for you Kamy? Why do we have to wait 4 months? I want to go tomorrow!!!!!!

You are so right! Beano is the best to hang with....tons of fun...and he always brings tons of luggage! LOL!!

We have to wait 4 months cause they won't let us on right now...no docs! LOL!!!

I am ready now too!! I cannot wait to get on the ship and to meet everyone! :)

Kamy

Oh, sure - I go out of town for a few days, and already you're scheming for my room! It's only a cat 4 though. Wait until the following week! :) Woo-hoo!!

Rose - Welcome to our twisted little group! Where in CA are ya'll from? (I like the idea of putting the kids on Ebay; don't know how much ours would bring in though!)

'Beano':cool:

Welcome back Beano!!!! you know we luv ya! LOL!!! :)

Well, I don't know...your kids might bring in a lot...they don't eat much! LOL!! :)

Hey Beano:

Bad news! EBay called me and told me selling my kids on their website was illegal. Can you imagine? So, I have decided to sell my leather purse and just add the kids in for a bonus. The buyer won't know until the purse and children show up on their doorstep. Will let you know how this works.

I am in North SAn Diego county. Where are you? We live about 50 minutes south from the "other" magical kingdom, Disneyland and California Adventure. After we get off the boat on Thursday, we are trying to decide what to do (we are staying in Orlando until Saturday). We are going to Disneyworld Thursday night from 7pm - midnight for the Halloween party. However, on Friday we are trying to decide between Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and MGM Studios. Where would you take a 7 and 4 year old? Where would they have the most fun? We have season passes to Disneyland so we don't really want to spend too much time at Disneyworld.

Wow Beano, CAT 4? <gets down on her knees and bows> "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. Beano, you do realize that if we were on the titanic together and my family was in the CAt 11 and your family was in a CAt 4, we would go down with the ship while you would sail away in the rubber raft. Would you at least throw us a life perserver?

I look forward to meeting everyone. And, thanks for the wonderful welcome into your "twisted" group.

Rose: We are in the central valley, near Fresno... but don't hold that against us!

I used to live in Anaheim, however, just a few blocks from The Mouse!

We are also going to the Halloween party at the Magic Kingdom on Thursday night, along with Kamy and her miserable DH. We'll be at Epcot on Friday. As for your question, where to take your 4 and 7 year old...I'd have to suggest Animal Kingdom or Disney Studios. In my ever so humble opinion, I think kids that age would get bored rather quickly at Epcot. Besides, you wouldn't want to run the risk of seeing all of us on BOTH of your WDW days!!

And as for the difference between the cat 11 and cat 4... don't worry. Disney is no longer using locked gates at the stairwells to keep the riff raff away. You can even join us for brandy and cigars now... well, beer and pretzels, anyway.

Git your own darn lifeboat though. ;)

Fresno? OMG. You aren't the house with the old toilet bowl in the front yard , are you? I just love the way you managed to use it as a planter. Great style.

Riff Raff? You know Beano, we have been called many things but never Riff Raff. Well, okay, a couple of times we were called riff raff, but it wasn't to our faces.

Thanks for your advice on Epcot. AS we were reading the material on it, DH and I were thinking Epcot was gonna be a little over the kids heads. Heck , we were thinking it might be a little over our heads.

Why did you move to Fresno? Do you miss Anaheim? I bet Fresno isn't as fast paced as Anaheim. That would be a nice change.

Rose - Actually, I was raised here. I lived in Anaheim when I was finishing my schooling. My wife and I own a business here... and if I'd known then what I know now, I'd have patented that toilet bowl planter years ago and retired. What an inspiration. (By the way, if you can find it on a map, we actually live in Kingsburg, not Fresno!)

If your kids like the zoo, they'd enjoy Animal Kingdom. It's a much slower paced day, and you can easily do and see everything there in one day or even less.
Disney Studios is a great day too, but your kids would still be too little for the best rides in the park, much like taking them to Universal Studios. And although Epcot is our favorite park to visit; again, I can't recommend it for you. Your kids would be bored in an hour... (unless they like foreign foods and good beer perhaps?)

So sayeth Beano, your self-proclaimed DisneyWorld expert. (I'm waiting for Kamy to chime in on this one too!)

P.S. Please don't take the riff raff comment personally. I would never be so rude as to say something like that to nice folks whom I've never even met yet. After we meet and socialize on this cruise, we can exchange insulting nicknames more properly. Like my friend 'tarzanman', with whom I communicated on this board only a few times before our cruise last year, and yet now I can be quite comfortable referring to him as the low-life, dog kicking, boot licking, inbred, overstuffed sack of monkey poop he really is. I mean that in a good way, of course. :)

Wow beano, you are just full of insults! :) And who made you the WDW expert of the group??? That would be me...don't deny it! You are so jealous!LOL!! :)

Yeah, i figured you must have a toilet bowl in your front yard since you never invite us to see you in your native land! LOL!!!!! j/k :)

You know Rose is right....you would get a life raft you pompous little man! LOL!!!! Just kidding!!!

This is gonna be a great cruise!

Hey, Kamy - Shaddup.

I would like to take this time to officially welcome "MO64RN" and her clan to our cruise!! She has been unable to post on the boards lately, but I received an email from her and they are definitely joining us. My kids are very excited to be cruising with her kids again... Look out Disney Wonder, here they come!!

(And actually, we don't have a toilet bowl in our front yard, but if Kamy and Tim ever DO visit us, we'll install one just for them. ;) )

Can anyone tell what the weather is like on the 4 day during October especially during the second week (temperatures).

We have cruised this same week for the past 2 years, and have had great weather both times. Very little rain, I'd say less than 30 minutes cumulatively all week. Temps in the low 80's, moderate humidity... all in all, very pleasant weather. Can't wait to go back!!

GEEEESH! What is going on with this website? I couldn't get in! I just want everyone to know that I have been refused entrance into better places than this!!!!!!

Okay, me again. What do you guys think about Discovery Cove? Have you ever been there? Will the children drown? Will we go to prison if they do?

I know the 7 year old and I can swim with the dolphins. However, can the 4 year old and hubby still have fun in the fish pools? (notice I am making sure that I get to go swimming with the dolphins. That is the kind of DW I am. Always thinking of ME).

If you have any constructive input, please reply. Beano, notice the word "Constructive" (joking).

Thank you

Ah yes, my reputation for unconstructive advice proceeds me!!

Actually, we went to Discovery Cove 2 years ago, so I can tell you what ya need to know!

The dolphin swim was fun, if a bit overrated. Let me put it this way: It was much less than what I expected it to be, therefore I was disappointed. So just keep your expectations lower, much like my wife did when she married me, and you'll be fine!

Seriously - I had expected a chance to jump in the water and frolic with these beautiful creatures... frolic - that's a funny word, isn't it? Fraw-lick. Fraugh-lique! Um, where was I? Oh yes!

The dolphin portion was said to be about 90 minutes. Sweet!
Actual time with the dolphins? Maybe 20 minutes. And actually swimming with them? Forget it. They tow you in about 30 feet with their dorsal fin, and that's it. And that is really just so they can take your picture with the dolphin and sell it to you for 30 bucks! But there is absolutely no 'free swimming' allowed in the dolphin area.

You spend the first 30-45 minutes watching a mandatory video about the dolphin's behavior, etc. Then you proceed to the water, where you are allowed to go in ankle deep while the trainers work with the dolphins. Then each person in your group gets to touch the dolphin on the nose. Oh boy.

After that, each person individually swims out to the center of the lagoon, and your dolphin pulls you back in. Photo op! It's really cool to do that, but entirely too brief.

Sorry to put such a negative spin on it, but I felt the dolphin portion of the day left much to be desired. It IS a neat experience, but it's very brief and very expensive.

The snorkeling area is, on the other hand, awesome! DS and I snorkeled around the entire thing 3 times and had a ball.

One word of caution - be sure to use the "free" wetsuits! The water is chilly.

All in all, it was an enjoyable day; the dolphin encounter was a bit disappointing, but still nice. The snorkeling was great fun. Our tab for the day? $1,075.00 (4 people) cha-ching!!

Sorry you asked?? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter