ARRRRRRRGH FP+ Nightmares

That was us yesterday! Really sucked....took 4 hours to cobble together an ok lineup....but didnt get SDD or Mine Train!!!:(

Keep going back and looking. I mentioned earlier that we have AP's and because of that I can look out 30 days for FP+ any time I want to and at least through most of August that I can see in that window there is one available for Seven Dwarfs. FOP never has any at thirty days. SDD and Alien Whirl are full but at 30 days every thing else was available. Now since September is Food and Wine it may not be the same, but I think things do pop up all the time and you just need to keep checking.

Good Luck!

Just FYI for anyone looking for FOP, KEEP CHECKING. My trip is from 9/20-23, I wanted FOP for Saturday, 9/22, it was totally unavailable (I missed the 7am by a few hours, so I didn't have much hope) I've been checking several times a day since then, and this morning I was able to score FOP for the time I wanted. It's tedious, but plans change all the time, if you really want an FP, its worth it to keep checking.

THIS! I was just coming here to post that at 9am today, I was randomly checking and nailed FOP for 9/21- none were left when my 60 day window opened. Keep looking!

In 2015 Disney laid off 500 workers. Since MDE was "finished" they didn't think they needed the people who built it and could hire cheaper labor to support it going forward.
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/...off-at-disney-train-foreign-replacements.html

This is why software breaks everywhere all the time, not just at Disney. The business folks dislike the IT folks. They think they're "losers" and shouldn't be paid more that dirt, i mean look at how they dress. Businessmen on tech commitees ("tech industry leaders") have a lot of influence over the government and make sure the laws are also skewed towards keeping IT people "worthless".

So sigh and keep refreshing, I'm sure the "agile" whip will force a working revision eventually.

Just FYI for anyone looking for FOP, KEEP CHECKING. My trip is from 9/20-23, I wanted FOP for Saturday, 9/22, it was totally unavailable (I missed the 7am by a few hours, so I didn't have much hope) I've been checking several times a day since then, and this morning I was able to score FOP for the time I wanted. It's tedious, but plans change all the time, if you really want an FP, its worth it to keep checking.
But we’re you only checking again at 7am every day or did you try all the time? And do you remember what time of day the FOP actually became available? Thanks for your info...

Up at 5:30 CDT for 6:00 FP+ at the 60 day mark and the system was all about crash, crash, crash. So between my PC, I-Pad, my phone, and my wife's phone we were able to cobble together our plans for our September 22 trip. Did not get times I liked so much but they will be okay and I got SDD and FOP so I have no issues there. We are also going to the 7:00 AP event in Toy Story Land so we get two SDD.

It was just absolutely nuts the number of times we were kicked out, kicked off or got to see Olaf's head laying on the ground. Another one that I have never seen before came up as well. The system telling me that every FP+ for every park was taken for 60 days plus 4. That was a new one.

Can I ask...Did you see a 60 day calendar before it was your 60 days? Right now, I can only see 30 days out. I am hoping I will be able to book 60 days out on my 60 day mark...I am concerned.

Can I ask...Did you see a 60 day calendar before it was your 60 days? Right now, I can only see 30 days out. I am hoping I will be able to book 60 days out on my 60 day mark...I am concerned.
You will see 60 days at your 60 day mark. 30 before then. It will pop up on day 60, no need to be concerned

You see a 30 day rolling calendar because you must have booked room and tickets separately.
Once your 60 day window opens you'll be able to see it.

When you book a package you cannot see anything until your 60 day mark.

I have never seen sixty days out until I am sixty days out from a room reservation. My understanding is if you you have an active ticket on your MDE account you can always see thirty days out. So if you buy tickets seperately and link them to your account you will be able to see 30 days all the time. Since we have active AP's then we have active tickets hence the 30 day window. Only way I ever see 60 days + is when I have a resort reservation.

You see a 30 day rolling calendar because you must have booked room and tickets separately.
Once your 60 day window opens you'll be able to see it.

When you book a package you cannot see anything until your 60 day mark.
What you book doesn't matter. Room only and package are both 60 days, unless you are staying CL.

But we’re you only checking again at 7am every day or did you try all the time? And do you remember what time of day the FOP actually became available? Thanks for your info...
I got FOP at 9am, for a 10:50am timeslot. It was random and I was shocked it showed up. Maybe morning is better? Not sure there’s any proof of that but that was my experience.

Yup, today was my FP+ day and I was ready to go at seven, mainly for SDD (we don't get many FP+s in general). By the time I finally got what I wanted (almost an hour later), I was ready to take a hair dryer to Olaf myself.
HAHAHA!!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I am also sick of seeing Olaf!! Not just on my FP+ day, but I am still trying to do other things and get frustrated!

What you book doesn't matter. Room only and package are both 60 days, unless you are staying CL.

If you have tickets booked separately you can see 30 days out and then 60 days once your 60 day window opens.
If you have a package booked you cannot see 30 days out even though tickets are linked. You cannot see anything until its your 60 day window.

From the FP FAQ and written years ago, it is asked so often:
For onsite guests with a room-only reservation, the 60-day prebooking window will not appear until the 60-day mark, assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. Before this point only a 30-day window (from the current day) will be active, again assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. It is possible to practice booking FPs using this 30-day window.

I was checking a few times a day. The FPs I got popped up around 9am, but it’s pretty much anyone’s guess. People change plans all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter