Arrival meal

On all prior trips our arrival day dinner was always Rainforest Cafe...need some ideas on other restaurants. Where is your first meal tradition?
Does your dinner have to be on property? Will you have a car or are you willing to use Uber/Lyft? Some thoughts:
On site: GK for a character dinner to get the magic started on your visit. Trader Sam's if you can dine before 8 pm -- under 21's not allowed after that. Maybe the new Craftsman Bar & Grill at the GCH (used to be Whitewater Snacks)? In DTD: Jazz Kitchen is always fun. We like the patio so that we can hear the live music and watch the people going by. I would look over the menus on the DLR website to see which restaurant appeals to you the most.
Off site: In'N'Out can be a nice casual dinner (State College and Ball Rd. is the closest location -- next to a Walmart supermarket if you need some supplies for your stay). Anaheim Packing District (about 10 minutes from the parks) is an upscale food court with live music -- lots of choices for everyone! Umami Burger is another fun, casual place (right across the parking lot from the Packing District -- and located in the old Packard showroom, thus the auto-ish decor). Ruby's Diner on Lincoln (sock hop theme, burgers and shakes) is a fun place about 5-10 minutes from the parks.
Have fun wherever you celebrate your first night!

I usually go to Cheesecake Factory at Garden Walk. We dont have this restaurant chain in Europe, so its one of my must do's when I'm in America
Oh I would too if I were you! My family loves cheesecake factory. We don't go when we are traveling because we luckily have one near us. My son and I have a long standing date, school shopping means a trip to the cheesecake factory. He never liked going to the mall and trying on clothes so I use this as an excuse to get cheesecake lol

We always fly in early and make our arrival day a park day. We usually do Carnation Cafe as an early dinner, snacks for lunch ;)

At DtD we love RB Jazz Kitchen so we would do that if not going to the park on arrival day.

If we were into characters (and not going to a park that day) we would definitely do Goofy's to get us into the Disney mood.

I'm arriving on an afternoon as well but am thinking I might be tired and don't want to make it a park day.
But this time I'm planning to head to DTD and check out Napa Rose or Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen!

We used to do Naples as our arrival dinner, but after their redo we visited last February and it was not a good experience. This time we're going to another of our favorites in Downtown Disney: the Jazz Kitchen. The food is good there and I love sitting outside watching the world go by.

La Taqueria is our go-to on arrival day. If you're looking for a quick meal, that or Earl of Sandwich are good choices. If you want a sit-down meal, Splitsville has good grub, or Tortilla Joe's. Off-site, Mimi's next to the HoJo is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter