Are there any dvc benefits/ discounts on a cruise?

MrsJobba1

Dvc owner at BWV & SSR
Hi I saw a thread about carrying your dvc membership card in order to get benefits? I didn’t realise there were any?

What dvc benefits/ discounts are there?

Thanks

Free lanyard and magnet, 10% off on photo packages and merchandise (if buying more than 50$ in the stores) and a rebate on spa treatments on port days. They also organize DVC members-only receptions.

Free lanyard and magnet, 10% off on photo packages and merchandise (if buying more than 50$ in the stores) and a rebate on spa treatments on port days. They also organize DVC members-only receptions.

Hello - is that on all cruises? or just DVC cruises? Do I need to tell my TA to note that on my reservation to get the free lanyard and magnet?

Going on my first DCL cruise in June & was going to buy us lanyards & magnets for the door.

Hello - is that on all cruises? or just DVC cruises? Do I need to tell my TA to note that on my reservation to get the free lanyard and magnet?

Going on my first DCL cruise in June & was going to buy us lanyards & magnets for the door.

No need dvc knows your coming for the lanyard and magnet.

Last edited:

The lanyards are useful. If you’re planning on decorating your door with magnets, you will need to bring your own. What DVC provides is one magnet that looks like a ship's wheel and says welcome home.

It is on all cruises. On both our 7 nt cruises we also got DVC hats. They put a magnet on your door--we saw a lot of the magnets on deck 2 (where our room was) during our Baltic cruise this past summer. Lanyards were great on our first cruise. Our last cruise the DVC folks had just arrived on the ship and hadn't unpacked them yet and were late putting the magnets on door as well. Our first cruise we got lots of stuff...second cruise we got the magnet and the hats. They had 2 member events on our last 7 nt. First one is the 'soft sell' one, they offered free drinks and raffled off stuff, including $200 in OBC. The second event was a 'member mingle', just free drinks (1 type of alcoholic, 1 non-alcoholic and Evian bottles)--DH and I just sat and relaxed with some drinks for the hour and grabbed some water bottles to take with us. They do check your names off the list when you enter both events. If you're not on the 'list' of DVC members, then stop by the DVC desk with your member card.

After we checked in at PC, we went over to the DVC booth and picked up our lanyards. I believe our DVC memgership was also noted on our KTTW card, as well as the Disney Visa for the discounts.

It is on all cruises.

If you're not on the 'list' of DVC members, then stop by the DVC desk with your member card.

Yes, DVC gives out small goodies and event invitations on all cruises. It wouldn’t hurt to have your travel agent mdntion DVC on your reservation. If your KTTW card doesn’t say DVC, you can stop by the DVC desk in the terminal (if there is one) or an a deck overlooking the atrium onboard (Deck 3 on the Magic/Wonder) to make sure you are on the list.

So, a silly question. Do they automatically put the DVC magnet on the door? For resale people too? I just purchased my first contract resale, but I haven’t told my parents because I know my mom would not approve (even though it’s my money, but it’s complicated). We’re doing an Alaskan cruise together next year, so it probably would be best if a DVC magnet doesn’t just show up on the door! I haven’t noted anywhere on the reservation that I’m DVC but it is the same account/email address so I don’t know if they just know anyways?

So, a silly question. Do they automatically put the DVC magnet on the door? For resale people too? I just purchased my first contract resale, but I haven’t told my parents because I know my mom would not approve (even though it’s my money, but it’s complicated). We’re doing an Alaskan cruise together next year, so it probably would be best if a DVC magnet doesn’t just show up on the door! I haven’t noted anywhere on the reservation that I’m DVC but it is the same account/email address so I don’t know if they just know anyways?
Yes, they will put them on for resale people too. Lol, well, you could tell her they must have put it on the wrong door or some kid moved it as a prank.

Thanks everyone! What a nice extra perk to expect! I was planning on going to one of the DVC events (I saw it on a prior navigator). Will now look to go to both :)

Even if you don't go to the DVC events, you can always stop by the DVC desk to get some goodies. Last year we got some nice water bottles that says DVC in the Fantasy and DVC hats from the Magic (2 for each stateroom).

I believe our DVC memgership was also noted on our KTTW card, as well as the Disney Visa for the discounts.

Just to clarify this comment for others - membership info is linked to your onboard "profile", and shows up for the crew when you tap your KTTW card on a card reader, it's not physically printed on the KTTW itself :)

Great info. We are going on our first cruise in June too and we’re gonna get lanyards.

We haven't gotten the lanyards are last couple of cruises, do you have to stop at the DVC desk to get those? This last cruise I didn't show up to pick up our free gift until Day 6 of the cruise and becuase I was already wearing the DVC hat they were giving out, we didn't get it. Not to self, don't wear DVC give aways when going to get a DVC give away.

We haven't gotten the lanyards are last couple of cruises, do you have to stop at the DVC desk to get those? This last cruise I didn't show up to pick up our free gift until Day 6 of the cruise and becuase I was already wearing the DVC hat they were giving out, we didn't get it. Not to self, don't wear DVC give aways when going to get a DVC give away.
Yes, you have to stop at a DVC desk. We got them for our first cruise (and were very happy to have them!) Second cruise when we stopped by the DVC desk, they had just arrived on the ship and hadn't unpacked anything yet--so we didn't bother asking for lanyards the next time we stopped by as we already had Silver Castaway ones from checkin.

Oops, that's too bad about the hats! On our 2nd cruise, last summer on the Magic, they scanned one of our keys before giving us the hats. We had to ask for 4 hats as the kids weren't with us when we stopped by the desk later in the cruise, but they did give them to us without any hassle!

Just to clarify this comment for others - membership info is linked to your onboard "profile", and shows up for the crew when you tap your KTTW card on a card reader, it's not physically printed on the KTTW itself :)

So they have this info because my cruise sign-in is the same as my DVC sign-in? And it doesn't matter that I used a TA to book?

On another note - I met an ex Disney VP this past weekend. She suggested I call my DVC rep to try to get some concierge-like service for port adventures and\or reservations onboard - seeing as its our first cruise - and I need to wait to book everything (is it March 31 yet? :) )

Has anyone ever done this? I am thinking of just waiting it out - my DVC rep has changed many times - I have no idea who it is at this point......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter