Attendance

JohnR5101

Mouseketeer
Just noticed that today (3/5/2020) attendance seems to be very light. My app at 1:00 pm shows RSR wait time of 40 minutes, and FastPass still available for a return time of 4:10. That seems unheard of. All waits seem fairly low. What the attendance like there right now? Does it seem like and exceptionally slow day for a Thursday?

Just noticed that today (3/5/2020) attendance seems to be very light. My app at 1:00 pm shows RSR wait time of 40 minutes, and FastPass still available for a return time of 4:10. That seems unheard of. All waits seem fairly low. What the attendance like there right now? Does it seem like and exceptionally slow day for a Thursday?
The wait times and FP returns are pretty consistent with a few Wednesdays ago, when I was there and the parks were quite light. I was there last night and crowds were light. Time of year + midweek + Pixar event + maybe coronavirus concerns?

There’s a bit of a lull between school breaks/holidays right now too. I know a ton of people who went 2-3 weeks ago when many WA school districts had mid winter break/long weekends for President’s Day. I don’t think Spring Break starts for many until next week, but then it’s basically every week through mid-April so I would expect attendance to pick back up soon.

Seems very low. We are in the lull before the "start" of Spring Break season next week, but I personally think the headlines are taking a toll also.

This weekend will be somewhat telling to see if people are altering plans. But the real test should be Monday when SoCal passes are unblocked and the first Spring crowds should be there.

As noted that convention cancelled this weekend with bulk of events starting today, I think. There may be some empty hotel rooms around.

The wait times and FP returns are pretty consistent with a few Wednesdays ago, when I was there and the parks were quite light. I was there last night and crowds were light. Time of year + midweek + Pixar event + maybe coronavirus concerns?

The coronavirus may have lead / be leading to some businesses and people to cancel their Disneyland trips, but among locals, I doubt that's the case. Because of the unusually warm weather, many area businesses and venues are seeing record foot traffic. I read the The Irvine Company, which is the largest land owner in Southern California and designed the communities of Newport Beach and Irvine, just opened a new, large luxury apartment community and in a matter of days leased more units than it had projected for an entire quarter.

We were there today and it was amazing. BTMRR had immediate FP return times, as did many rides. I think it’s a combination of the lull between ski week and spring break, coupled with the coronavirus. Several friends thought I was crazy for going today, but our pediatrician told me Disneyland isn’t worse than the grocery store, the gym, or a hospital, and we’ve been in all of those places the last 48 hours, so I figured WTH? We washed hands A LOT, and used sanitizer and wipes constantly. Now I’ll spend the next 14 days 🙏. 🤣

It’ll be interesting to see what Saturday looks like. I predict lighter than normal spring break crowds.... we have several friends from Texas who were planning on coming out for spring break, and all of them are on the fence about coming. People are completely wigged out over this virus.

Let's just say yesterday when I arrive day the parks around 10:25am I was able to get a backup boarding group got ROTR. That got called as I was at the airport..

Same. We got one today after 10am. We rolled up to the parks about 9:30, after parking at the Tropicana for the day. It was fantastic. No lines.

A friend was there this morning and said crowds were fantastic and some FP return times were sometimes immediate (on Buzz, for example, as they used to be). He speculated that low crowds may have (finally) been due to the Coronavirus. I may go on Sunday. Hopefully this lasts.
Even on the busiest of Saturdays, many rides have immediate (or very close, like 10 minutes away) FPs, including Buzz.

Even on the busiest of Saturdays, many rides have immediate (or very close, like 10 minutes away) FPs, including Buzz.
That hasn’t been my experience post-ROTR. Buzz nearly always issued immediate return-time FPs. I haven’t seen that since the new attraction opened.

I may go to the park on Sunday and will definitely go next Weds. I’ll report back on crowds, as always.

Really? This has not been our experience, especially post ROTR. We’ve been 4 times since the end of January and yesterday was the first time probably 95% of the rides had immediate FP return all day.

Well I just hope it holds. Between the rainy forecast next week and people concerned about Coronavirus, I’m really hoping for a delightfully light week next week! Rain doesn’t scare us, the best Disney days are rainy days!

A girl can dream...

Ehhh I'm a regular Saturday goer and this is partially correct. Saturdays before ROTR were pretty good crowd-wise before the afternoon/evening hit. So you could get a fastpass with a decent time, even for headliners. My friends and I could easily hit 9 or 10 attractions before noon if we did rope drop. Of course crowds would pick up in the afternoon/evening when the parades and entertainment were going on. Then fastpasses would slowly disappear.

Fast forward to Saturdays post-ROTR and fastpass times are sort of all over the place. I've seen rides like Buzz and Small world have return times more than a hour. Sometimes there's cancellations, but it is so tricky now with ROTR. The ride has changed so much in regards to fastpasses and the overall flow of the park early in the day.

We have traveled to Disneyland many times this very week and we have picked it because it tends to be pretty manageable crowd wise. It will begin to pick up next week and beyond as March breaks starts to bring more people in, outside of any health concerns that is. You can see as well that hours were shorter this week and the so Disney expected lower than normal attendance. Next week the hours are back up to 8AM-Midnight all through the week, if it remains quiet during next week then I really think you can conclude this virus is having an impact.

The coronavirus may have lead / be leading to some businesses and people to cancel their Disneyland trips, but among locals, I doubt that's the case. Because of the unusually warm weather, many area businesses and venues are seeing record foot traffic. I read the The Irvine Company, which is the largest land owner in Southern California and designed the communities of Newport Beach and Irvine, just opened a new, large luxury apartment community and in a matter of days leased more units than it had projected for an entire quarter.

that speaks more to the long term housing supply issue than a temporary blip from a coronavirus. I mean, if you’re gonna be quarantined, you’re gonna need a place to quarantine yourself to!

I just checked the onsite hotels that just a few weeks ago were sold out for all next week and it looks like rooms are open. I had to initially book a 2nd reservation to extend my trip but I was able to call today and extend my original reservation and cancel the 2nd one and save about $200 in the process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter