Asked to test MyMagic+ during BLT stay 7/24

@bcrook, Do you know, once mymagic+ is fully implemented, how the ap magicband distribution will work? For example, those who buy their ap at the ticket booths in the park, will they just recieve the standard grey magicband, or will they have the option of customization?

I am hoping we can do this in December for our Christmas trip at AKV. In anticipation, I already had our APs linked to MDE.

IF you get schedule 4 FP+ and still get to pull FP - you WILL have a MAGICAL stay. A once in a lifetime opportunity.

IF you only get 4 FP+ a day and no regular FP and you can't book the same ride multiple times. Ehhh - I might actually pass on that deal.

Of course my family would probably choose yes - just to try the magic bands. :) I can't really figure that out though.

Thanks Barry! This was exactly our reasoning on not being sure this was a good thing.

I can verify that when I went online to select fp attractions and rides, I was not allowed to book the same attraction twice (once I selected an attraction it was no longer an available option) and that we were only given 3 selections per day not 4.

My family thought the bracelets were cool though. We had a choice of several colors and up to 9 characters to customize it. I ended up with something like DVCJUNKIE on mine which was kind of fun.

I will also be interested to see if AP/DVC discounts are automatically applied on purchases. Will keep everyone posted:)

Thanks Barry! This was exactly our reasoning on not being sure this was a good thing.

I can verify that when I went online to select fp attractions and rides, I was not allowed to book the same attraction twice (once I selected an attraction it was no longer an available option) and that we were only given 3 selections per day not 4.

My family thought the bracelets were cool though. We had a choice of several colors and up to 9 characters to customize it. I ended up with something like DVCJUNKIE on mine which was kind of fun.

I will also be interested to see if AP/DVC discounts are automatically applied on purchases. Will keep everyone posted:)

Well, that three number is interesting. You still might be able change a FP+ selection for a repeat ride once you are in the park. That is a big MAYBE! I am looking forward to your updates.

@bcrook, Do you know, once mymagic+ is fully implemented, how the ap magicband distribution will work? For example, those who buy their ap at the ticket booths in the park, will they just recieve the standard grey magicband, or will they have the option of customization?

There isn't much information about APs yet. But ddhoeg is using AP and got to order different style magic bands. Info is in this thread.

But, if you wait until the day of your visit, FP+ selections will be considerably depleted once this whole thing is up and running. People will start booking 60 days in advance.

You are sounding like a non-traditional multi-ticket person. That is a way to get more fastpasses, but yes I believe any ticket must be activated before getting a FP.

FWIW, at the beginning of the month, my normal park hoppers I picked up at will call were issued on green plastic RFID cards. I entered at the new "Tap" entrances, and used those tickets to get normal FP in the machines.
In EPCOT, you have to use a new "tap" entrance, they don't have any old card readers.
The other parks had both types of entrances, though.

Thanks for the info on this. We will be meeting up with family who have paper APs that don't expire until December. Will they have to convert their paper tickets to something else before entry into EPCOT?

Thanks for the info on this. We will be meeting up with family who have paper APs that don't expire until December. Will they have to convert their paper tickets to something else before entry into EPCOT?

I'm guessing they will have to stop by Guest Relations to get an RFID enabled pass (either a sticker or reissued on a new card)
From March-May they had an exchange setup in the Oddessy pavilion in EPCOT.

They might want to ask at another park rather than wait for the EPCOT entrance.

I'm guessing they will have to stop by Guest Relations to get an RFID enabled pass (either a sticker or reissued on a new card)
From March-May they had an exchange setup in the Oddessy pavilion in EPCOT.

They might want to ask at another park rather than wait for the EPCOT entrance.

No stickers, that was from a test a long time ago. A new ticket media is RFID cards. Any Park Ticket window or Guest Relations location can exchange the tyvek pass for an RFID pass.

At Epcot, there should still be traditional turnstiles to the far left past the construction in the middle area. The RFID touch points are to the right.

Thanks so much to everyone for their help and information in this thread!!

Barry and others - What do you think about this scenario?

My BLT stay is only for 2 nights/3 days which are July 24-26. When I went online for fp selection I had a range of 5 days running the 24th-28th. The system allowed me to select 3 fp per day for 4 of the 5 days. After that the system said we had reached capacity.

My big question is will the fp selections made after my check out date automatically expire on midnight like my room keys/dining plan/charging privileges do? Or since CM said I would continue to use the magicband as my AP for the next year will the fp selections stay valid? We are moving to BCV after BLT so we will be there to try it out.

We may just have to try it and see but am interested in your opinions.

Thanks so much to everyone for their help and information in this thread!!

Barry and others - What do you think about this scenario?

My BLT stay is only for 2 nights/3 days which are July 24-26. When I went online for fp selection I had a range of 5 days running the 24th-28th. The system allowed me to select 3 fp per day for 4 of the 5 days. After that the system said we had reached capacity.

My big question is will the fp selections made after my check out date automatically expire on midnight like my room keys/dining plan/charging privileges do? Or since CM said I would continue to use the magicband as my AP for the next year will the fp selections stay valid? We are moving to BCV after BLT so we will be there to try it out.

We may just have to try it and see but am interested in your opinions.

Everything I've read says FP+ is tied to theme park admission. That would lead me to believe that any FP+ selections would still be valid past midnight of your check-out date.

So just to give an update were we stand with the trial starting on July 23rd....between Friday and Monday I was on the phone with Disney 5 times about the test. None of my confirmations numbers would work. On Monday I had 2 1.5 to 2 hour conversations with people from IT, ticketing, DVC, and My MagicPlus. In the end everything worked out fine and I was able to customize my magic bands. I am now best friends with the 6 My MagicPlus people who help guests doing the trial.

However, they cancelled my reservation twice and rebooked it in order to get a confirmation number that would actually link in MDE. In the process of rebooking the reservation the name was changed from me to my mothers, who we have a linked reservation to. (My points the first 5 nights, her points the next 10 nights). But by doing that I was not able to customize everyones magic bands and neither could my mother because of an IT issue. Then they cancelled, rebooked again and finally success with linking under MDE, but still listing it as my mothers reservation. Oh well...as long as it is there with all my requests for rooms.

Although we have customized bands we can not book any fast pass+ because we only have PAP voucher numbers. Apparently ticketing will not give out a code. This was a 2 hour phone call with a lot of time on hold while they worked it out. I have been assured there will be plenty of times available when after I activate my PAP. I am only okay with this because it is in trial and not many people are doing it but if it was fully up and running I would be worried about not being able to book any fastpasses.

Just thought I'd post this since I know a lot of DVCers are AP holders.

If you are an AP holder and have an exchange certificate (green cards that say "Exchange Certificate") for renewal or or you have received an exchange certificate for a new AP, you CANNOT link your tickets to My Disney Experience until you exchange them for a real ticket at one of the ticket booths. Therefore you are not eligible for FP+ if you don't have a valid ticket.

When I asked what I could do she asked if I had been invited to a test. I said no, but we are going in November and I was worried about getting signed up. She said as of now the answer is we cannot link certificates and that it's not set in stone that FP+ will be up and running this year. I said "OK, we'll wait and see". As Rex would say, "I got a bad feeling about this".

Everything I've read says FP+ is tied to theme park admission. That would lead me to believe that any FP+ selections would still be valid past midnight of your check-out date.

This what I would guess too.

So sorry Belle's Castle. I hope your time and frustration will somehow be worth it in the end. Have a great trip and maybe we will see each other at BLT.

So sorry Belle's Castle. I hope your time and frustration will somehow be worth it in the end. Have a great trip and maybe we will see each other at BLT.

I am keeping an open mind. most people i talked to were very polite. We leave in 30 hours!!!! I can honestly as "I'm toooooo excited to sleep!"

What I am trying to decide is whether we stick to original plan of checking in and swimming till room is ready or running to MK with 7 people activating annual passes and start booking our fastpasses.

Maybe we will see you pool side...I will be the one with a frozen drink!!

I am keeping an open mind. most people i talked to were very polite. We leave in 30 hours!!!! I can honestly as "I'm toooooo excited to sleep!"

What I am trying to decide is whether we stick to original plan of checking in and swimming till room is ready or running to MK with 7 people activating annual passes and start booking our fastpasses.

Maybe we will see you pool side...I will be the one with a frozen drink!!

Pooh has reached the end of the ticker! Have a great time.

There is no way I could wait, I would run over get my passes and then head back to the pool, and choose FPs while enjoying the frozen drinks.

We are going in November and we have paper tix bought through UT. We are also doing a split stay for the first time. In the past I always had our tix added to our room cards to make things easier. This trip I was not going to do that because of the split stay. BUT, if we do end up with magic bands I guess that would work. Honestly, I am confused by the whole thing and trying not to even think about it until I absolutely have to. We are also bringing friends who are looking to me for advice for everything about the trip. So, if there is a choice I probably won't do it, but if they are up and running and we don't have a choice- I am hoping to find out a lot more about here before we go!

Thanks for testing, Belle's Castle! You're making it a better service for all of us, and it's very much appreciated! Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter