Are We Crazy? We totally LOVE Saratoga Springs!!

Was also wondering about the Tree houses, is that a good choice for bigger groups?

Was also wondering about the Tree houses, is that a good choice for bigger groups?
We find them perfect for traveling with a young family (4 adults total; 2 small children). Know that the bunkbeds in the 3rd bedroom are kinda small ... favoring young children.

What we especially love is that the Treehouse layout offers lots of privacy for our "two household" group. My husband and I take the master bedroom on one side of the unit and the family (2 adults, 2 children) take bedrooms 2 and 3 on the other side of the unit. The kitchen and living room separates to the sides ... providing a common area w/out tripping over one another.

That said, we will never use it to full occupancy (9). Our "group" traveling policy is that every household gets its own bathroom and nobody sleeps in the living room / common area.

We love Turf Club. One time we were not staying at SSR and were at Disney Springs but none of the restaurants there appealed to us. We took the boat over and had a delish meal at the Turf Club.

On our last visit we stayed at SSR and I loved how accessible DS was. Sadly there were so many other things about SSR that we missed out on - even though we stayed there for 2 weeks!

I do agree this resort is better for those who enjoy long walks. It is a longish walk from DS back to SSR and vice versa. Although we had no issues even with my 3 year old niece. That said, the internal buses work fine and sometimes we used that instead of walking across the resort.

(9). Our "group" traveling policy is that every household gets its own bathroom and nobody sleeps in the living room / common area.
Excellent policies. I will keep the bathroom one in mind for when my DD gets a family of her own or if our extended family wants to stay with us. And in the last few years, my family's sleep schedule is so different that one bedroom rentals keep us all sane and happy. DH is up at 4 a.m. so he likes to crash on the sofa and have the room free so he can turn on lights, watch tv, turn on his computer, etc. without feeling like he's disturbing the rest of us. The days we rented a studio, he left to go to the main building when he woke up -- quite a hike in the dark! So, yeah.
We love Turf Club. One time we were not staying at SSR and were at Disney Springs but none of the restaurants there appealed to us. We took the boat over and had a delish meal at the Turf Club.
Yassss! We walked around Disney Springs and checked out some restaurants (and prices!). Decided to return to our newly beloved Turf Club! We chuckled about that because reviewers I read had posted comments like "why would anyone eat at the Turf Club with all the options at Disney Springs?" Um delish food at a reasonable price? And a lovely, old world, peaceful atmosphere?
Sadly there were so many other things about SSR that we missed out on - even though we stayed there for 2 weeks!
Me too! As my daughter pointed out, it just gives us a reason to go back! I'm hoping, saving, planning on next year (fingers crossed).

We find them perfect for traveling with a young family (4 adults total; 2 small children). Know that the bunkbeds in the 3rd bedroom are kinda small ... favoring young children.

What we especially love is that the Treehouse layout offers lots of privacy for our "two household" group. My husband and I take the master bedroom on one side of the unit and the family (2 adults, 2 children) take bedrooms 2 and 3 on the other side of the unit. The kitchen and living room separates to the sides ... providing a common area w/out tripping over one another.

That said, we will never use it to full occupancy (9). Our "group" traveling policy is that every household gets its own bathroom and nobody sleeps in the living room / common area.

Thanks, might have to give that a try one of these times.

We own at OKW but frequently stay at SSR when we have grandkiddos with us. I choose it because of the pools for them. I always request the Grandstand area simply because it's the first bus stop. We always drive so the sprawling nature of the resort is not an issue for us. I don't know why it doesn't get more love either.

Hi does the boat from DS that is located close to the movie theater go to SSR close to the Turf Club?

Hi does the boat from DS that is located close to the movie theater go to SSR close to the Turf Club?
The boat that departs from there is a red flagged boat, and it is internal to DS. It will take you to the dock by Jock Lindsey’s, where you get off and transfer to a blue flagged boat, which goes to SSR.

The boat that departs from there is a red flagged boat, and it is internal to DS. It will take you to the dock by Jock Lindsey’s, where you get off and transfer to a blue flagged boat, which goes to SSR.

Thanks, I'm assuming that the blue flagged boat take you to the boat launch close to the Turf Club? Is there only one boat launch from SSR? Thanks for your help! :flower1:

We feel the same way. Our DD7 loved the pools and having Disney Springs right there is awesome. After the hard goods refurb it will be even better.
Thanks everyone for the great reviews of SSR! After thinking long and hard, my wife and I made a resales offer for 210 points, and while we wait for ROFR ($99/point seems right near the edge!?!) I’m already getting add-on-itis. We are in our 50’s with grown kids, and have done Theme Park Commando many times already. The relaxing atmosphere sounds great for evening walks, restaurants/shopping at Disney Springs, enjoying a spa day, and what seems like the longest jogging route among the resorts. Economically, SSR also seems to be most sensible, if we can use our relatively inexpensive points to check out other properties. Especially looking forward to Aulani.

I have a new appreciation for Saratoga Springs as well. I used to value the closeness to a theme park, and I do still love the Boardwalk/beach club area, but I LOVE the Disney Springs area now. I generally drive to parks anyway, and I am a walker, so the walk to Disney Springs in great for me. When I am not staying there, but visit Disney Springs, I generally take a walk around SS during my visit. I agree with the best jogging. The area around treehouses is fun to jog/walk. I used to love the jogging opportunities at Wilderness Lodge, when you could go along the beach trail to the campground, I really miss that!!! I own at Vero (only stayed there once) and Boardwalk (lots of time there).

The only thing I don't like about SSR is that you have to take a bus to all of the parks and we've had hit-and-miss luck with the buses (though I know buses are hit and miss from everywhere). Otherwise, I really enjoy SSR. It really is a beautiful location.

There are some great posts on this thread.

We’re new to DVC but had rented a couple times and SSR was our first intro into a deluxe resort. The majority of our trip was at Pop but we found some awesome flight prices to arrive a day early, and who can say no to getting to WDW a day earlier?? Anyways, being last minute we decided why not try dvc rental and since it was a few weeks out SSR was the only option. Didn’t really have any idea about it other than it’s DVC and we could see it from DS. We didn’t arrive until about midnight after a flight delay and waiting around for luggage and everything else. We were exhausted and pretty disappointed that we weren’t really going to get to see SSR. Uber dropped us off and it was like a ghost town. We had checked in online and figured what the heck, we’re Disney pros and we can find our room. About 30 seconds into our walk a CM drove up on a golf cart seeing us with luggage in tow. Without a doubt he knew better than we did that we were about to be dragging luggage on what would’ve been a mile walk to our room. It was way out there and we were really thankful to see his willingness to help.

Unfortunately, we didn’t get much time at the resort other than sleeping but I’ll admit we plan to go back. Even though it was midnight, the grounds seemed so peaceful and relaxing. The pond we went over had a little bit of fog which was eerie and calming at the same time. When I heard SSR was getting a refurb, I immediately thought that this place was about to move way up on the list of must stay places. I think a lot of people with, or wanting, contracts at SSR will be even happier with how it all looks when finished. I can’t wait to be back!

How do you know? Which building? TIA

Congress, building with 1101 to 1436 villas in it empty and signs up saying construction workers only. Part of car park also blocked off with consttruction items. Someone posted up Facebook photos.

I reported before it was starting 16 June, as this had been confirmed by management.

OKW was finished last week internally, and I suspect the contractors are just moving over, but don’t know that for sure.

Wow...this was great to read. DH and I are staying there in Sept if the waitlist doesn't come through and TBH I was dreading it a bit. I was there once shortly after it opened and it was alright but it only had one restaurant and that was lackluster at best. Definitely feeling better about staying there now.

Wow...this was great to read. DH and I are staying there in Sept if the waitlist doesn't come through and TBH I was dreading it a bit. I was there once shortly after it opened and it was alright but it only had one restaurant and that was lackluster at best. Definitely feeling better about staying there now.

This will be a 2 or 3 years job. I'm not even sure they'll finish the first building by this September, I'm sorry.

This will be a 2 or 3 years job. I'm not even sure they'll finish the first building by this September, I'm sorry.

They’re reportedly blowing thru AKL pretty quick with simila type changes. I still don’t think they’re going to take more time to redo a resort than it took to build it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter