Arrival at Port Canivaral

macnac

Earning My Ears
We are going on the Jan 13th cruise with our twin "energetic" 4 year old boys. What time is a good time to arrive for embarkment? The Disney information says embarkment starts at 1:00 but from other posts I see all different times. How are the lines for waiting before getting onto the ship? Thanks for the help from a beginner. :rolleyes:

People will begin to line up as early as 11:00am. They usually embark early - around 12:15 or so...... You kiddos should really enjoy seeing the model of the ship in the port. Just have one adult stand in line while the other adult walks around the terminal with the kids (if they don't do line's well). Characters come out in to the terminal for pictures - so be sure to have the camera accesible!! The time goes very quickly.

Have a great trip!!

macnac,
My husband and I are also cruising on January 13th. There are several other families from this board going the same time. Look for the January 13th threads on this board to find out more. Happy Cruising.

This is our 3rd cruise and we like to get to the Terminal around 10:30. Not many people there at this time, but it is nice to wander around and get pictures before the crowd starts. They also have Disney movie's playing in a sitting area for the children to enjoy. See you there.

wow..people start lining up to embark at 11:00?

Our flight is not scheduled to arrive until 11:30.....I'm hoping that's early enough to make reservations for everything (my wife is very excited about a romantic Palo dinner(lunch) and trying out the Spa).

Any idea how long it takes to get to the port from the airport?

..trying to remain calm

coldhandswarmhearts,
Don't worry. People line up so they can be the first to board. They don't let you start boarding till around 12:15, 12:30. You cannot make your reservations for palo's till 1:00. Time and place are listed in your Navigator which you will recieve at the terminal or when boarding. Go 20 minutes before listed time, they usually start early. Spa reservations start at 1:45. Again get there a little early. I assume you are flying into Orlando. It is about a 45 minute to an hour. Don't panic!!! I am sure you will be able to get your reservations.

Thanks for the information. I printed the posts from January 13th and will be looking for everyone. We are actually staying in Cocoa Beach for a couple of days and them going on the cruise - with the weather in WI it is better to be safe than sorry. Thanks again.

Out of 17 Disney cruises, 12:15 has been the most usual boarding time (although there have occasionally been some delays...only once was it ever late, i.e. after 1).
There is so much to see in the terminal that the time will go by fast...as a previous poster suggested, just have one person in your party stake out your place in line and you'll be fine. We always try to arrive early because we like to relax to eat our lunch prior to the ressie scramble.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter