Around the world in 7 days! Day 1 - getting there is half the fun!

E.Jane

Mouseketeer
Especially when it all goes well! On our one and only previous visit to WDW, the trip itself was horrendous, but this time, it was a breeze. We left Winnipeg on Jan. 17th for a week's stay at the CSR.

The flight was on time, smooth and the food was almost edible! Our luggage was one of the first on the carousel (unlike last time, when it got lost for an hour or so), and the car pick-up took all of 10 minutes! Our previous trip had us prepared for 2 hours or more trying to sort this out, so that was another pleasant surprise.

Our family of four (me, Kevin, my husband, Matthew (14) and Chris (12) were soon well on our way to the CSR. Check in was easy - we got Cabana 9A as requested, and close to the quiet pool. I was immediately struck by how similar this resort is to the CBR. Same type of lay-out. The room was pretty standard, but I'm happy to report that the hair-dryer worked (my worst nightmare - a broken hair-dryer!).

We strolled around the resort for a while, then went to the Pepper Market for an early supper. We ordered a chicken sandwich, pizza, and 2 pastas, along with drinks in the refillable mugs. The total was $92 - ouch! But the $40 spent on the mugs was well worth it in the long run. They'd paid for themselves within 24 hours!

After supper, the kids took a swim, then we headed to DD and strolled from the Westside right to the other end. It was just so nice to be outside walking in short sleeves! We noticed a Disney Quest booth, and the guy there gave me a voucher for $5 off admission. As we had a day planned for DQ, I readily accepted the offering!

We went back to the resort at about 10 pm, filled our mugs, and watched the disney channel that previews everything about WDW. We were rearing to go early the next day!

Jane

Disney magic is already finding its way into your trip. I'm glad you had a great trip down. Cant wait to read more. :)

hipgrl1.gif

<FONT COLOR=Red> Co-Chat Mistress</font>
<FONT COLOR=Red>Instructional Chat Co-Host
</FONT>
<font color=Blue> Co-Moderator Trip Reports Board</font>
<font color=green>
<font color=FF00CC>Co-Moderator Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies
http://www.wdwinfo.com/merchandise/index.shtml</font>

Thanks for posting! It's great to get an idea of what things cost so I can budget!

Can't wait to read more!

"We need more fruitcakes in this world!"
-Jimmy Buffett

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter