Attendance

So today was more crowded that I imagined it would be!! Currently riding Small World. The last ride I needed to ride to do every ride that was operational today. What a workout!!
AZ Spring Break started today, so this week was expected to be busy. Sounds like you had quite a day!

I did! I thought I wasn't gonna make it but then the rain helped. Astro orbiter was at 20 minutes for the longest. Then rain hit and it dropped to 5.

My old high school is cancelling the Disneyland senior Grad Nite :(. The district has advised schools to cancel all unnecessary field trips. And while that one is a little further off, they're coming up on a refund deadline and don't want to risk being forced to cancel later, but no refund available for the students.

Another district also moved up their spring break week after closing the schools. Parents are scrambling to rearrange travel plans. No word yet if my mom's district might do the same, but I really hope not.

A lot is shut down in SF too. Even Disney Family Museum is closed until March 20 in response to the strong requests from the city to cease operations for a couple weeks.

My old high school is cancelling the Disneyland senior Grad Nite :(. The district has advised schools to cancel all unnecessary field trips. And while that one is a little further off, they're coming up on a refund deadline and don't want to risk being forced to cancel later, but no refund available for the students.

Man, this is really getting out of hand. If anyone can fight off Corona, it's a HS student. They're the healthiest among us! That said, I'm coming to DL during grad week the first of June, so.....cancel away!

Man, this is really getting out of hand. If anyone can fight off Corona, it's a HS student. They're the healthiest among us! That said, I'm coming to DL during grad week the first of June, so.....cancel away!

They go in May at my old school so wouldn't affect a June trip sadly. Not that many can afford to go anyways. I think the school limits it to/only requests to reserve about 100 tickets? I'm not sure the full details, but I think it's about $300/student to go last I heard (bus round trip from SF Bay Area + PH&party ticket). And the senior class is definitely much bigger than that. Won't be a big difference for that day in May unless other schools start cancelling too.

On one hand I agree. It feels extreme at this point in time especially for high schoolers. On the other hand I know the only reason they made this decision right now is because of refunds.

If down the road cancellation becomes mandatory from the district (instead of highly encouraged), they're screwed if Disney refuses refunds. It sucks, but while I'm side eyeing the decision, I also get it to a degree when I consider the financial side. It'll be interesting to see if any other NorCal schools cancel.

In contrast my mom and I aren't cancelling our trip in a couple weeks (or our trip a couple weeks after that). And she's definitely in the concern age group. But we're just going to be cautious like always. I feel evil that I'm kind of hoping in a couple weeks more people stay away than would have before.

Yikes, I wonder what will happen with Dapper Days. We have two rooms booked via the convention rate and it has a non-refundable first night deposit. My Dad has diabetes and I have asthma (although I'm in my early 30s, Dad is 60). A week ago I was rolling my eyes, but now as the date looms closer we aren't feeling too great about going. In any normal circumstance we'd go no problem. Ugh. May be the last time we book these kind of special rates.

Oh man my MIL just called me all freaked out saying we can't go to Disneyland anymore. I didn't have the heart to tell her we are going tomorrow. I just renewed my AP to Flex and I need to activate my son's new Flex AP so I can make a reservation for next month.

Yikes, I wonder what will happen with Dapper Days. We have two rooms booked via the convention rate and it has a non-refundable first night deposit. My Dad has diabetes and I have asthma (although I'm in my early 30s, Dad is 60). A week ago I was rolling my eyes, but now as the date looms closer we aren't feeling too great about going. In any normal circumstance we'd go no problem. Ugh. May be the last time we book these kind of special rates.
I wonder what they would say if someone called to cancel because they were exposed to coronavirus? Hmmmm.... would they refund or stay firm and risk them showing up with coronavirus?

I'm coming this weekend, and my room at the residence Inn Suites at the Convention Center... rate has dropped $250 since I booked it in January! Check your rates folks!

Leaving in an hour and have been here since March 6th. Had a great trip, overall Lines were low and had a great time. Tons of people washI guess their hands and using sanitizer so that’s good! Stayed at Hyatt House and really enjoyed it, we will stay here for sure again. Any questions, please feel free to ask!

That is true, but, the high school student goes home and is around family members younger and older who possibly can't fight it off as well. (grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles).

My Alaska Airlines flight last night was spotless. And full. The rain was awful today and we are jet lagged. Currently in a Space Mountain line from hell because the ride may be down.
Tomorrow will be better

overall crowd seemed low.

I know it's still early, but with all of these cancellations happening, do you think they would stop gradnite?

I have a Flex Pass that's good through May, so who knows what they would do in regards to AP's.
I hope if they close the parks, they extend AP’s

Tokyo DL Resort has lengthened their shutdown and will be extending their APs.
“Expiration date of Annual Passports will be extended (this also applies to Annual Passport Vouchers and Annual Passport Exchange Certificates). Information will be posted on the Tokyo Disney Resort Official Website as available.”

The following link is in English, even though the link title is in Japanese.
https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en...book&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=200311_en

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter