Votes: 33 19.1%
  • Canceled my plans - nothing scheduled

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Holding off until 2021

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • Have Plans - waiting to see if we use them

Votes: 28 16.2%

• Total voters
I have a Sept trip booked to take advantage of Hollywood moonlight magic and because passes were expiring in Oct. Now that passes are extended and moonlight magic is probably not happening. I'm really tempted to move the trip to January or Feb. I scored Bay lake tower and Beach club reservations in Sept though and I'm pretty sure I won't be so lucky the next go around since I have to call in to use SSR transferred points. We all knew we were signing up for making plans early but man making them early with this much uncertainly is so hard.

We are booked September 19th to 26th and we are waiting to see how things go COVID spread wise. We aren't too concerned with WDW restrictions.

going 1st week in December just my husband and I, Looking forward to going, Had to cancel June trip with family and grandchildren, but will go next year with all of them. a

Well, I'm a combination of your options. I had early June reservations for a 2 bedroom which are now, of course, cancelled. I have some banked June 2019 points to use before my next big trip, so I booked a studio in January, using the banked and a few June 2020 pionts. That gives me time to see what is happening, and if I decide to cancel, I'll just eat those 46 banked points, or try to to rent them (maybe). The remaining 323 June 2020 points are being banked to 2021, so I won't have to borrow too many (or maybe none at all) for a Thanksgiving 2021 trip with 10 or 11 people, thus avoiding any borrowing restrictions.

Have an October reservation that I know I should cancel. Can't quite bring myself to do it just yet. Not sure why I am waiting.
That's OK, I didn't cancel my June DVC reservation until my dining and fastpasses started disappearing from MDE.

We have a trip Nov 7.
Does no shows mean indoor shows like COP or Frozen where you can sit every third row.....or just outdoor bunching up shows like for street entertainment? If no shows at all, no fireworks, limited hours ( we tend to do the park, rest for a few hours, park plan). We only do maybe half the rides any more since knees and backs aren't the same anymore. We are definitely in the wait and see group.

We are July 16-20, adults only AKV, BWV split stay. Planned on going whether the parks were open or not. Booked a couple ADR's, couple of FP (we got 2 day park hoppers) - so far FP cancelled, waiting for ADR's to follow.

Still excited to go, at the very least, this will be one of the never forget trips given the circumstances.

Since we went twice last year with our kids, once through Christmas eve and day, this will be our 10th time, I assume that's why I don't see it as so much of a big deal with the changes.

We have a Sept 1-9 trip and we're still excited to go....should be a memorable one, mask pics and all lol

If this were a one time trip or we were bringing first timers we would reschedule but to us it will be interesting to see the changes and hopefully there will be low crowds.

Scheduled for august... I'll see how things go in July before I decide one way or the other.

I still don't know if the VGC will be open in July, but if they are we'll be going.

The main way I've modified my plans is that there is no way I'm taking DD2 anymore (to be fair, she was only scheduled to go on our September trip, the July one was supposed to be adults only and since our mom & teens trips in April and May were both cancelled, the teenagers get to come in July now). She won't wear a mask, won't stop touching things, is a completely normal toddler but I just can't see that being a good vacation for anyone if she joins us, so she'll stay home with dad until there's a vaccine.

One resort-only trip is fine just to get out of the house and spend time eating food we haven't cooked with friends.

Many people have been anxious to return to the parks. Now that dates and reopening plans are being announced are you still planning on going ?
Oh we're going. We had a trip over Spring Break that we cancelled the day before Disney shut the whole thing down. We've got bright red Kool Aid mustaches and we're bringing them to OKW for 10 days in August. It won't be like any other trip we've taken but we wouldn't miss it.

Will it be awful to wear a mask in August in Orlando? Yes.
Will it be tough to social distance? Probably yes.
Are we concerned? Yes
Do we need to get out of our darn house and have something to look forward to? Yasssssss!

Last edited:
Scheduled for August (with a November backup)... in a wait and see mode. Not too worried about the restrictions. More on if we feel it's safe to travel or not.

I was supposed to be arriving today -- rescheduled that trip to 6/5...but then rescheduled that to 7/18 right before they announced the park openings.

I was really hoping they weren't going to do this whole new ticket thing -- I currently have APs, so if I have to buy more tickets -- I'm out. I'll just bank the points and see what happens for next year.

I'm going 7/22-7/29 split DVC stay which was booked to replace cancelled long weekends in March and April . I have the Gold AP only because my sister's family were supposed to be at WDW the second week of June, normally I'd only have the FL Silver AP. At least 50% of the points will be lost as of Nov. 30th or I'd cancel and just stay in a hotel somewhere. Even with the AP I may just do a resort stay.

Have a November trip planned for Destination D, unknown if that will happen, tickets should have gone on sale this month. Expecting not but am still planning to go, bought plane tickets yesterday. I’m glad there will be 4 months after opening and weather should be cooler.

Need more choices in the poll.

As for WDW, we have plans in place (DVC resort reservations) but are "wait and see" for same. I'm not worried about WDW itself, but am very uncertain that I will enjoying flying due to changes likely coming in that area.

As for DL, I'm looking forward to going as soon as they reopen and we are permitted to make theme-park reservations with our existing APs.

I've already been through the Corona Virus and assume I have immunity ... but that also is sorta "wait and see" for better understanding.

Need more choices in the poll.

As for WDW, we have plans in place (DVC resort reservations) but are "wait and see" for same. I'm not worried about WDW itself, but am very uncertain that I will enjoying flying due to changes likely coming in that area.

As for DL, I'm looking forward to going as soon as they reopen and we are permitted to make theme-park reservations with our existing APs.

I've already been through the Corona Virus and assume I have immunity ... but that also is sorta "wait and see" for better understanding.
What choices would you like?

I voted "can't wait to go". We have our annual F & W trip booked for October at BWV. If pools are closed I will cancel(I don't think they will be).
If masks are required at the Parks I'll probably go to EPCOT for a couple of hours but that's it.(I think they will be). I don't mind hanging at the Resort and can't wait to get to the Boardwalk!

I voted "can't wait to go". We have our annual F & W trip booked for October at BWV. If pools are closed I will cancel(I don't think they will be).
If masks are required at the Parks I'll probably go to EPCOT for a couple of hours but that's it.(I think they will be). I don't mind hanging at the Resort and can't wait to get to the Boardwalk!
I will add- no Eat to the Beat Concerts will be a bummer

Voted "holding off" as it refers to WDW. Cancelled three WDW's already (one Hurricane Dorian, 2 Covid). Going to Vero Beach in September instead to use up the points we need to use up and will happily drink my margaritas on the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter