Art of Entertaining series

ChiTownZee

"You have no idea what I'm capable of."-Evil Queen
Do you have to sign up for these are do you just show up at the scheduled time? And how long do they usually last for? Some of them look like something I might enjoy, anyone have any opinion on these? :)

You just show up at the time indicated in the Navigator. They are great fun. I especially enjoyed the napkin folding and the plate decorating. :) I think they last around 30 minutes, but the Navigator will tell you for sure.

Originally posted by Disney Dreamer

Is this offered on the 4 day cruise?
No, this is part of the beefed-up programming they added when they started the 7-day cruise... gotta' do <i>something</i> with those three days at sea<i>!!</i>

TnRobin-
Just curious. How entertaining was the napkin folding and plate decorating? I didn't go to any of these because they sound boring. :confused: What did they do to make it fun?

I just really enjoyed being able to take a flat piece of fabric and making something so decorative out of it. Also the plate decortating was cool. They gave us bottles of colored gel and let us play. If we did good, we got a big piece of chocolate cake. :D

I am an arts & crafts type person. I guess I just enjoy creating.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll give it a try next time. Did you make any napkin animals?;)

Just back from the Magic - the Art of Entertaining series was great - each day was a different part of putting on a dinner party, from napkin folding, appetizers, main dish, and dessert. A master chef demonstrated his award winning creations, with generous samples distributed by CMs for attendees, with wine to go with it. No need to sign up - just show up.

Is this series adults only? I can understand not wanting a bunch of little kids around interrupting, so it wouldn't surprise me, but I also think it might be something my DSs would enjoy (well behaved 9 & 11). They'll probably be busy in the lab or pool, but just wondering.

:cool:

Took two kids ages 7 and 5 who had a blast. 9 months later daughter still decorates and folds napkins when guests come for dinner.:jester:

I have also seen children in the series, but as Dave says....it is supposed to be for guests 18 and older. We had Chef Corey from Austrailia and he was a hoot!!!! He did a great job with the series.

I guess Disney can't predict which kids will be well-behaved or not so they request children not be present.

MJ

On our May 2001 cruise, we also had Chef Corey from Australia, and I agree entirely that he is an absolute hoot!

I too noticed some children at the series. I would only recommend it if they enjoy this sort of thing and are willing to sit during the entire presentation. It is sometimes hard to hear the presenter with a lot of noise around.

They are definately worth seeing. Have a great cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter