Are there any dvc benefits/ discounts on a cruise?

So they have this info because my cruise sign-in is the same as my DVC sign-in? And it doesn't matter that I used a TA to book?

On another note - I met an ex Disney VP this past weekend. She suggested I call my DVC rep to try to get some concierge-like service for port adventures and\or reservations onboard - seeing as its our first cruise - and I need to wait to book everything (is it March 31 yet? :) )

Has anyone ever done this? I am thinking of just waiting it out - my DVC rep has changed many times - I have no idea who it is at this point......

I'm pretty sure your sales rep can't do that. They don't have access to DCL onboard booking stuff. That's kind of an odd suggestion.

There are hundreds of thousands of DVC owners and if all of them got special perks for their first cruise putting them ahead of platinum and concierge cruisers there would be heck to pay!

I'm pretty sure your sales rep can't do that. They don't have access to DCL onboard booking stuff. That's kind of an odd suggestion.

There are hundreds of thousands of DVC owners and if all of them got special perks for their first cruise putting them ahead of platinum and concierge cruisers there would be heck to pay!

That is exactly what I thought. I wasn't even complaining about it - I just thought it was odd that as a first time cruiser, you seem to be penalized in getting last licks, so to speak.

I'm sure we'll be happy with what we get tour wise (and more concernedly - Palo). After all the positive reviews on the Palo brunch - it's kind of on my "have to do" list.

I'll be heading straight to the reservation desk when we board :)

That is exactly what I thought. I wasn't even complaining about it - I just thought it was odd that as a first time cruiser, you seem to be penalized in getting last licks, so to speak.

I'm sure we'll be happy with what we get tour wise (and more concernedly - Palo). After all the positive reviews on the Palo brunch - it's kind of on my "have to do" list.

I'll be heading straight to the reservation desk when we board :)

Well someone has to be last and people who have spent 10x what you did have first crack. I think that is fair, lol. That said most reports indicate that they purposely hold back a ton of availability to book on board and I've never seen anyone report being denied after boarding.

So they have this info because my cruise sign-in is the same as my DVC sign-in? And it doesn't matter that I used a TA to book?

Correct :) Disney has everything linked together behind-the-scenes. I've taken 5 cruises since joining several years back, 4 of which have been booked through a TA, and they've had everything linked without me having to do a thing.

Can I still attend the member events & receive the magnet and lanyards even if I have a resale contract?

When I booked my cruise for next year I booked thru dcl not thru dvc will I still get a welcome home magnet just curious

When I booked my cruise for next year I booked thru dcl not thru dvc will I still get a welcome home magnet just curious
The new magnet(s) are not the round welcome home. It's a square made up of small magnets. It was so unwelcoming that I tossed it. Even before that, I had to go to the DVC desk and ask for my welcome home magnet (it wasn't on the door). He hands me the "new" magnet, the square one. I looked at it puzzling, said thank you and walked away. It's brown with sayings on it. This was Jan 10-17, 2020 Dream.

The new magnet(s) are not the round welcome home. It's a square made up of small magnets. It was so unwelcoming that I tossed it. Even before that, I had to go to the DVC desk and ask for my welcome home magnet (it wasn't on the door). He hands me the "new" magnet, the square one. I looked at it puzzling, said thank you and walked away. It's brown with sayings on it. This was Jan 10-17, 2020 Dream.
Thank you I just seen it I prefer the old round one, I think I’ll do the same and just toss it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter