Votes: 17 9.8%
  • Holding off until 2021

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • Have Plans - waiting to see if we use them

Votes: 28 16.2%

• Total voters

Jack_Sparrow_NJ

DIS Veteran
Many people have been anxious to return to the parks. Now that dates and reopening plans are being announced are you still planning on going ?

I have cancelled our July trip. Our next plans are in September, I honestly can’t say for sure we will be going.

Going to wait and see for Oct this year-2 BWV studios (booked at 11 mo). Thinking there is a good chance we may cancel (esp the one for extended family) but we have some banked points tied up in one that won’t be used otherwise and APs that run until late this year. So depending on the situation come fall we may still try to make it work....but the reduced hours and lack of experience may not make it worth it to go this year.

Cancelled July- with the summer heat, prefer to have more flexibility with plans. Will go in November even if hours are still reduced.

We were already doing a resort only stay so it worked out in our favor. We probably won’t visit Disney Springs with the mask requirement. It’s one thing to wear the masks around the resort but my kids will be all out of sorts wearing them around for extended time in the heat. I’ll pass on that! If we had planned on the parks then we would cancel.

We have a reservation the first week of December at BCV and we are in a 'wait and see' mode. I think there is a good chance we will be cancelling - not because of a reduced experience but IMHO there is a good chance our country will be in a second wave of the pandemic. I truly hope I'm wrong because we have been looking forward to experiencing Disney during the holidays.

Texted with my siblings until midnight last night. Big family trip in October is beginning to crumble. I just want to cancel, lost points be damned, I’m just so done with everything. Older brother is leaning toward not going...too much money, too little value, too much uncertainty. Younger brother’s wife would go with or without the parks, with or without ADRs. Sister wants to wait until end of July...still hoping they will do some form of F&W but her husband has been in the “no” crowd since the pandemic hit.

Never could have imagined anything like this in the world - let alone a Disney World looking like this. Going to take some time to wrap our heads around it and figure out what we can do with existing reservations. Way more questions than answers right now. I have no doubt Disney will lose a percentage of their immediate fan base over the next year or 2 because of it. But those folks will come back when normalcy comes back.

If I hadn't been there too many times to count and wasn't a DVC member, I would postpone my already scheduled trip until I could get the full Disney experience. However, the things that are going to be in place will help me feel safe in the parks, probably safer than at my grocery store. I am looking forward to the lower crowds. My only concern about my July trip is going to be the heat. It will be more challenging to wear face masks, and not be readily able to go into a restaurant or pool to cool off In the summer heat. If my 1st planned trip was going to be in the fall or winter, I would have no concerns since I don't have to fly to get there.

Last edited:
I have a reservation for OKW for the first week of September. Hope until then we will have seen a more steady decline of new infections and the new park operations and procedures have some routine. However, I am always ready to cancel should it not be safe to travel (I am from Chicago).

We are in the "wait and see" mode. We want to go away and needed as many of us do. I am not as happy or confident though right now. We cancelled two other trips so if we have to cancel this one too - so be it.

The virus is not going anywhere anytime soon. It remains to be seen how things are working out the next few months before we decide on wether or not to keep our October reservation. We want to be comfortable. Heat/mask, what we plan/can get out of it/concerts, food, shows, etc. Pool time? Fly/Drive - we have a little time.

Happy for those that will be going :)

Our March reservation was cancelled. I went ahead and cancelled July, and it's a good thing because we were supposed to be there 7/2-7/10.

We still have plans for October. I'm going to wait and see how things are going by then.

We've reluctantly cancelled out trip for this year and really hope things are back to normal by the time we can go in the fall of 2021. This will be the first time in 10 years that we haven't been to WDW :sad:

Everything in place and haven’t change anything. I will be there in early July before parks open...was a resort stay anyway,

What may change is who comes for the August trip. Some of my guests May choose not to go. But I am along with DD and her DBF.

Keeping the rest too. I am booked monthly through next March..other than November.

Wow - not what I expected. So far only 1/3 of THIS group is still committed? It's going to be a very different trip, that is for certain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!