Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - COMPLETED 6/13!

Isthatyoutiger said:
Still here :thumbsup2:surfweb:
Congrats on the new house :banana::woohoo:
Great photo's - The castle at night is so cool looking. Can't wait to read more.
:happytv:

Thanks for sticking around! :)

After our tiring morning at Typhoon Lagoon, we grabbed some snacks at Landscape of Flavors then went back to our room. I got this adorable Mickey cupcake:

DSCN1319.jpg

and Jess had some brownie bites. Both were pretty yummy, mine was slightly bland but it was made from sugar so I ate it :cool1: We showered and we were excited for our first visit (this trip) to Hollywood Studios! By about 3:30, we were out of the room and on our way to DHS. Before we got on the bus, Jess stopped at the front desk to get some quarters and pennies for her pressed penny collection, and Jess got an Art of Animation penny - I think she chose Ariel. The DHS bus came quickly and we arrived by 4. The first thing we noticed - it was HOT! This was our first time being in a park late in the afternoon and I was sweating to death!

We stopped for lots of photopass pictures this day in a few different spots!
First up was the front of the park:

Photo0340FourBySix-1.jpg

Then Tower of Terror:

Photo0342FourBySix.jpg

The guy near ToT had some good poses, including a new magic shot! I love the way this one turned out:

Photo0354FourBySix.jpg

Photo0356FourBySix.jpg

Then it was time to grab a fastpass for Rock ‘n Rollercoaster!

DSCN1323.jpg

I was seriously overheating, so we got some snacks and sat under an umbrella. I got some popcorn and Jess got a churro. The churro stand was closing for the afternoon so they gave her a free one! She shared with me so that was a nice surprise for both of us. I used my snack credit for the popcorn and paid OOP for a delicious diet coke! :love:
DSCN1326.jpg

Here's Jess modeling her two churros...

DSCN1325.jpg

We wanted to ride something inside, so our first official ride at DHS was the Great Movie Ride. I still have yet to get the cowboy scene, it’s always the gangster!

Afterwards, we walked around outside and looked for Hidden Mickey’s in the handprints and took some icon photos...

DSCN1330.jpg

I had heard about character palooza, and at this time it was around 4:45pm, so we head over to the animation building. Pooh had no line, so we hopped over to meet the guy!

Photo0357FourBySix.jpg

Photo0358FourBySix.jpg

Frozone and Mr. Incredible as well as Sorcerer Mickey was out, but no one special. Maybe there was no character palooza this day??

The other lines were long, so we met Pooh then went over to do something we’d be wanting to try - the animation class! Continued below..

We went to wait in line for the Animation class...I don't think we waited too long but I don't really remember. Soon we were seated in our adorable desks with pencils ready!
DSCN1331.jpg

DSCN1334.jpg

I'm not sure what Jess is looking at in this picture, it's kind of creepy...

I liked our teacher this day...she let us vote on what character we wanted to do and Minnie won! I absolutely loved this class. It was so fun getting to learn how to draw the characters and mine didn’t come out *too* bad, although Jess’s was a lot better.
My Minnie:
DSCN1339.jpg

Jess' Minnie:
DSCN1338.jpg

Our RnRc fastpasses weren’t ready yet, but our two hour window passed so we went to grab some FPs for Tower of Terror (TSM was gone by the time we got there at 4:00, obviously). We still had a little time before our RnRc FP was ready, so we took some more PP pictures! Some of these are reallllly cheesy!

Photo0362FourBySix.jpg

Photo0367FourBySix.jpg

Cheese-a-licious:
Photo0368FourBySix.jpg

But there were some cute ones too!
Photo0370FourBySix.jpg

We were "celebrating" Jess' graduation from college 6 months earlier.

I like this one too!
Photo0372FourBySix.jpg

After our photoshoots, we went and walked around One Man’s Dream. We were kind of rushing through so we could ride RnRc before dinner, so we didn’t stay for the film and I would have liked to spend a little more time there. There’s always next time!

DSCN1348.jpg

DSCN1358.jpg

Diagram of the new Fantasyland!
DSCN1357.jpg

Finally, our RnRc FP was ready so we walked over and rode. As usual, it was awesome! I took this "artsy" picture along the way - I love these balloons!

DSCN1361.jpg

We also lucked out and missed a HUGE storm. By the time we got out of the ride, the sun was coming back out but the ground was soaked and people were still wearing ponchos. We caught some luck there! Around this time we realized that we probably weren’t going to be done dinner in time to use our ToT fastpasses, so we gave them to two guys who were pulling FPs and pulled some new ones. We were happy to spread the pixie dust and they were excited to get them!

Those magic shots with Chip are so cute. Your drawings were awesome !I want to do that someday.

rachel09985 said:
Those magic shots with Chip are so cute. Your drawings were awesome !I want to do that someday.

Thanks, I love that magic shot. Don't be too impressed with my drawing...wait until you see the Donald I draw later in the trip! I don't know why we waited so long to do the class...we ended up doing it 4 times this trip!

Yay! Sounds like DHS was fun! I do really want to get onto RnR sometime, I think I have Paige convinced into it in Feb, I mean, she did convince me into Space! Haha!

You guys got lots of photopass pics! Good on ya! Haha, another goal for my next trip! Lol. Nice job missing that storm! We got stuck in it at MK for a bit, but managed to head into Tiki room for shelter haha, you guys really lucked out though!

Loving your report!! All the pictures are so great! I really wish we had pictures like this on our trip! Oh well! Keep it coming!! :thumbsup2

Those magic shots with chip are adorable! I would love to do that one!
Free churro? Awesome!
Sounds like a great afternoon, how lucky that you missed the storm!

I just started reading but now I'm along for the ride!

I'm planning a trip for September 2014 (maybe 2013 too if life would stop getting in the way!) and hoping to pick up tips from as many others as I can!:thumbsup2

Yay! Sounds like DHS was fun! I do really want to get onto RnR sometime, I think I have Paige convinced into it in Feb, I mean, she did convince me into Space! Haha!

You guys got lots of photopass pics! Good on ya! Haha, another goal for my next trip! Lol. Nice job missing that storm! We got stuck in it at MK for a bit, but managed to head into Tiki room for shelter haha, you guys really lucked out though!

You have to go on rock n rollercoaster!! At least once, to see if you like it :)

Loving your report!! All the pictures are so great! I really wish we had pictures like this on our trip! Oh well! Keep it coming!! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I saw you started your TR up again, can't wait to read some more! I learned my lesson last time, I didn't take many pictures & regretted it! Also, prepaying for the Photopass is a good reason to take lots of pics, haha

Great pictures....loving your TR. :)

Thank you! And thanks for following :)

Those magic shots with chip are adorable! I would love to do that one!
Free churro? Awesome!
Sounds like a great afternoon, how lucky that you missed the storm!

Thanks! He didn't tell us who would be in the magic shots before so I was anxious to see them! And the free churro was a nice surprise!

I just started reading but now I'm along for the ride!

I'm planning a trip for September 2014 (maybe 2013 too if life would stop getting in the way!) and hoping to pick up tips from as many others as I can!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for following! September is an awesome time to go and were hoping we can go back in Sept 2014 (depends on Jess' work schedule). It was hot but tolerable!

All caught up and joining in!

Loving your TR so far!! I love sister trips :goodvibes

Thanks for following!!

We are finally all moved into our new house! We aren't totally unpacked yet but I'm giving myself a break and posting a few updates to this TR! Hopefully they'll become more frequent now :)

After we gave away our Tower of Terror fastpasses, it was almost time for our reservation for...

DSCN1363-1.jpg

Mama Melrose! So we made our way over to the restaurant, located near the Muppets. I really liked the decor in this restaurant, it was nice and cozy and I loved the lights. We checked in, and there were a few hidden Mickey’s near the front of the podium (check out this Mickey leaf!)

DSCN1367-1.jpg

so after we snapped a few pictures of them, we were promptly seated.

Besides being seated quickly, the service here was seriously lacking tonight! Our waitress was very nice though! We were seated right near the kitchen...some might find this annoying but I like that we could see in and watch them cook! The especially love the lights in this place. Very nice theming!

DSCN1370-1.jpg

We both ordered sodas then we placed our food orders - I got the penne vodka and I think Jess got the chicken picatta, but I can’t really tell from the photos.

DSCN1371-1.jpg

DSCN1372-1.jpg

Our food didn’t take too long to come out and they were both very good! I actually preferred Jess’ to mine but they were both pretty delish.

We then waited forever to get our desserts - Jess got chocolate gelato and I got some sort of chocolate melting cake (again!). When they finally came out, they were both very good!

DSCN1374-1.jpg

DSCN1373-1.jpg

Again, we waiting for a lonnggg time to get the check. We settled the bill with the DDP and head out for some more Hollywood Studios fun!

Our rating for this meal is as follows:
Food: 4. The food here was really good! Both of our entrees were served hot & delicious and I thought they had a lot of good choices on the menu.
Service: 3. Service here was not so good. Our waitress was very nice, but it wasn’t that busy and I found the service slow.
Ambiance: 4. Love the ambiance here! I love all the lights overhead and I thought it was very cozy.
Wait time: 4. We didn’t wait long at all, we were seated quickly!

Would we visit again? Yes! It won’t be a must-do every trip, but I would come back again for sure.

Ranking: 4. This one falls pretty much in the middle of the pack!

Continue below for another update!

After our bellies were full for a yummy dinner, it was time to use some Fastpasses for a wild ride at the Hollywood Tower hotel! But of course we had to take some pictures along the way!

DSCN1375-1.jpg

DSCN1376-1.jpg

DSCN1378-1.jpg

Hi Jess!
DSCN1377-1.jpg

Ready to ride this bad boy!
DSCN1379-1.jpg

DSCN1380-1.jpg

We didn’t wait long and soon we were taking our first ride of the trip on Tower of Terror. This ride scares me SO much the first time I ride it each trip, but I love it so much! Jess is always cracking up because I scream my head off every time. By the time we were done on our ride it was around 8:30. There was second showing of Fantasmic around 9:30 that night and although we didn’t originally plan to, we decided to stick around and watch it! There was EMH this night also. We had done everything we wanted to do already so we just walked around some stores until 9:00, when we went into Fantasmic.

Sillly hats!
DSCN1381-1.jpg

This is such a terrible picture, it cracks me up...luckily Jess doesn't cruise the Dis so I can post bad pictures of her!
DSCN1382-1.jpg

She wanted a pillow pet so bad but we thought this Mickey one was weird. Any guesses on what she would eventually go home with??
DSCN1385-1.jpg

We went in at 9:00 and got a good seat - I love Fantasmic! I try not to take pictures during fireworks/shows so I can fully focus on what's going on. Here's the one picture I took!

DSCN1387-1.jpg

We didn’t get to see the whole thing in December 2011, so I was excited to watch it again. As usual, since I’m so impatient, we head out of the theater about a minute before the end to beat the bus crowds - I can’t take all those crowds at the end of the night! We quickly stopped for a nighttime Photopass picture:

Photo0376FourBySix-1.jpg

And to grab this picture, for my doggie Oscar!
DSCN1388-1.jpg

We bolted for the exit and got to the bus just after 10. We didn’t wait too long for a bus and were back at the hotel by 10:30. No big blue pool tonight - we hit the hay since we were up so early! Tomorrow we had the morning “off” from the park and planned to tour the hotel (finally!), so we didn’t even set an alarm.

Your food at Mama Melrose looks good! I've heard pretty mixed reviews about it. Did you do the Fantasmic package or no cause you said you hadn't planned on staying...silly question, I guess I just answered it myself:lmao:

I feel like the Tower of Terror is consistently scary each time, no matter how many times you ride!

Fantasmic is amazing but the crowds really are something awful. What a good idea to leave a bit earlier. We usually end up being those obnoxious people climbing up the bleachers as they tell you not to. What can you do! I always feel like if there was any kind of emergency, we'd all die in that crowd.

Love the updates! Great pictures.:goodvibes

Congratulations on being moved in! :thumbsup2

Mama Melrose is one place that makes my short list every trip just to get cut at the end. I'd like to try it some day. Too bad about your service, but the food looks yummy.
Nice DHS evening! I can't ride ToT, too scary for me. :rotfl: :rolleyes1

I know what you mean about those crowds! I either have to leave before the show ends or sit and wait for everyone else to exit first. I can't be in the middle of the zillions!!:crowded:

I love the silly hat photo!

And good work on the hidden leaf mickey! Some of them are so tricky!!

New house! Yay! I think I kinda missed some stuff, but I’m going to start with Mama Melrose and go from there, hopefully I get all caught up, haha! Aw, its so cute in there, although, not what I expected, lol, don’t know what I thought it’d be though ahha. I really find that if there’s one place where Disney Dining slacks, it’s bringing the bill out! Especially at buffets, like, they take forever!!

I love the muppet area! Everything’s so awesome over there! ToT is definitely one of my favorite rides, although it does scare me every so often, haha. I love the pillow pets! I think I might end up buying one next trip…who knows? Aw man!! Why would you skip the ending!?!? IT’S THE BEST PART!! That moment that Mickey pops up on top of the mountain and is running everything, UGH, MY FEELINGS!! I just can’t!

I'm late to the party, but I'm here! I've enjoyed catching up on your TR - looks like you had a great trip! Excited to hear about the rest of it:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter