At what time do you have dinner?

Agree with minniegirl19. Restaurants at Disney Springs may also have late night seatings or you could eat at one of the lounges there or at a resort after the nighttime show.

Have a magical trip!

It depends. If we have a big breakfast (usually once per trip), we'll usually snack for lunch and have an earlier dinner around 5PM. If we're eating at a park (which we rarely do) or going back to a park after dinner we'll eat around 6-6:30PM. If we're not doing anything after dinner we'll eat around 7:30-8:30PM.

At home, we normally eat around 6 - 7 pm, so that's the time I chose when making my ADR's. One night of our trip, MK closes at 8 and I got a spot at Be Our Guest for 7:30. I'm looking forward to seeing a quiet-ish park when we leave our dinner that night.

During park days we don't have a proper dinner, only a quick QS around 7pm. For table services on our off days we book late dinners, 8 or 9pm.

The earlier the better.

I've eaten as early as 4:30. Any later than 5:30 or so and the energy level really begins to drag (even if you had an "afternoon break").

If you have kids, an early dinner gives you options for the night as well (go home or stay out late).

OP, I agree with Minnegirl119, just stick to what you are used to. Eat lunch at 2-3, snack, eat dinner AFTER the shows. You should have an easier time getting your choice of restaurants on that schedule.

Thanks for all the help! i've never thought this would be so difficult! i have a list of places we wanna eat and we have the dinning plan :D

OP, I agree with Minnegirl119, just stick to what you are used to. Eat lunch at 2-3, snack, eat dinner AFTER the shows. You should have an easier time getting your choice of restaurants on that schedule.

Will we find good places to dinner after the night shows? should we go to disney springs? i think in our resort there is not much to choose from :P (caribbean beach)

My family likes to eat at unorthodox times to avoid crowds, and we usually go for 2 large meals a day instead of 3 regular meals. This being said we like to eat a large brunch around 10:30 am and then do a larger early dinner around 3:30 pm. This means we skip the hottest and most crowded part of the afternoon in the parks and enjoy a leisurely meal, and then enjoy shorter waits in the evening whenever everyone else heads to dinner. It's not for everyone but this system works very well for us!

Will we find good places to dinner after the night shows? should we go to disney springs? i think in our resort there is not much to choose from :P (caribbean beach)
We usually stay at CBR, but with construction Shutters is closed (Was a great restaurant, btw)
Do you have a car? Or are you using Disney transportation?
Disney Springs has a lot of late night choices. Some of those restaurants you can get ADRs via Open Table, and not struggle with Disney's ADR system.
If you're at HS or Epcot, there are restaurants and CS on the Boardwalk as well as at Y&B club resorts.
MK offers a TON of choices at the monorail resorts. And close to AK is AK Lodge.
All the resorts have great choices.

We usually stay at CBR, but with construction Shutters is closed (Was a great restaurant, btw)
Do you have a car? Or are you using Disney transportation?
Disney Springs has a lot of late night choices. Some of those restaurants you can get ADRs via Open Table, and not struggle with Disney's ADR system.
If you're at HS or Epcot, there are restaurants and CS on the Boardwalk as well as at Y&B club resorts.
MK offers a TON of choices at the monorail resorts. And close to AK is AK Lodge.
All the resorts have great choices.

Hi!
We dont have a car, we will use disney transportation. We just need to go to places where we can use the dinning plan :D

We dont have a car, we will use disney transportation. We just need to go to places where we can use the dinning plan
Good news, almost every restaurant except Victoria's & Albert's takes the Dining Plan! So you're in luck there! In fact, except for a handful in Disney Springs ALL the restaurants in the parks and resorts take the DP.
Although, I like the advice of earlier posters about eating before nighttime entertainment. It is then late, you are toast, and if you are leaving the park on WDW transportation there is many times a LONG wait because you are now waiting with hundreds of your new closest friends for the resort bus to return you to CBR. And trust me, you are tired!
Far better, imho, to set up a relaxing ADR in park or at a close by resort for before the nighttime show and have some snacks in your room for if you want to nosh later.
I think of this like Broadway, dinner and a show...

Take into account your travel time....that is the main reason for eating at 5-6 p.m. If you are depending on Disney transportation and you want to eat at AKL--say Boma for dinner, You might get there by using the Animal Kingdom Park bus from your resort...since this park is the closest to the restaurant. Once at the park you hop on the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus to go the resort for your meal. First you would need to leave your resort at 4 because you have to get to your reservation and transfer buses...so let's say that takes 30 minutes. And that is if there is a bus waiting, you may have to wait on a bus. Now it is 4:30 and your reservation at Boma is at 5:00....there is A LOT TO SEE at Animal Kingdom Lodge and you want the time to look around the lobby, find the restaurant and show up a little before your 5:00 dinning reservation. You have a great dinner. Now you decide to go to a park. You leave Animal Kingdom Lodge and Magic Kingdom is 20 minutes away by bus ( Walt Disney World is that BIG)...never leaving the property. You could not ride the AK bus because that park is now closed and you can only go to a park that is open or Disney Springs. If it is late and all parks are closed your only choice to get back to your resort is to ride to Disney Springs and then get on the Caribbean Beach bus from there....that is the reason so many of us plan an earlier dinner...there is so much to see at the resorts it is crazy...getting around is good with their transportation system but you have to add in travel time to everything because the World is so big. DH and I really never take a car and we just build travel time in as an adventure.

You need to decide on your restaurant and then plan your travel time to and from and how you will travel, bus, boat, monorail. Walk Disney World is 47 square miles or the size of New York City or at least similar.

Take into account your travel time....that is the main reason for eating at 5-6 p.m. If you are depending on Disney transportation and you want to eat at AKL--say Boma for dinner, You might get there by using the Animal Kingdom Park bus from your resort...since this park is the closest to the restaurant. Once at the park you hop on the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus to go the resort for your meal. First you would need to leave your resort at 4 because you have to get to your reservation and transfer buses...so let's say that takes 30 minutes. And that is if there is a bus waiting, you may have to wait on a bus. Now it is 4:30 and your reservation at Boma is at 5:00....there is A LOT TO SEE at Animal Kingdom Lodge and you want the time to look around the lobby, find the restaurant and show up a little before your 5:00 dinning reservation. You have a great dinner. Now you decide to go to a park. You leave Animal Kingdom Lodge and Magic Kingdom is 20 minutes away by bus ( Walt Disney World is that BIG)...never leaving the property. You could not ride the AK bus because that park is now closed and you can only go to a park that is open or Disney Springs. If it is late and all parks are closed your only choice to get back to your resort is to ride to Disney Springs and then get on the Caribbean Beach bus from there....that is the reason so many of us plan an earlier dinner...there is so much to see at the resorts it is crazy...getting around is good with their transportation system but you have to add in travel time to everything because the World is so big. DH and I really never take a car and we just build travel time in as an adventure.

That sounds great and super complicated!! :magnify: i have to search more !
(what does DH means?)

I feel like many New Yorkers eat dinner later than most people elsewhere in the US. I'm accustomed to 8:30/9 when I'm at home and have planned the ADRs for my upcoming trip accordingly. I can't imagine eating dinner at 5 at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter