Are you going to pay $15 for Max Pass?

Max Pass at $15

• Still gonna pay it!

Votes: 164 82.4%
  • It's priced me out!

Votes: 35 17.6%

• Total voters
Since the $10 rate has consistently been advertised as an "introductory" price, I expected it to go up to like $20. For me that would still be a good value on a crowded day - less value with less crowds.

Is the $15 price being touted as an "introductory" price now? Or is that being advertised as "the price"?

It's listed like this:
Disney MaxPass is available for only $15 per day, per ticket—so you can experience more of the park with the people you love!

OK, so the introductory price verbiage is gone.

It still lists the $15 as an introductory price on the app (attached screenshot). But that could be just because they only changed the $10 to $15 and didn't touch anything else. I would honestly fully expect it to go up again.

Only reason I put "priced out" for my answer wasn't for me personally. I put it because I don't think I would be able to convince a friend to try it at that price point and I also wouldn't have bought it for my two friends over our NYE trip ($100 versus $150... The cost I paid was already pushing it for what I was willing to pay for others; $150 would have been out of the question). Many of those who will still pay it have used it and have become accustomed to the convenience. I certainly don't want to ever not have it. But I won't be buying it for others now, lol!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190107-114242.png
    Screenshot_20190107-114242.png
    136.8 KB · Views: 8
It still lists the $15 as an introductory price on the app (attached screenshot). But that could be just because they only changed the $10 to $15 and didn't touch anything else. I would honestly fully expect it to go up again.

My theory is that they have a set amount of server capacity and some maximum number of users for which the system works optimally. It took a year and a half for them to get enough people to buy it at $10/ticket/day for them to partially break the system during a busy time of week. Now they've got it up to $15 and will undoubtedly gather data. I'm guessing once it happens again (likely this summer) the price will go up another $5, and continue to do so until the user base stabilizes at optimum on busy days.

I think there will be a good argument in the future to tie the pricing to the peak/regular/value calendar so that they can keep the system optimized.

I should say I was planning on adding it to all our tickets on 1, maybe 2 days if we fell in love with it the first day but I think now we'll be lucky to add 1 day.

I chose "it priced me out," but really, I'm not purchasing it out of pure principle. I'm annoyed. I have a family of 5. This is a big increase when talking 5 people with 3 day tickets. Personally, I don't feel Disney should be charging extra to book on your phone, anyway. WDW doesn't charge extra for FP+ (yet.) The nickle and diming is getting very irritating.
The poll doesn't have my option: I already have it on my AP.

As for why they are charging extra, well the bottom line is it has major added value, not only can you book from your phone, but you also get Photopass and Ride Photos included. Additionally MaxPass works a million times (probably and understatement) better than the disaster of FP+ and part of that probably is because there is a cost associated with it.

Nope. Can you imagine the thousands of angry people just outside that area if they bought a single day ticket and then couldn’t get in because they didn’t pull a “Fastpass”? Cussing and screaming their angry way through ToonTown, Critter Country after being denied any chance at entry for the day... no way. That’s 14 acres that Disney fully intends to pack. Might the area reach capacity? Sure. But I don’t see anyway they force anyone who wants to enter the land to pull FPs just to do so.

To put it into perspective to WDW visitors even Pandora is only 12 acres. SWL is gonna be big.
Actually, given the limited entry and exit points it wouldn't be difficult at all, I just hope if they do this, Disney plays it smart and puts the FP machines for the entire land near the front of the park. I would imagine it would be something like you have to have FP for one of the rides or for the land to enter it.

I still think MP is worth the cost and a value at Disneyland.

Universal express pass $100 per person

Legoland reserve and ride - lowest tier $35- highest tier is $100

Six flags flash pass - lowest tier $35- highest tier is $100

Knots fast lane: $80

Sea world quick queue:$30-per ride.

The ticket price to get into these parks are a less than Disneyland's price. Some are a lot less.

My theory is that they have a set amount of server capacity and some maximum number of users for which the system works optimally. It took a year and a half for them to get enough people to buy it at $10/ticket/day for them to partially break the system during a busy time of week. Now they've got it up to $15 and will undoubtedly gather data. I'm guessing once it happens again (likely this summer) the price will go up another $5, and continue to do so until the user base stabilizes at optimum on busy days.

I think there will be a good argument in the future to tie the pricing to the peak/regular/value calendar so that they can keep the system optimized.

I guess that is really the big question... will they increase maxpass prices again this year or not?
That’s really my biggest concern that they increase the price once SWGE opens... or if they maybe even implement something different for SWGE...
How about some time traveling?:teleport:

I really don’t know if I’ll buy it now for 5days and 3 persons or add it each day and then only for 3-4days and risk another price increase... all this pre planning is driving me crazy...:crazy: (but it is still so much fun to do it and hang out here...)

An extra $5 per person isn't going to price me out. I consider it part of cost of going because Maxpass is so handy. DL has a long way to go before they price me out, considering the admission price of other theme parks that are far less interesting to me, compared to theatre tickets, and compared to big name concert tickets. I'll gladly pay the price of DL ticket for 12+ hours of rides and entertainment vs a 3 hour show where I usually need binoculars to see the stage.

And where do they put this 6+ hour line to enter the land? Animal Kingdom has the space for that, Disneyland does not. I still stand by my opinion that they will use electronic Maxpass to control entrance to the land, but that is just my opinion.

This is exactly why Star Wars Land should've been the anchor in a third park. Yeah, yeah, I know. There's nothing big enough close enough. But they dropped $4Billion for Star Wars. They can shell out some cash for land and a bus system. DL park is going to become a true Nightmare before Christmas.

As for us, no, we won't be buying it. At $75 a day, I'll just keep running and burning those calories. I just wonder on this poll....how many people who said yes are either single or just go with one other person vs. a family of 4+.

As for us, no, we won't be buying it. At $75 a day, I'll just keep running and burning those calories. I just wonder on this poll....how many people who said yes are either single or just go with one other person vs. a family of 4+.

The problem is that they hooked us with the crack-cocaine of fastpass that is MaxPass at $10 a pop. I have a family of 5 and now sometimes am bringing a sixth due to older children having an SO. Going at a peak time like between Christmas and New Year the power of MaxPass was on full display. In lower crowds...I might pass it up and burn the calories as you say, but in large crowds the ability to get fast passes every 90 minutes(as opposed to 120) and being able to pick up cancellations late in the day (which can't be done with the manual system), as well as the ability to grab passes from the comfort of my hotel in the afternoon is a power I'm not prepared to lay down, even at an additional $30 per day (or $60 if they pop it up to $20 before I go again)

It's part of my budget for all future trips. It hurts with the price increases just announced, but we only go every 1 to 2 years, so it might mean we're closer to 2 years out than 1 year out...but when I go, I'm going maxpass all the way.

I don't know. The problem is, when my entire family goes, that's an extra $90 per day, which adds up. When it's just me or me with one kid, it's totally reasonable to add it on. And if it's a day-trip for us, sure, I'll get it for the $90 for the family. But, for a longer trip, it's a lot of money. So, maybe one day I would just to it the stuff that always has long rides, but I wouldn't do it for an entire multi-day vacation.

I think we all saw the price increase coming this year (before Star Wars). However, I thought it was going to be a gradual climb instead of a $5 jump. I still think it's worth it though.

This is exactly why Star Wars Land should've been the anchor in a third park. Yeah, yeah, I know. There's nothing big enough close enough. But they dropped $4Billion for Star Wars. They can shell out some cash for land and a bus system. DL park is going to become a true Nightmare before Christmas.

I’m one of the ones that voted yes, and normally go by myself and meet up with my friends. We all have it attached to our passes. However if I had a family I think I would still use it, but not for the entire time. I would probably just do what my parents did back in the day and run all over the place and collect as many fast passes as possible. That is, if Admission isn’t 2K a person by then...

I just wonder on this poll....how many people who said yes are either single or just go with one other person vs. a family of 4+.

Neither, we are a family of 3 and we will absolutely be getting MaxPass for at least 4 of our 5 day hoppers. The only one that is up for debate is our 5th day, that will be either our arrival or departure day depending on what flights I pick. That day will only be a half day so we may not bother with MaxPass.

We are going in August, there is no way I would even consider not getting MaxPass. They would have to raise the price significantly for us to not get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!