Are You A Disney Bigot?

I did tell one woman that it's a good thing she doesn't want to go to Disney World because I don't want anymore people in front of me in line for Fantasmic.
:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I was thinking the same thing! It is crowded enough with people that want to be there!

With most things that people don't agree with you with, I've found one phrase that pretty much sums it all up: "If I've got to explain, you wouldn't understand".

Yes, this is my outlet, my support group, my place where I can let my Disney hair down...:rotfl2:

I am the opposite of the OP...instead of kicking the non-Disney fans out of my circle of friends, I just don't talk Disney in front of them....

How about "ethnocentic"? (I'd like to use a 25-cent word, and here's my opportunity!:cool1: )
Now I've got to figure out if Disney is defined as a "culture" or "race" :confused3 .
:teeth:

My friend's 15 year old son called me a Disney freak! His mom laughed. I told them that they were quickly talking their way out of free accommodations in Disney. That shut him up!

Yeah, freak or nut usually are spoken around me (don't know what's said when I'm not around!).

We are Disneyphiles.

According to Wikipedia, phile as a suffix is used to specify some kind of attraction or affinity to something, in particular the love or obsession with something.

This describes my family. Some are just a bit more "phile" than others.;)

HBC

Aaah, THAT's the word I was searching for! Much better, thank you!!!:idea:

I used to get really ticked off at people who mocked me, but now I adopt the "that's why there's chocolate and vanilla ice cream mentallity". I agree with the poster who said-that makes one less person ahead of me at Fantasmic. I say to those who "don't get it"-please-go to Vegas, on non Disney cruises, and to the Caribbean!! Just don't take my spot for SpectroMagic! Get out of my way going to Splash Mountain. And for heaven's sake, get out of line for Soarin'!!!!! :rotfl:

Like the rest of youse, I have many friends/relatives that don't "get" my attraction/affection/obsession with Disney. I am 60 years-young, :earboy2: and get younger every trip I make to WDW. I could care less what anyone thinks. I am a self-proclaimed MOUSEMANIAC :mickeyjum , and proud of it!

Bob

How about "ethnocentic"? (I'd like to use a 25-cent word, and here's my opportunity!:cool1: )
Now I've got to figure out if Disney is defined as a "culture" or "race" :confused3 .
:teeth:

It has got to be a race. A rat race... :mickeyjum ooops.... a mouse race. And we are all marathon experts!

I have a brother and 2 sisters who always say are you tired of DISNEY yet? No! How can you ever get tired of DISNEY? They think because we go every year that there is nothing left to see.....But , I am fortunate enough to have a husband and kids and inlaws who love DISNEY as much as I do, so we plan our trips with the inlaws!
Can't wait for our next trip......In Novemeber........

My friend's 15 year old son called me a Disney freak! His mom laughed. I told them that they were quickly talking their way out of free accommodations in Disney. That shut him up!

This is what they call me at work also, Disney Freak.:cool1:

From a slightly different perspective, I do believe that many DVC owners think themselves better than other Timeshare Owners though they will rarely admit it.

WORD HISTORY Bigots may have more in common with God than one might think. Legend has it that Rollo, the first duke of Normandy, refused to kiss the foot of the French king Charles III, uttering the phrase bi got, his borrowing of the assumed Old English equivalent of our expression by God. Although this story is almost surely apocryphal, it is true that bigot was used by the French as a term of abuse for the Normans, but not in a religious sense. Later, however, the word, or very possibly a homonym, was used abusively in French for the Beguines, members of a Roman Catholic lay sisterhood. From the 15th century on Old French bigot meant “an excessively devoted or hypocritical person.”

Well -- that certainly sums up a fair characterization of some posters on this board! ::yes:: :bitelip: :smokin:

From a slightly different perspective, I do believe that many DVC owners think themselves better than other Timeshare Owners though they will rarely admit it.

What do you mean THINK? The correct word is KNOW!pixiedust:

For all of us who love all things Disney. We knew we had found our happy place the minute we first walk through the tunnels under the train station. Can you explain that feeling or place to those who went and did not find it or to those who have never been. I for one have stopped trying. Yes, family and friends may call us crazy, but we have found and will forever hold Disney in a special spot in our hearts. I like many others who have posted am just glad I found all of you on the Dis Board.

:rotfl2:

I am a Disney Freak. And so are the rest of the people that live in my house. All I have heard from people is "of course they are going to Disney again!" We have been every year since 2004. Why deviate from a vacation that everyone in the house enjoys? For us with the kids, it is the place to go...and really not that expensive IMO.

Our 3rd was conceived at WDW. His initals are WD. Not many people know the connection. His first trip was at 9 months (last September). He will never not remember a year without Disney!

Even if everyone makes fun of us, we will still go.

facebook twitter