AT&T Activation Fees

SueInBoston

DIS Veteran
Anyone had any luck getting AT&T to waive the activation fee?
I'm looking to move the family plan over, it'll be 2 ipones and 3 additional lines (5 in total) Iphone is $36 each and regular line is $26 each. That's $150 just for activation :eek:

Wondering if I should ask to see if they do any discount on activation fee.

TIA

Do you qualify for a company discount via work? I think my activation fee was waived in that manner.

When you say you are moving your family plan, what/where are you moving from? If you are starting new with ATT to get the iphones, they probably won't or reduce the fees.

If you have a Costco membership, they have an ATT store on their website. I was able to get activation waived for both of my phones through the Costco site. I also got free accessories.

I'm moving our family plan from Verizon to AT&T. I've been wanting an Iphone forever and decide to make the switch.
AT&T does give a discount to my husband's company but nothing for activation.
I'm a costco member, I'll go and check there. But I wonder if I'll get husband's corp discount on top of the costco discount? guess I'll have to go and check.

Thanks!!

Try Radio Shack. Not only did I get my phone MUCH cheaper there than the AT&T store, but I also did not have to pay any activation fees.

It never hurts to check!

If you are a teacher, you will get your activation fees waived. I am a teacher in NJ and I heard about this discount while waiting in line. Another customer told the ATT rep that he was a teacher and he was looking for the discount. So as the rep is ringing me up I ask about it, produce some ID and paystub and there it was..

No activation fees and 20% off.

Thanks for bringing this up... I totally forgot about it when I ordered a new phone and they charge me the activation fee. Another 18$ off my bill.. woo hoo.

And can you have 5 lines on one account?? I thought the limit was 4 lines.

Anyone had any luck getting AT&T to waive the activation fee?
I'm looking to move the family plan over, it'll be 2 ipones and 3 additional lines (5 in total) Iphone is $36 each and regular line is $26 each. That's $150 just for activation :eek:

Wondering if I should ask to see if they do any discount on activation fee.

TIA

Yes, we switched phone services to AT&T and they waived the activation fee for 5 phones just by my asking.

Just a follow up...

AT&T waived activation fees for all 5 lines :thumbsup2 plus they matched verizon's corp discount (current AT&T discount for DH's employer is 15%, but our plan with Verizon was and really old plan with 20% and AT&T matched it :thumbsup2)

Just a follow up...

AT&T waived activation fees for all 5 lines :thumbsup2 plus they matched verizon's corp discount (current AT&T discount for DH's employer is 15%, but our plan with Verizon was and really old plan with 20% and AT&T matched it :thumbsup2)

Did you go through Costco?

Just be careful to watch your first bill if you are promised waiver of the activation fee. I bought my phone in an AT&T store and repeatedly asked the salesman whether there were any activation fees or other such start up fees (I was purchasing a cell/home phone/internet bundle). He repeatedly told me no. Lo and behold -- an activation fee appeared on my first bill. After prolonged telephone conversations with the store representative and an AT&T customer service person, it finally was removed.

Dh and I got new phones (been with at&t for years though, not new customers) and I called when the bill came in with the activation fees and just asked them if they would consider waiving those fees since we were long time customers.
Immediately said yes and took those fees off our bill. Yeah!

Thanks for bringing this up... I totally forgot about it when I ordered a new phone and they charge me the activation fee. Another 18$ off my bill.. woo hoo.

And can you have 5 lines on one account?? I thought the limit was 4 lines.

Yes you can have 5 lines. Its your initial line plus 4 others. I know this because we currently have dh as the main line then there are 3 others currently and we will use the 4th once we feel that dd is old enough for her own phone

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter