Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

Glad to hear that they tried to make up for the poor service but unhappy to hear that it didn't seem to go through! Hope they fix it real soon!

Photos coming soon, I hope..... Waiting for Rob to have time to assist me with the upload. We thought it would be today but our daughter is flying home from college today, her first air trip alone and we had spent most of the day working out issues. She has been on, oh, probably more than 25 air trips in her life time but this is the first time she has had to do fly by herself. And of course, there are problems. She is still sitting at the Akron airport (3 hours now), waiting for her delayed flight. Which means she will miss her connection. Never fear, Mom always has a backup. Detroit airport has a connecting Westin hotel to which I have award points, so an overnight stay is possible - or she can catch the Michigan Flyer that is a shuttle bus from Detroit to East Lansing MI, about sixteen miles from our home. So plane to bus it is. All will work out.

Way to go with the manager. I am a firm believer in polite complaining. I think that brings forth results far more than kicking and screaming - although I have met folks that will only respond to the kicking and screaming. Sadly...

Kate

Photos coming soon, I hope..... Waiting for Rob to have time to assist me with the upload. We thought it would be today but our daughter is flying home from college today, her first air trip alone and we had spent most of the day working out issues. She has been on, oh, probably more than 25 air trips in her life time but this is the first time she has had to do fly by herself. And of course, there are problems. She is still sitting at the Akron airport (3 hours now), waiting for her delayed flight. Which means she will miss her connection. Never fear, Mom always has a backup. Detroit airport has a connecting Westin hotel to which I have award points, so an overnight stay is possible - or she can catch the Michigan Flyer that is a shuttle bus from Detroit to East Lansing MI, about sixteen miles from our home. So plane to bus it is. All will work out.

Way to go with the manager. I am a firm believer in polite complaining. I think that brings forth results far more than kicking and screaming - although I have met folks that will only respond to the kicking and screaming. Sadly...

Kate

Oh my sorry to hear about your DD flight issues. Poor girl on her soul maiden voyage! That is great that you have multiple super Mom options for the lass. Hope she gets home safe for the holidays.

Hopefully you putting the manager in the picture about the club level will stop what happened to yourselves happening to others who stay there. Atleast you got your points refunded. Did you receive further communications from Disney about what they did to fix it.

Thank you for your comments one of the reasons I always give feedback is so that it can prevent others from having a bad experience. I am not out for compensation but it was nice! No I wonder if they did ever change club!

Sarah is home "now", as of 30 minutes ago. Her flight never got out yesterday. Luckily we have a Hilton credit card and Hilton points and were able to put her up in a Garden Inn, with airport shuttle, very near the airport. Downside was she needed to be back at the airport at 4.30 this morning. Dad got up at 4:00, called to make sure she was catching the shuttle. Yes. And then after arriving at the airport - the flight was again delayed .... until ~ 6.00pm tonight, arriving in Detroit late, needing to overnight in Detroit then continuing on to LAN "tomorrow". Dad finally had had enough and decided to drive over and pick her up (just a four-five hour drive but iffy in winter weather - which is why we decided to fly her home for the winter break...). Yesterday's delay was fog, this morning it was ice and too many people to try to put on the "later planes".

Next year she is taking the Greyhound. :)

Edited: "The Greyhound" is a long distance bus system here in the US.

Kate

Sarah is home "now", as of 30 minutes ago. Her flight never got out yesterday. Luckily we have a Hilton credit card and Hilton points and were able to put her up in a Garden Inn, with airport shuttle, very near the airport. Downside was she needed to be back at the airport at 4.30 this morning. Dad got up at 4:00, called to make sure she was catching the shuttle. Yes. And then after arriving at the airport - the flight was again delayed .... until ~ 6.00pm tonight, arriving in Detroit late, needing to overnight in Detroit then continuing on to LAN "tomorrow". Dad finally had had enough and decided to drive over and pick her up (just a four-five hour drive but iffy in winter weather - which is why we decided to fly her home for the winter break...). Yesterday's delay was fog, this morning it was ice and too many people to try to put on the "later planes".

Next year she is taking the Greyhound. :)

Edited: "The Greyhound" is a long distance bus system here in the US.

Kate

Oh my trains , planes and automobiles! That was nice of Dad to drive. Indeed re the Greyhound. Jo used this once to go from NY to Maine when she taught in a Summer Camp in her youth. Glad that your DD is home!

Brrrr, it is cold here in Michigan. Although it is getting warmer. I think I have figured out how to post photos, much easier than the olden days when you had to go through an outside service. I still have not figured out how to resize. I am sorry if the photos are too big. Also, they are rather grainy, I had to snap them quickly with my mini-pad before she became bored with me and disappeared.

Kate

Josie around age 30.

Josie cropped photo.jpg

Josie age 90.

josie resized 2.jpg

josie resizes 1.jpg

Josie resized 3.jpg

Josie rsized 4.jpg

Brrrr, it is cold here in Michigan. Although it is getting warmer. I think I have figured out how to post photos, much easier than the olden days when you had to go through an outside service. I still have not figured out how to resize. I am sorry if the photos are too big. Also, they are rather grainy, I had to snap them quickly with my mini-pad before she became bored with me and disappeared.

Kate

Josie around age 30.

View attachment 211070

Josie age 90.

View attachment 211075

View attachment 211080

View attachment 211076

View attachment 211081

Thank you so much for these photos these are fabulous! I love seeing Josie then and now. Isn't your Mom sweet! It is funny putting together a card and wrapping chocolate and then seeing her open it. Kate I did a silly thing I did not take a note of Josies address. I meant to put it in our book for next time. Can I have it again? She might like an Easter treat!

Hi Polly,

For some reason I'm not getting alerts for updates to this thread! As you know I've been really busy , and just suddenly thought I wonder if Polly finished her TR!! So I went searching, and here you are nearly finished!!
I love how you go to the loo and end up with extra DVC points ( and you totally deserved them! xx)

Claire xxx

Hi Polly,

For some reason I'm not getting alerts for updates to this thread! As you know I've been really busy , and just suddenly thought I wonder if Polly finished her TR!! So I went searching, and here you are nearly finished!!
I love how you go to the loo and end up with extra DVC points ( and you totally deserved them! xx)

Claire xxx

Thanks Claire oh yes it is that busy time of year and add a birthday crazy town! I know I should have rest room breaks more often. Might come back with a DDP! If only.. Thanks for reading.

So we continue...

We then decided to go and get showered in Shirley and Paul's room. They had kindly left us a room key at DVC reception. They had gone to EPCOT for the day. We decided to get them a gift to express our thanks. We decided as they liked wine on the Cinderella wine stopper. We have one at home I got for Jo. As I forgot to take a photo of theirs here is ours..

image.jpeg
We got the key from reception , spied the glorious penguin fountain and the lovely CM that originally checked us in came rushing to speak to us. She wanted to know did we enjoy the decaf pods she had put in the drawer for Jo to use with the new coffee machine. She did not know we never got that room or we had been moved. Oh we missed the friendly staff! Two other CMs said Welcome home... We could cry! Our beloved Disney home.

We found their room and they had kindly left us towels, cookies and tea/coffee out. We showered and lucky the shower here has not much step. Oh the studio room! We felt robbed of our stay.

We left a note and the gift and made our way back to get the car from valet. With Disney deluxe resorts disabled permit holders get valet parking for free which is very cool.

Jo asked for the car and after we tipped them we started our drive to MCO. Parting is such sweet sorrow!

We like to have something to eat before getting on the plane so we returned the rental car and ate at McDonald's at the food court. Also scoring a carvel ice cream soft serve because they are amazing. Then through to security and waiting at the gate.

The flight took off on time and it was cold on the flight. We watched some movies I watched Jungle Book again.

After nearly 9 hours we were over the UK...

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Jo took this of me when I was catching 40 winks just before we landed.... Lol... I am in there!
image.jpeg

When we had landed we waited for my chair and rollator to be brought to the plane door. Jo went to check after a while coming back a little white like Ghost host..

Oh my Polly she says Virgin Atlantic have mangled your powerchair!

Suspense music and pan to adverts...

Oh no, at the suspense at the end! How nice of you to leave the Cinderella wine stopper, that is so cute!

So I spent the first half of my December trip stopping in every shop that "said" they had the Lumiere ornament only to be told it was sold out across the board. The Shop Disney Parks App showed it at a number of places and I tried each one listed at DS, MK and DHS. Oh and EPCOT. Anyway I eventually found it at the Christmas Shop in MK, despite the parks app showing they had zero! LOL. It's super cute, was already monogrammed with 2016, and is on my tree.

For proof (because of the ordeal I went through to find it, might as well post some photos haha)

IMG_9554.JPG

Oh no, at the suspense at the end! How nice of you to leave the Cinderella wine stopper, that is so cute!

So I spent the first half of my December trip stopping in every shop that "said" they had the Lumiere ornament only to be told it was sold out across the board. The Shop Disney Parks App showed it at a number of places and I tried each one listed at DS, MK and DHS. Oh and EPCOT. Anyway I eventually found it at the Christmas Shop in MK, despite the parks app showing they had zero! LOL. It's super cute, was already monogrammed with 2016, and is on my tree.

For proof (because of the ordeal I went through to find it, might as well post some photos haha)

View attachment 211203

Yeah love the ohoto thank you! I am so pleased you got your holiday Lumiere I love that it is monogrammed also. I picked up one without and Jo noticed the 2016 ones and grabbed one. I was glad she spotted them! Thank you so much for posting. Twin ornaments!

Oh no! A cliffhanger!

Sorry you were robbed of your studio. So nice of them to let you use the shower before your flight.

It was nice of them thank you. I will update the next bit as quick as I can. My arthritis decided to flare despite just having my monthly injection. Does Fran ever find sometimes the med doesn't seem to work sometimes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter