Arrival meal

ashnjam

Howell, Michigan
On all prior trips our arrival day dinner was always Rainforest Cafe...need some ideas on other restaurants. Where is your first meal tradition?

DisTXMom

DIS Veteran
We love EPCOT dinner on arrival if you can get to the park. Booking Test Track or Soarin’ and a good dinner is a great way to start a trip.

• gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
    I would search restaurants on the Disneyland website, filter to downtown Disney and see if anything appeals on the menus! We’ve had 2 new restaurants come in including Ballast Point and Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes.

• gerilyne

DIS Veteran
    If I wasn't going into the parks I would probably do Ralph Brennan's or maybe dinner at one of the hotels restaurants. In park our first meal is at Cafe Orleans for the Monte Cristo and the Pommes Frittes.

• violina

Earning My Ears
    We've never made it in time for breakfast however we have for lunch or dinner. With my group we usually end up either Tortilla Joe's or Naples. I definitely request Jazz Kitchen if we're doing dinner though.

dsnyfamily4

Earning My Ears
    We always book Goofy’s Kitchen for our arrival dinner. We like to check in early, drop off the luggage, do a little shopping, then circle back around for the reservation. Great way to get the kids some autographs too!

lalasmama

DIS Veteran
    We do the quick service at Tortilla Jo's. You can get nachos as big as your head for about $15. Hubs has a healthy appetite, and he's usually completely full after one of their burritos. At any rate, nothing especially exciting/amazing, but it's become our tradition, and it's an easy "comfort" meal when we've been traveling all day.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Daily Updates and News