At Least We Are All Tall Enough For Barnstormer! A June 2017 PTR...updated 6/1

Congrats on getting to double digits! It's so real as FP day approaches.

Your planner is so cute! I love all the sayings! I'm a paper person too. I like having a hard copy in the parks, just in case...

Sorry the new breakfast sounds like it's not working. I'm sure it's gonna be cute, but maybe more trouble than it's worth, especially if the boys revolt! Lol!

Have you ever looked into the Harambe Market Place at AK? It's a grouping of QS windows with different foods. Some of the same stuff, but some more exotic stuff too. I've never been but I want to try it out so bad! There's a review video on the DIS, if you're interested.

Have you ever looked into the Harambe Market Place at AK? It's a grouping of QS windows with different foods. Some of the same stuff, but some more exotic stuff too. I've never been but I want to try it out so bad! There's a review video on the DIS, if you're interested.
I think I looked at the menu and didn't think we'd all like it, but I'll check again, just in case. Thanks!

I will be going June 2nd- 8th with DH, SIL, DNiece,DNephew, MIL, and FIL. All of our previous trips were just DH and I, it will be their first trip. I'm kind of nervous going during June, with the heat and crowds. Also everyone wanting to do different things and having different opinions. Our ADR's are O'hana, 50's Prime Time, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Biergarten, and Liberty Tree Tavern dinners.

I will be going June 2nd- 8th with DH, SIL, DNiece,DNephew, MIL, and FIL. All of our previous trips were just DH and I, it will be their first trip. I'm kind of nervous going during June, with the heat and crowds. Also everyone wanting to do different things and having different opinions. Our ADR's are O'hana, 50's Prime Time, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Biergarten, and Liberty Tree Tavern dinners.
That is quite a few folks. Hopefully it will all work out as far as plans together and plans apart! The heat is rough but there are tricks to avoid the hottest part of the day (midday breaks, long midday TS, longer inside attractions/shows).

ADRs sound great! O'hana breakfast or dinner? When is your WCC meal? We will be there the 6th.

It is so cute and very functional, especially for those of us that still like to write stuff down. Its also very thin, so it will fit in my park bag, no problem. I got it from Limelife planners, I think, for anyone looking for something similar. They have several photos there that show the different planning pages inside. I used to get a Passporter Guide Book/Journal for every trip but I honestly don't need the guide book stuff anymore, so it was kind of a waste. I liked the worksheet/journal parts and the pages that you can take out of the journal to keep receipts in, put your park plans on and any notes, etc, but I like having everything all in one place in this planner better.

Love that new planner!! I also have always bought a Passporter, but I don't really need all that information any more, I just really like the pages to record everything you did each day, favorite memories, etc. And their maps are pretty good. So I was already thinking that I shouldn't buy it again for future trips. Glad to see another option!

Love that new planner!! I also have always bought a Passporter, but I don't really need all that information any more, I just really like the pages to record everything you did each day, favorite memories, etc. And their maps are pretty good. So I was already thinking that I shouldn't buy it again for future trips. Glad to see another option!
Yes, I like it a lot. I got the idea from someone else and they had a code for $10 off but I never got a code....or I would pass it along. :(

Trip Money is Here!!! and a Stroller Rental Question...

Okay, so not too much of an update except to say that my tax money came in!! So I paid my friend for the DVC points she is renting and I paid my savings back for the tickets I bought us in July....which, btw, did we save a whole lot on, or what??? I got them from Parksavers in a Buy 4, Get 3 free promotion. So they are 7 day hoppers that I paid 389.46 (adult) and 370.09 (child) each for. I don't even know what they are now, but I think I saved us quite a bit. Yay me!

I still need to figure out our meal costs but I think I am going to buy at least an $1000 discounted Disney gift card from BJs....because I can do it online and do it with my Disney VISA and get the points. I'm certain we will spend more than $1000 on food....so I could probably get another $500 card and be good. We may go over that as far as spending money (most likely, actually) but I don't want to tie up too much in gift cards.

In any case, the trip is basically paid for in a roundabout way! Wahoo!

Oh, and my stroller question...

We are renting a double stroller from Orlando Stroller Rental. They are an approved Disney company and I used them last year with no issues. Most people use Kingdom but OSR is fairly comparable and I'd rather use the one that is just a tad bit less popular because then maybe the strollers aren' used as much?? I'm probably wrong, but it makes sense in my mind, so we will go with it. Basically they charge $70 for 4-7 nights and $90 for 8-10 nights. Last year we rented for 7 because we were there for 7, but this year we are there for 8. So, its $21 more dollars with tax. I suppose $20 is a drop in the bucket but I was trying to see if we could get away with just 7 nights to save the $21. The best would be if we could have it picked up on the Saturday before we leave on the Sunday, bc we don't really need it Sunday. However, the latest they pick up is 5pm and we will need it at DHS Saturday night. Arrival night we are headed to DS and its almost a necessity there. If we decided to forgo it on that night, though, we couldn't get it delivered until 7am at the earliest on Sunday and we want to hit MK for rope drop...so I'd hate to risk it being late.

So basically, I think we will have to rent for 8 days and just pay the extra $21...but I figured I would pose the question here to see what everyone else thought?

Alright, other than that I haven't done too much in the way of progress on touring plans or finishing the food budget. Guys, I have just been exhausted by the time I get my kiddos in bed at night and I used to have some free time at work...but not really lately. So who knows when I will get it done. This afternoon I have to run around to an interview at a new school possibly for next year, get a haircut, grab some dinner, then we have literacy night at school til 8pm. Tomorrow is Will's 3rd birthday...how is that even possible???...and Sunday is his party at Chuck E Cheese. DH is out of town Saturday and comes home Sunday right before the party. Will has his well check up Monday - which, I was just there Tuesday because he is sick with an ear infection. Some big wigs are coming to our school on Tuesday to re-certify our district. Ugh. I need Spring Break to get here! But then I need to do my Fast Passes so I better get all this other stuff done first, right???

Sorry, just a little stressed right now! Thanks for reading my venting!

93 days!!

Up next: Initial Touring Plans: Monday, June 5 - Epcot Half Day

Last edited:
Two updates in one day!!

Initial Touring Plans: Monday, June 5 - Epcot Half Day

Well I got back from running around a little earlier than expected so I worked on my half day Epcot plans for Monday, June 5th. We will be doing DHS that evening, hoping for the Star Wars dessert party. We also have another full day in Epcot. But because this was a half day with a TS booked at Garden Grill it didn't take too long to get it figured out. Here's the plans:
EP 6-5 FP.png
I am planning to book Test Track for me and Soarin for Chad and AJ, because we can get a Rider Swap pass for both because Will is too short. Which, btw, poor Will. He gets screwed here. At Test Track, I can take him to the little interactive play area at the exit of the ride and he will love that because he loves Cars...but not sure about what to do with him while we take turns riding Soarin. Any ideas???
Here's the actual touring plans:
EP 6-5 Part 1.png
EP 6-5 Part 2.png
Yes, we are skipping stuff but we will hit it on your other Epcot Day. This was all I could fit in before our midday break around 1pm.
Here's the map:
EP 6-5 Map.png
We are criss-crossing a bit at the end but we have to do TT and Soarin on the same day because we are splitting those FP and we will do Frozen for all of us on our other Epcot Day.

So there ya have it for Day 2 AM of park touring. Not much to comment on but if you have any insight or advice...feel free!

Up next: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Last edited:
I'm late, but I'm here! I've enjoyed getting caught up. We're going to miss you by a few days. After going back and forth on several trip plans we're now going for a surprise graduation trip. Danielle graduates May 16 and we're gong on the 20th until the 28th. Yes we're crazy and we're gong to be at Animal Kingdom for the opening day of Pandora.

I can't wait to see how many rope drops you make!

Congrats on getting the trip paid for already!!!!! Sadly I always do it after the fact and not before, one of these days I'm gonna learn to do it right :-)

I think on the strollers you're just going to have to pay the extra $20 or see if the other company uses the same pricing structure. Maybe they would be cheaper? I think Kingdom is the one we used to use, but for the life of me I can't remember. But we never had any problems or issues with the strollers.

In any case, the trip is basically paid for in a roundabout way! Wahoo!
Nice!

This afternoon I have to run around to an interview at a new school possibly for next year,
How did it go?

Sunday is his party at Chuck E Cheese
Have a great time tomorrow!

but not sure about what to do with him while we take turns riding Soarin.
:scratchin The only thing I can think of is one of you take him on LWTL? That would give him something to do one time. Really can't think of anything else unless you got him a snack at Sunshine Seasons or took him over to Figment. That might mean whoever rides Soarin' while the other is at Figment ends up waiting, though...........

Ok, guys, I've had a crazy weekend. I'm off tomorrow to take Will to his 3 year appt so I'll be honest, I've had several glasses of wine. If any of my responses my sense, I'll consider that a win!

I'm late, but I'm here! I've enjoyed getting caught up. We're going to miss you by a few days. After going back and forth on several trip plans we're now going for a surprise graduation trip. Danielle graduates May 16 and we're gong on the 20th until the 28th. Yes we're crazy and we're gong to be at Animal Kingdom for the opening day of Pandora.

I can't wait to see how many rope drops you make!
I'm glad you guys are back to earlier dates but boo hoo that we will just miss each other. It seems I am just missing several DIS friends!

Congrats on getting the trip paid for already!!!!! Sadly I always do it after the fact and not before, one of these days I'm gonna learn to do it right :-)

I think on the strollers you're just going to have to pay the extra $20 or see if the other company uses the same pricing structure. Maybe they would be cheaper? I think Kingdom is the one we used to use, but for the life of me I can't remember. But we never had any problems or issues with the strollers.

Lol on the trip payment thing. As long as it gets paid for eventually, right?? :) Thank you for the stroller advice. I agree. I think we just have to suck it up. I did look at kingdom and they are pretty much exactly the same!

Nice!

How did it go?

Have a great time tomorrow!

:scratchin The only thing I can think of is one of you take him on LWTL? That would give him something to do one time. Really can't think of anything else unless you got him a snack at Sunshine Seasons or took him over to Figment. That might mean whoever rides Soarin' while the other is at Figment ends up waiting, though...........
Eh, interview was more of a pre screening than anything else. We'll see if I hear back. If not, it's ok, I'll still be where I am.

Party was great!

We will be doing LWTL after breakfast and Figment first thing, but maybe we can do a second trip. Or he can play at ImageWorks longer. Is that even around? Is there much to it?

Oh...and I got DH crunching numbers for DVC before I even got him to Disney. I'd consider that a victory. Though h'ed rather just move to FL in the next few years. The plan is when I retire but he apparently wants to go sooner.

As we are now leaving Florida, DH wants to discuss DVC purchases. MEN!

Congrats on paying off the trip! Our trip is almost paid off. That's great your DH is interested on DVC! I'm trying to convince DH that DVC is a great value! Lol He doesn't seem too interested in it.

Well, I don't think I have to worry about Will and 7DMT. At his 3 year appt yesterday, he was 36 inches tall. He'll never gain 2 inches before our trip. So the title of this TR is actually accurate! :)

Yup it's around! It's cute, they have a few things to do and he'll probably enjoy it :)
I forgot I have to "show" Will to get the Child Swap, so maybe I will just take him on LwtL. But we are going all together after breakfast, so we'll see. I'll maybe just bring him some crayons and coloring sheets.

Congrats on paying off the trip! Our trip is almost paid off. That's great your DH is interested on DVC! I'm trying to convince DH that DVC is a great value! Lol He doesn't seem too interested in it.
Well this is such a small initial step. But at least I have his attention!

I am a little late responding... I can't keep up!

Okay, so not too much of an update except to say that my tax money came in!!
So Awesome! DH just dropped all of our info off to our accountant. Here's hoping for a good refund again this year.

I think I am going to buy at least an $1000 discounted Disney gift card from BJs....because I can do it online and do it with my Disney VISA and get the points. I'm certain we will spend more than $1000 on food....so I could probably get another $500 card and be good.
How much are the cards discounted? We have a membership and could do that. But I thought it wasn't really a big discount.... Maybe I was wrong.

So basically, I think we will have to rent for 8 days and just pay the extra $21...but I figured I would pose the question here to see what everyone else thought?
Look at it this way, If you played it by ear and ended up needing one and rented one in the part, those are like $0 or $50 for one day.

Guys, I have just been exhausted by the time I get my kiddos in bed at night
OMG! That is me EVERY night! I totally understand.

We are criss-crossing a bit at the end but we have to do TT and Soarin on the same day because we are splitting those FP and we will do Frozen for all of us on our other Epcot Day.
I don't think it is that criss crossing. I think it works.

but not sure about what to do with him while we take turns riding Soarin. Any ideas???
You could take him over to The Nemo and Friends ride. It isn't too far away. It is out of the building but not too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter