Asked to test MyMagic+ during BLT stay 7/24

ddhoeg

Mouseketeer
We received an email and phone call yesterday and then a UPS letter this morning asking us to participate in a test run of MyMagic+ during our upcoming BLT stay starting July 24th. Went online and selected Fastpass times and customized wrist bands for our party to be picked up at the resort. Anyone else participating in this test?

Please let us know what you think after you do this! This would be hard for us because we never really know what resort we will be at until the evening before at best!

I would love to be chosen to participate for our Nov trip! Wish we can volunteer.

This will be great! There won't be any drawbacks or limitations for a test run. Keep us posted! Have fun.

We received an email and phone call yesterday and then a UPS letter this morning asking us to participate in a test run of MyMagic+ during our upcoming BLT stay starting July 24th. Went online and selected Fastpass times and customized wrist bands for our party to be picked up at the resort. Anyone else participating in this test?

Sounds exciting- do you mind if I ask a question? Do you already have your tickets or Annual Passes? I ask only because we will be buying ours when we get there (military discount tix) so I am trying to tell my DH that we can't be selected to test the new system. TIA

This will be great! There won't be any drawbacks or limitations for a test run. Keep us posted! Have fun.

Thanks Barry! What kinds of drawbacks or limitations are you thinking of specifically? I am hoping that testing doesn't interfere with our usual touring methods.

Can you answer any of these questions I have? I talked to MS twice today and they weren't completely sure since the kinks are still being worked out and this is a test period with both types of fp still working. I received conflicting information and am not sure what is correct. I guess we will figure it out as we go!!

1. Will we still be able to get fp at the machines using our paper tickets? One CM said no and one CM said yes.

2. Do we have to go through the paper ticket turnstile to activate our paper tickets? Usually if the ticket doesn't go through the admission process it isn't active and fp can't be issued for that ticket. I'm wondering the same thing for the magicband admission process. It sounds crazy but would we have to enter with bands, exit, and reenter with paper tickets to have both activated and available for fp?

3. Could we go with paper tickets in the morning using regular fp machines and then use bands in the evening with reserved times during this test time frame? CM seemed to think this would work.

I actually just noticed today that the FastPass+ links are already available on MDE. I can click thru it, I see "Manage MagicBands & Cards" link, but only my cards show. I can also see "Select FastPass+ Selection" but its really not letting me do anything... :(

I can eventually go to FastPass+ Selection page, but I always get this message
We're Sorry!

The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window.

So I guess I can't do anything until they flag me as a test participant :(

Sounds exciting- do you mind if I ask a question? Do you already have your tickets or Annual Passes? I ask only because we will be buying ours when we get there (military discount tix) so I am trying to tell my DH that we can't be selected to test the new system. TIA

CM said guests for this test were specifically staying at BLT with check in dates of July 22, 23, or 24th (I think those were the dates but not absolutely sure). CM said selection for the test was tied to check in date and resort and not whether tickets had been purchased. The CM said you didn't have to have tickets to be asked to participate in the test, but that you did have to have tickets registered at MDE to link to the system and actually make it work. I'm not sure what would happen if you didn't have them until arrival. Perhaps you could enter them at that time, link, and then participate?

Our situation was kind of strange in that our annual passes actually expired today. I had previously registered them on the My Disney Experience page and was able to use those passes to link in to the MyMagic+ system. I will be renewing my APs when I get to WDW and the CM said once we renew our APs just go to guest services or the concierge and they should be able to transfer the renewed AP to the bands. This allowed us to go ahead and reserve fp times now and to customize our wristbands with colors and lettering. We will see how smoothly that process actually works;)

Not sure if I'm excited and it will be great or whether we are in for a huge headache:)

Thanks Barry! What kinds of drawbacks or limitations are you thinking of specifically? I am hoping that testing doesn't interfere with our usual touring methods.

Can you answer any of these questions I have? I talked to MS twice today and they weren't completely sure since the kinks are still being worked out and this is a test period with both types of fp still working. I received conflicting information and am not sure what is correct. I guess we will figure it out as we go!!

1. Will we still be able to get fp at the machines using our paper tickets? One CM said no and one CM said yes.

2. Do we have to go through the paper ticket turnstile to activate our paper tickets? Usually if the ticket doesn't go through the admission process it isn't active and fp can't be issued for that ticket. I'm wondering the same thing for the magicband admission process. It sounds crazy but would we have to enter with bands, exit, and reenter with paper tickets to have both activated and available for fp?

3. Could we go with paper tickets in the morning using regular fp machines and then use bands in the evening with reserved times during this test time frame? CM seemed to think this would work.
You are sounding like a non-traditional multi-ticket person. That is a way to get more fastpasses, but yes I believe any ticket must be activated before getting a FP.

FWIW, at the beginning of the month, my normal park hoppers I picked up at will call were issued on green plastic RFID cards. I entered at the new "Tap" entrances, and used those tickets to get normal FP in the machines.
In EPCOT, you have to use a new "tap" entrance, they don't have any old card readers.
The other parks had both types of entrances, though.

I read somewhere (sorry I can't remember the source) that participants could still use the paper tickets for traditional FP, but that Disney isn't encouraging it or sharing the information so that they could get a better test sample. Not sure how accurate that information is, but if I were testing, I'd sure try it out!

Here is what I am thinking:

BEST Scenario: You will be among a 1000 or so testers (that was the number in the last test), no one else will have access to the FP+ so 100% of the inventory will be available to you. You will have access to FP for Enchanted Tales with Belle (no one else will). You will get to pre-book 4 FP a day and change throughout the day. And all the other tests allowed testers to pull regular FP all day too. There would be NO drawbacks and 100% awesome.

OK Scenario: 4 FP+ / NO regular FP. This would be ok for this test (not ideal), but there would be no competition for the FP+ slots. So you could still get up in the morning log into the computer/phone and choose the perfect times for rides. That would be great for Hollywood Studios. -- Four FP+ is probably enough for DAK, Epcot, and DHS. The big drawback for this option (and could be a deal breaker for my teenagers) would be the stipulation that you can't schedule multiple FP for the same ride. In Epcot Soarin - TT then what for the other 2? My kids would prefer Tower of Terror, TSMM, RocknRoller Coaster, RocknRoller Coaster.

I could still live with the OK Scenario, because FP+ availability will be in abundance each day.

The problem will be when 125,000 people a day are all fighting for the limited passes and they started 60 days in advance.

IF you get schedule 4 FP+ and still get to pull FP - you WILL have a MAGICAL stay. A once in a lifetime opportunity.

IF you only get 4 FP+ a day and no regular FP and you can't book the same ride multiple times. Ehhh - I might actually pass on that deal.

Of course my family would probably choose yes - just to try the magic bands. :) I can't really figure that out though.

I wish both of the CM gave you the same response. Every other test so far allowed FP+ and FP in the same day.

I would love to know more. I am bringing 11 people to Kidani in October, I don't want to walk into that blind, they are trusting me and they have spent thousands of dollars because of me. :goodvibes

Not sure if I'm excited and it will be great or whether we are in for a huge headache:)

I don't think it will be a headache (unless of course if the app doesn't work), but it will be a little different from previous trips. It would be fun to schedule those headliners.

You won't have competition in scheduling that will make it a unique experience.

Rumors say that you might even be able to double schedule the headliners for the test.

We were asked too. Arriving at BLT on July 23rd.

We check in to BLT on July 23 and also received an email, phone call, and letter in mail. I have been on the phone with Disney many times over the past two days. Here is what I got...

1. We have annual passes but only the will call numbers. On Monday I need to call ticketing directly and obtain a 12 digit code that will allow me to link my AP to my resort reservation. From that point be we be able to customize bands. The tricky part was that we have a 15 night reservation using my points and my parents points. The reservations are linked so we don't switch rooms but my parents had to get on the phone to confirm so they could set up something with IT.

2. I was told we could not use regular fast passes but we would get the band and hard ticket because they were unsure how long the batteries will last.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoard

We check in to BLT on July 23 and also received an email, phone call, and letter in mail. I have been on the phone with Disney many times over the past two days. Here is what I got...

1. We have annual passes but only the will call numbers. On Monday I need to call ticketing directly and obtain a 12 digit code that will allow me to link my AP to my resort reservation. From that point be we be able to customize bands. The tricky part was that we have a 15 night reservation using my points and my parents points. The reservations are linked so we don't switch rooms but my parents had to get on the phone to confirm so they could set up something with IT.

2. I was told we could not use regular fast passes but we would get the band and hard ticket because they were unsure how long the batteries will last.

Not sure how long the batteries will last is interesting. If you have a hard ticket, I wonder if they can somehow deactivate it for the regular FP. Otherwise what stops you from grabbing more?

I really want to know if you automatically get your DVC discounts without asking or annual pass now that they are connected to the magic bands.

Not sure how long the batteries will last is interesting. If you have a hard ticket, I wonder if they can somehow deactivate it for the regular FP. Otherwise what stops you from grabbing more?

I really want to know if you automatically get your DVC discounts without asking or annual pass now that they are connected to the magic bands.

I was told that the hard ticket was being given as a back-up for batteries and/or to cover any problems with the bands so we are not "inconvenienced" by heading to guest relations should the bands not work....so I am guessing they are active hard tickets.

I was also told that even though I am getting a code to link our AP and reservation, they would not be activated until I enter a park.

I am nervous that this new program will take away spontaneous decisions while on vacation. I don't like change, BUT we are jumping in head first to try it out!

I was told that the hard ticket was being given as a back-up for batteries and/or to cover any problems with the bands so we are not "inconvenienced" by heading to guest relations should the bands not work....so I am guessing they are active hard tickets.

I was also told that even though I am getting a code to link our AP and reservation, they would not be activated until I enter a park.

I am nervous that this new program will take away spontaneous decisions while on vacation. I don't like change, BUT we are jumping in head first to try it out!

I understand your nervousness. These vacations are expensive, it is scary to gamble on something unproven. It is a test though, I think there will be wiggle room, and it will work out well for you.

I don't think it will be a headache (unless of course if the app doesn't work), but it will be a little different from previous trips. It would be fun to schedule those headliners.

You won't have competition in scheduling that will make it a unique experience.

Rumors say that you might even be able to double schedule the headliners for the test.

We were part of a test and I was so excited and then nothing worked. I was then told to see concierge at my resort who said no go to city hall. Long line. Long time. But in the end Disney made it right and it was soooo worth the initial hassle. Wish I'd get that lucky again this year:)))

I'm sure if you were testing for them, and something didn't work out to your satisfaction, they would more than accommodate you. You're testing for them!! KWIM?

Batteries I read somewhere last about 3 years.

I hope I get to test when I go in October or December. That would be AWESOME!!

I'm staying at BLT from 21-23, but received no notification. :sad1:

Would have loved to test FP+. Oh well....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!