Asking for another resort at check in

donnaf516

DIS Veteran
Not looking for a free upgrade but I guess a paid one.

We've always stayed at moderates but this year had some things happen that took away from our normal vacation budget. Right now we're booked at Sports but I may be able to come up with the difference in price and be able to pay for a moderate by the time we get there. The thing is we are booked on a bounce back and of course I wouldn't want to lose our dining.

Anyone every try this?

You will lose it unless 1. The bounce-back offer also applies to the new resort. 2. The offer hasn't expired and 3. there are rooms available for your dates at the new resort.

They aren't going to provide any booking magic at the front desk. You should try to take care of this with customer services before you leave. There may be other offers they can use to give you a discounted rate at the new resort.

I did this several years ago but I was booked on a package discount and not a bounceback. I checked into the Beach Club and hated it. I went back to the front desk and asked if I could be moved to the Poly. They checked that the Poly was part of the original package deal and called over to the Poly to verify space. It was a quick maybe 15 minutes spent at the front desk. Good luck!

I've done this once. We had a room at the Boardwalk booked with the Bounceback Offer and I wanted to switch to the Beach Club (we had friends that we were traveling with who were staying there and wanted to be able to swim together.) I must have called every day for months seeing if a room would open up, but it never did. I didn't expect any magic, but when we dropped our friends off at Beach Club to check in, I went to the front desk and explained the situation and asked if they happened to have any rooms available. As it turns out, they had several different room types open and they even allowed me to keep the bounceback rate, which was very nice and unexpected. I guess my point is, don't count on it, but it never hurts to ask.

If I were you, I would call Disney as soon as you think you have the money in your budget available and just ask if there are any moderate rooms available under the bouceback offer that you have now. If they say no, call back a few days later and see if you have any luck and so on. If all else fail, I would just get psyched for where you are currently booked versus feeling negative about it just to get in a positive mental state of mind.

Your best bet is to call 407-939-1923, the Bounce Back number before you begin your travel or as soon as you know if you have more funds available. This will be your best chance.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter