Artistry in Action! February 2023 Exercise Challenge

Elizabeth Smith

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the February 2023 exercise thread! Right now, Epcot is celebrating the Festival of the Arts (until February 20th, anyway), so we're going to take inspiration from this imaginative season to fuel our exercise this month!

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since February has 28 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 420
20 minutes/day = 560
30 minutes/day = 840
45 minutes/day = 1260
1 hour/day = 1680

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Brushstroke Blue
25% - Photo Op Orange
50% - Performance Purple
75% - Passport Pink
90% - Rich Red
100% - Gallery Green

We’re officially starting this challenge at the beginning of February, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
Elizabeth Smith - 710/700
PollyannaMom - 500/500
Oneanne - 845/840
sophy1996 - 1535/1500
Twilight Sparkle 2020/2000

piglet1979 660/1260

TEAM -6270/6800

Last edited:

+200 for a busy, busy day at Disneyland Park. We were there for rope drop. DH worked from SWGE while I went all over the park. We had lunch, Went back to the hotel for DH to continue working, then back to the parks at 5. We were successful at the 1 pm virtual queue for MMRR, but our group wasn’t called until 10:30 pm so we didn’t get back to the hotel until close to midnight!

440/1500

I'm back from a quick trip to San Antonio and ready to host properly! We drove to San Antonio on Thursday and got in late at night. Yesterday, we spent time at various parks, museums, and the Riverwalk and I got over 15,000 steps in, but I'm going to go with my watch's register of "exercise" and give myself 55 minutes for yesterday. This morning we walked to breakfast and spent some time at the Alamo before driving back home. I'll grant myself 10 minutes for that.

Congrats to sophy1996 for reaching Photo Op Orange and to the TEAM for reaching Brushstroke Blue!

Since sophy1996 hit Photo Op Orange, let's look at some of the photo ops around the World Showcase. These photo ops allow you to step into famous pieces of art!
  • International Gateway: Luncheon of the Boating Party – Pierre-Auguste Renoir
  • The American Adventure: Washington Crossing the Delaware – Emanuel Leutze
  • Between Italy Pavilion and Germany Pavilion: Mona Lisa – Leonardo da Vinci
  • Between Italy Pavilion and Germany Pavilion: The Scream – Edvard Munch
  • Mexico Pavilion: An homage to Frida Kahlo
  • Bridge to World Showcase: Peter Pan Storybook
  • Italy Pavilion Courtyard: Birth of Venus – Sandro Botticelli
  • Bridge to World Showcase: Café Terrace at Night and Sunflowers – Vincent van Gogh
Disney PhotoPass photographers will be on hand to snap your photo.

3298puh1r68gu1o6t8i719703.jpg

Love the theme! Festival of the Arts is so much fun! I love the color by number wall and all the yummy treats and drinks.

Even though this is a shorter month, I think I can go for 2000 minutes this time.

450 so far - all horse related

450/2000

I decided the horses and I earned a rest day today.

+120 minutes since last post

160/840... 19%

Settling in to the new place is going well. This week my primary focus will be on establishing my new healthy living routines. One of the big advantages to living here is easy access to walking in nature, but Sunday was the first day I got a walk in, so need to turn that around asap.

Last edited:
+25 minutes of walking tonight. 90/700
PollyannaMom, Twilight Sparkle, Oneanne, and I have all reached Brushstroke Blue!
As Twilight Sparkle mentioned, one of the highlights of the festival is the giant, collaborative paint-by-number wall, called the Expression Section.
mural-16x9.jpg

The Disney World website says:
"Leave your creative mark on a larger-than-life wall mural.

Visit the Expression Section booth to pick up paint, a brush, and your assigned number. Then, paint a few squares of our massive mural that correspond with your paint color—from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily.

Watch in awe as the wall fills with color—to eventually reveal a beautiful mural."

I am back to give my goal and minutes. I am going to do 1260 for the month. I have been off to a great start so far. Most days I should be able to get my time in. Thursday is the day I am in the office that I might not get my time.

Feb 1 - 60
Feb 2 - 18
Feb 3 - 9
Feb 4 - 19
Feb 5 -90
Feb 6 - 60

Total 256/1260 20.32% done

After last week's cold weather, we're enjoying spring like temps now so we took a fun day and went to the zoo yesterday. We were there for several hours, but I'll just count an hour of walking since we stopped to watch the animals a lot.

510/2000

+25 minutes of walking tonight. 90/700
PollyannaMom, Twilight Sparkle, Oneanne, and I have all reached Brushstroke Blue!
As Twilight Sparkle mentioned, one of the highlights of the festival is the giant, collaborative paint-by-number wall, called the Expression Section.
mural-16x9.jpg

The Disney World website says:
"Leave your creative mark on a larger-than-life wall mural.

Visit the Expression Section booth to pick up paint, a brush, and your assigned number. Then, paint a few squares of our massive mural that correspond with your paint color—from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM daily.

Watch in awe as the wall fills with color—to eventually reveal a beautiful mural."
I so want to do this... maybe next year I'll plan a trip during the festival so I can.

+20 minutes of core and walking exercise for the evening!

Congrats to piglet1979 for reaching Brushstroke Blue and to Twilight Sparkle for reaching Photo Op Orange!
Another cute Figment themed activity at the Festival of the Arts is Figment's Brush with the Masters. This is a fun scavenger hunt around each World Showcase Pavilion. You'll be looking for Figment hiding inside artwork inspired by some of history's most famous paintings! You can purchase a map with stickers for $9.99 at Creations Shop, Port of Entry, or World Traveler. If you find all the Figments and mark them on your map, you'll receive a small keepsake from World Traveler.

If you want to know what the prize is this year...
It's a paint your own figurine! You can choose Figment, Mickey, Minnie, or Goofy
Honestly, it's one of the better Festival prizes that I've ever seen!

I so want to do this... maybe next year I'll plan a trip during the festival so I can.
I'm thinking the same thing. I've been during Flower & Garden, and Festival of the Holidays, but never during Arts. It's definitely when I want to plan my next trip!

Sun-2/5 - 20
Mon-2/6 - 15
Tue-2/7 - 10 *

*Sadly, my treadmill seized up yesterday, and I didn't have time to figure out what was wrong, so I just went with the minutes I'd already done. Wish me luck looking through the manual today!

120/500

+115 minutes since last post

275/840... 33%

I bought myself a step for step aerobics several months ago, but the other house didn't have enough open floor space to really use it... this new house has plenty so I had my first go at it last night. You wouldn't think stepping up on a step would be that difficult, but I felt like a real klutz. I really had to pay attention to where my feet were!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter