Max Pass at $15

• Still gonna pay it!

Votes: 164 82.4%
  • It's priced me out!

Votes: 35 17.6%

• Total voters

lalasmama

DIS Veteran
With the price increases announced today--OUCH! for some people--they also increased Max Pass. So.... Are you still willing to pay at $15?

I chose "it priced me out," but really, I'm not purchasing it out of pure principle. I'm annoyed. I have a family of 5. This is a big increase when talking 5 people with 3 day tickets. Personally, I don't feel Disney should be charging extra to book on your phone, anyway. WDW doesn't charge extra for FP+ (yet.) The nickle and diming is getting very irritating.

Last edited:
I mentioned this on another thread, but it is probably something my family of five will purchase for three of our days on a five day trip we have planned in July. I think going this summer we will for sure need it for at least part of our trip due to the crowds expected. More than three days will be determined once we get there.

I've only gotten MP for 1 day on my AP. It was nice, but I don't need it. I may or may not get it once in a while but I won't add it to my pass.

Question: going with my adult daughter, who is purchasing a 3-day pass. She asked about adding MP. Can she add it to a 3-day hopper later or does it have to be done when she purchases?

I've only gotten MP for 1 day on my AP. It was nice, but I don't need it. I may or may not get it once in a while but I won't add it to my pass.

Question: going with my adult daughter, who is purchasing a 3-day pass. She asked about adding MP. Can she add it to a 3-day hopper later or does it have to be done when she purchases?
She can buy it one day at w time if she chooses but when I checked earlier today on the current ticket discount deal maxpass was still $10/day with the that if pre bought.

We are a family of 5 and that hike in price is gouging. No, we will not pay for it. Plus, we were thinking of getting APs in October, but, now, not only will we NOT get APs, we will spend our $$$$ elsewhere. No trip in August,October or November. Our trip that was booked last year for this coming spring, will be our last for quite a long time. There will have to be a great offer for me to crack open my wallet to plan for another trip. The price increases today, coupled with talks of MORE price increases makes me consider if the value for our family is there, and no, it is not. This is greed, pure and simple. They are raising prices every which way because people are paying it while the quality is dropping. The constant menu changes at all the eateries is frustrating. 9 times out of 10, the items removed are replaced with mediocre items at best. The park should be spotless, not a sign of wear and tear anywhere with the prices they charge. Quit getting rid of the great, live entertainment. Bring back the assorted characters at "character meals" instead of basically the same few at each meal! Bring back a princess character meal. Live up to the name Disneyland, not Scrooge.

Only if you buy direct from Disney can it be added at the time of purchase.
Thanks for the reply. My UC 3 day tickets were $191 vs. $210 buying from Disney direct so I still came out ahead even with the maxpass increase. Although now I'm seriously considering scrapping Maxpass because I'm so annoyed by this. We will be there MLK weekend. Anyone have an idea if Maxpass will be necessary that weekend?

Thanks for the reply. My UC 3 day tickets were $191 vs. $210 buying from Disney direct so I still came out ahead even with the maxpass increase. Although now I'm seriously considering scrapping Maxpass because I'm so annoyed by this. We will be there MLK weekend. Anyone have an idea if Maxpass will be necessary that weekend?
It's included in my AP, but the ease of convenience is definitely worth the price. On NYE I got to the park around 2pm most FPs if you went to the machine were already for 10pm and later or were gone. I was able to with Maxpass get FPs for Haunted Mansion Holiday (x2), Space Mountain, Roger Rabbit, Buzz, and Big Thunder that were all either immediately usable or has less than 90 minutes till they could be used and these FPs were all to be used before 8pm. You can also pull an FP for something on the opposite end of the park without having to schlep over there.

Considering the glitches it has had lately with day of MP purchases? Yeah no. $15 is obscene and not worth it when it's only working a fraction of the day for those people. Although maybe this change is why it was glitching so bad the last handful of days.

$10 was honestly a good sweet point. It was a lot easier for me to convince someone to throw $10 at it to try it than $15 will be.

I would like to add it is very likely that for at least the first year, access to Galaxies Edge May be Fastpass only even to enter the land.

That's a pretty big increase in my opinion! For our family of 6, it increases the cost $150 over 5 days (last month we paid $300 for Maxpass, now it will be $450). Still worth it for us, but ouch! We've used it on 2 trips now and can't imagine going back to pulling FP at the machines. If we went more than once per year I'm not sure we would be able to get it every time, though. But if we went more than once per year we might not be as anxious to ride everything we can each time, so in that case it probably would work out without it. But for our once a year trips, it's a must have for us.

Our next trip we will for sure buy MaxPass - we visit once a year or once every two years so it's worth it for us to make the most of the time we have there. If we were local then I doubt we would bother, but considering the fraction of the overall cost of a trip to Disneyland - including flights, rental car, hotel and meals, it's just part of the package now.

As much as I hate the price increases, I think at $10 a pop, virtually everyone would buy it, and FastPasses would start disappearing even earlier than they already do. By pricing out some people, maybe MaxPass will not be so universally popular, and those who do choose to purchase it will have more FastPasses available.

I hate that they keep increasing prices for things, and I do absolutely have empathy for the families who are being priced out, but since demand for the parks remains increasingly high, and will only grow exponentially once GE opens, they’re going to have to do something to make crowds more manageable. If that means making things more expensive, then I’d still rather pay more as opposed to waiting in multi-hour lines and not being able to get FastPasses for anything past noon.

If the prices keep going up, we may have to go every other year rather than every year, but that’s still preferable as compared to dealing with extreme crowds and minimum Fastpass availability every day of the year.

My DH and I are going for 2 days (Saturday & Sunday) before a cruise, so I'll be paying for it. We're WDW vets, we've only been to DL once, back in 1991 - so we want to see/ride as much as possible. We did buy the 3 day hopper passes through a discount vendor (they were less expensive than the 2 day hopper) We'll only add MP to the 2 days were going to the parks.

Yes. But I go to the parks on average for 4-5 days and I only purchase MP 2-3 days as I’m just too tired toward the end to make it feel worth it to do everyday. The price increase won’t change that behavior for me. TBH this has been a long time coming. (I still think it is a nasty gotcha that Disney will not refund MP purchases when the system goes down though!)

I would like to add it is very likely that for at least the first year, access to Galaxies Edge May be Fastpass only even to enter the land.
Nope. Can you imagine the thousands of angry people just outside that area if they bought a single day ticket and then couldn’t get in because they didn’t pull a “Fastpass”? Cussing and screaming their angry way through ToonTown, Critter Country after being denied any chance at entry for the day... no way. That’s 14 acres that Disney fully intends to pack. Might the area reach capacity? Sure. But I don’t see anyway they force anyone who wants to enter the land to pull FPs just to do so.

To put it into perspective to WDW visitors even Pandora is only 12 acres. SWL is gonna be big.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!