Are there PORFQ Rooms That Aren't WC accessible But

All of the non handicap rooms have bath tubs, so no benches in the shower. We have never stayed in a handicapped equipped room so I can not say if they have benches or handheld shower heads.

There is a special phone number in the disABILITIES FAQ that can help with specific requests like handheld showers and seats in Post 7

Special Reservations Line: (407) 939-7807

I recently had hip surgery and was worried about needing special accommodations and while I haven't gone on our trip, yet, but I called and talked to a wonderful CM who was able to make notes regarding my need for a handheld and a tub transfer seat for our split-stay. She also put some special requests for our Illuminations Cruise to make it easier for FIL who has had knee surgery and myself to get onto the boat.

They can also try to get you a non W/C room that has hand rails for getting in and out of the tub/shower, and other things that might assist you on your trip. HTH!

Have hand held shower heads and/or benches?

I was in a room that had a hand-held shower head and bench, but I don't think it was wheelchair accessible. This was in Partierre Place at POR. What I found interesting was that the room was on the second floor. It was very close to the elevator, but in case of fire, you can't use the elevator.

I was in a room that had a hand-held shower head and bench, but I don't think it was wheelchair accessible. This was in Partierre Place at POR. What I found interesting was that the room was on the second floor. It was very close to the elevator, but in case of fire, you can't use the elevator.

I have discovered many people can walk or do stairs but still need assistance devices like tub seats and handheld showers. For instance, I had hip surgery a month ago and will be down to a cane and an ECV as needed. I do stairs everyday but do to my hip restrictions cannot sit in a tub and was advised not to stand in a shower as the risk of slipping is high and would prove extremely problematic for my hip.

I'm just grateful disney can accommodate!!!

You can ask to have a regular HA room with tub and grab bars, when you get to your room, call housekeeping, they will bring in a tubseat.

We requested on the room reservation to have a handheld shower head and they installed it after we checked in, took 5 minutes. Only problem was that we checked in at midnight and maintenance didn't get to the room until 2am after some problem over at Epcot. From then on, we checked in at an early time and they were able to get it installed much earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter