Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

Well, I'm super happy that the BOG dinner was nice for you, but kinda sad that 1. you didn't see the inside of Trader Sam's. It's a fun place! 2) There was so much rain. 3) Things were closed up when you returned because you REALLY needed a warm drink!

I adore your goblet/mug a lot! I haven't even opened my Tiki yet since my trip. I need to do that!

Thank you! Yes next time we must see the real deal at Trader Sam's. The goblet is great. When you do get out yoir Tiki mug it will make you smile. Have a Tiki Christmas theme!

Your Christmas decorations look so lovely and festive, Polly! So cheery - and I love that you have multiple trees scattered around! Great idea!

And I think Cogsworth may prefer that his mantle stay illuminated year-round ... it just looks perfect!

Thank you for reading. That is kind words about our decorations and trees. I think I may resist when Jo goes to remove the lights from the mantle after Christmas!

All caught up!! Sorry your birthday evening was so wet, but dinner sounds wonderful. Love BoG! I also got a goblet :) They used to have these gorgeous wine glasses at the shop and I bought ONE (rolls eyes). Well DH broke it not a month later and I have yet to find them again, so I bought myself the light up goblet as a consolation prize, but love it just the same.

Glad you're able to ride 7DMT, it's a great one!! Too bad you didn't see the inside of Trader Sam's. You'd get a kick out of the antics in there! Any plans to head to DL? DL is so wheelchair friendly being all at one place, and their Trader Sam's is really fun.

Love the Christmas decorations! Have you seen the Disney Tsum Tsum one? That's what I got my 4 year old and she is loving that one.

What an inspiring story you have! Following along...

Welcome! Glad to have you join us!

All caught up!! Sorry your birthday evening was so wet, but dinner sounds wonderful. Love BoG! I also got a goblet :) They used to have these gorgeous wine glasses at the shop and I bought ONE (rolls eyes). Well DH broke it not a month later and I have yet to find them again, so I bought myself the light up goblet as a consolation prize, but love it just the same.

Glad you're able to ride 7DMT, it's a great one!! Too bad you didn't see the inside of Trader Sam's. You'd get a kick out of the antics in there! Any plans to head to DL? DL is so wheelchair friendly being all at one place, and their Trader Sam's is really fun.

Love the Christmas decorations! Have you seen the Disney Tsum Tsum one? That's what I got my 4 year old and she is loving that one.

What a shame about your wine glass. Nice compensation prize though.

We have been to DL but not for many years. We would like to go back but it is a long flight from the UK. It's hard for me to do long flights now.

No I haven't seen the Tsum Tsum sounds very cute thank you! Nice of you to read along.

Thank you Polly and Jo for sending a holiday card and candy to Mom. She was so surprised and pleased. She took her card to the senior center to show all her friends, telling them, "It is from friends in England". Then she called everyone she could think of to tell them she received a card and candy from England. What a hoot, it reminded me of a young child's excitement. I will post photos as soon as I figure out how. :crazy: Rob (spouse) said he would help me this weekend.

Kate

Sorry for the delay. My health has not been kind to me.

Sunday 2nd October - Final day/Flight day

So today was our final day in the sun, a glimpse of that Disneyness and the Grand Floridan. After first and sulky second breakfast Jo kindly finished the packing. We kept out clean clothes for later and some toiletries for showers in Paul and Shirley's DVC studio later.

It was a nice morning....

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Jo rang valet parking and got our car delivered to the front of reception. They loaded our bags in the car and we set off for Disney Springs. We are able to check our bags and check in for our airline here just in front of Cirque du Soleiu. Very handy to get boarding passes and get rid of everything but hand luggage!

After that we decided to look around Disney Springs stores for the last time this vacation then head to the beloved Earl for lunch.

We spied these lovely treats...one of each please....

image.jpeg

After we had a nice lunch and a good snoop. We headed back to the Grand via Twistee treat. We had to say goodbye right! It was then I was to see Michael one of the managers as I was coming from the DVC pool..

Coming up..Michael foolishly asks me with a grin on his face 'So how was Club at Sugar Loaf...' Polly did not keep her view to herself. He he he.

I hope you are feeling better now.

The treats look delicious. I always get a candy apple to eat back at the hotel. I can't bite into those things. I need a knife.

My health has not been kind to me.

I am sorry that you have been unwell.

We are able to check our bags and check in for our airline here just in front of Cirque du Soleiu.

I wondered if they were still doing this with all the work that had gone on at Disney Springs.

Coming up..Michael foolishly asks me with a grin on his face 'So how was Club at Sugar Loaf...' Polly did not keep her view to herself. He he he.

Oh, oh. I think I can sense fireworks.

Corinna

I hope you are feeling better now.

The treats look delicious. I always get a candy apple to eat back at the hotel. I can't bite into those things. I need a knife.

Thank you. My issue is my medication is a monthly injection that I had to delay due to an infection. It takes time to catch up once again as it is accumiative.

I know a sure way to loose teeth those apples! I say to Jo no wonder that wicked witch has teeth missing...

I am sorry that you have been unwell.

I wondered if they were still doing this with all the work that had gone on at Disney Springs.

Oh, oh. I think I can sense fireworks.

Corinna

Yes cartoon style steam coming out from each ear!

Thank you for reading ladies.

I was starting to worry about you Polly. I have really enjoyed your trip report and your humor is always spot on and fun. I am glad you are on the mend. I hope you stay well for the holidays.

I can't wait to hear about you sharing your opinion about Club Sugar Loaf.

Nice that you can get rid of your checked bags and not have to worry about them until you get to your home airport.

I hope you really let that manager know. That place did not sound at all welcoming!

Thank you. My issue is my medication is a monthly injection that I had to delay due to an infection. It takes time to catch up once again as it is accumiative.

Ugh! We know all about this, well Fran does. I hope that your medication kicks back in soon and you feel better!

I was starting to worry about you Polly. I have really enjoyed your trip report and your humor is always spot on and fun. I am glad you are on the mend. I hope you stay well for the holidays.

I can't wait to hear about you sharing your opinion about Club Sugar Loaf.

Thank you for your kind words. Thank you for reading so far!

Nice that you can get rid of your checked bags and not have to worry about them until you get to your home airport.

I hope you really let that manager know. That place did not sound at all welcoming!

Ugh! We know all about this, well Fran does. I hope that your medication kicks back in soon and you feel better!

I bet Fran knows the dril re the meds. I often think of her.

I am working on my reply to the manager by the pool. It is funny really when a person expects a praised resonse 'oh club was delightful' but that does not occur. The shock on his face...my flagship hotel..

Sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues! Hope you are better soon!
Can't wait to hear how you made out with the manager...

Sorry to hear that you were experiencing issues! Hope you are better soon!
Can't wait to hear how you made out with the manager...

Thank you! I am just nursing a nose bleed and a migraine when that is over I will plug on with my story..

Hi Polly!

Sorry for the delay. My health has not been kind to me.

I saw on FB that you weren't quite up to snuff! You poor thing! I hope things have turned a corner for you and you're feeling better now!

Oh my!! Now this certainly sounds quite interesting! LOL!

Final day continued..

So I left you as we just returned to the Grand. We went to sit by the DVC pool. I got up to go to the rest room. I was just starting to be able to walk short distances on my rollator for a long time. I couldn't go far but I was enjoying some time out of my chair. Later in the day the legs don't want to work at all. I was showing off my limited mobility announcing to Jo I was going to the rest room all by myself...

On the way back Michael one of the managers that had seen us and knew about our situation from the Villa's to Club stopped me. He asked me if we were pleased with the club upgrade and the poor guy was grinning like the Cheshire cat.y

Realising this manager was a nice guy and it was not his fault I gave my reply in a constructed way. I kept calm and just said how it was. First of all ( starting with the positive ) the room was nice. Not our DVC unit we like but a good sized room. However the noise from the laundry next door was not my idea of a nobel peace prize. Then there is club.. I explained how we just got off a weeks conceirge DCL cruise and how fabulous that was. Then having stayed at AK club which is second to none. Plus some offerings elsewhere in the world. Sugar loaf I said was very poor. I would want my money back had we paid.

He was shocked and asked why.

The staff were rude, aloof and cold I said. They packed up before times they were due to. No explanation of how it worked, nobody spoke to us. The only good thing was the food and drink selection. But we did not enjoy being in there one bit.

He could not believe what he was hearing. He was appalled. My flagship hotel he said! He would do a full scale investigation this was not acceptable at all. You could see he was cringing. He said in light of the experience would I expect his apology again and let me refund our DVC points for those 2 nights. I said that wasn't the reason I was telling him but not being dumb I accepted.

Back from the rest room Jo said you were a while I was starting to worry. I asked her would she like to stay again at VGF next year? We don't have the points she said we can only do it every other year Polly. Ta da! I just had a very productive rest room stop I explained. Jo was now grinning like a Cheshire cat...

image.jpeg

I leave you for 5 mins she says....nearly at the end folks...

Well done on getting the points refunded. At least he was a good manager and knows about good customer service!

I hope he was able to fix the aloofness of the staff.

Well done on getting the points refunded. At least he was a good manager and knows about good customer service!

I hope he was able to fix the aloofness of the staff.

Thank you he was a good manager but there was an issue with the refunded points when we got home. I will explain later!

I am hoping those Club staff got a good training session following the managers investigation. It was really not the Disney way at all let alone a hotel of this standard and price!

Hopefully you putting the manager in the picture about the club level will stop what happened to yourselves happening to others who stay there. Atleast you got your points refunded. Did you receive further communications from Disney about what they did to fix it.

Thank you Polly and Jo for sending a holiday card and candy to Mom. She was so surprised and pleased. She took her card to the senior center to show all her friends, telling them, "It is from friends in England". Then she called everyone she could think of to tell them she received a card and candy from England. What a hoot, it reminded me of a young child's excitement. I will post photos as soon as I figure out how. :crazy: Rob (spouse) said he would help me this weekend.

Kate

That is great news it arrived! I am so pleased she was delighted with the card and candy I would be thrilled to see the photos please!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest