• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are Minnie Vans available for all resorts yet?

I don't know if this counts as breaking Disney's rules or not, so feel free to delete this post, but-

This video from Emma (BookishPrincess on YouTube)

explains that you don't technically have to be a guest of the resorts where this is offered in order to get it set up. You just have to go to that resort, speak to someone at bell services, and get them to initiate it for you on the app. Then once you have it, you have it forever and can call cars to your heart's content. I don't know if the CM will ask for proof that you're staying there- they apparently didn't ask her.

We're staying at POR in November and have a breakfast at Chef Mickey's and another at 1900 Park Faire and I don't want to bother with buses, plus we need two car seats so I don't want to bother with regular Uber/Lyft, so this is exactly the type of service we're looking for. However, that's basically what everyone else is using them for (resort-to-resort for breakfast, in addition to using them to avoid buses and get out of the parks quickly after fireworks) and anecdotally, I've heard that it can take quite a while to get a car early in the morning. Maybe they've expanded the fleet as they've rolled it out to more resorts, but if not, the buses still need to be a backup plan.

I don't know if this counts as breaking Disney's rules or not, so feel free to delete this post, but-

explains that you don't technically have to be a guest of the resorts where this is offered in order to get it set up. You just have to go to that resort, speak to someone at bell services, and get them to initiate it for you on the app. Then once you have it, you have it forever and can call cars to your heart's content. I don't know if the CM will ask for proof that you're staying there- they apparently didn't ask her.

We're staying at POR in November and have a breakfast at Chef Mickey's and another at 1900 Park Faire and I don't want to bother with buses, plus we need two car seats so I don't want to bother with regular Uber/Lyft, so this is exactly the type of service we're looking for. However, that's basically what everyone else is using them for (resort-to-resort for breakfast, in addition to using them to avoid buses and get out of the parks quickly after fireworks) and anecdotally, I've heard that it can take quite a while to get a car early in the morning. Maybe they've expanded the fleet as they've rolled it out to more resorts, but if not, the buses still need to be a backup plan.
Yeah, my plan is to use Minnie Vans to get to/from MK and AK in the mornings/evenings and to/from Disney Springs. Primarily want to use them for MK though because of the drop off point - I'm perfectly ok taking Lyft/Uber otherwise (but don't need car seats).

There are lots of reports of this on all the various threads on the service. No rules being broken, so no worries
However, there are also reports of people being told no if they are not guests of the resort.
Bottom line is you can't count on it unless you are a guest at a participating resort. So smart to have a back up

Do we have any new intel on whether they will service POP or any values? Curious for January when we won't have a car with us.
I did quiz my drivers a lot about this last week
No current plans to expand further for now.
Not until more cars and drivers are added. No active date for either

Gotcha, thanks!

Follow-up question for anyone (or I'll take a referral number or email to find out): Does anyone know if they will charge double for transport of 2 ECV's?

(sorry for all the questions--Mom is coming off of an unsuccessful knee replacement and Dad is still in the fight of his life with stage 4 of the big C word, so I'm trying to plan WAY ahead for their peace of mind)

I guess I asked the wrong question then. Since this was discussing Minnie Vans specifically, I made an assumption and should not do that.

More specific question to you.
Did you take a van that looked like this?
minnie-van-disney-1.jpg

Or a regular personal vehicle?
No. just a regular van. we never used the app but the driver did start the ride distance with his cell so I figure it was Lyft.

What are your thoughts on getting a Minnie Van around 6:15/6:30 am at AKL to go to MK for a 7 am open?

Any recent reports on using Minnie Vans? Sounds like some people have a good experience and some others have trouble finding a van when they need it.
We used it 4 times last week. 3 times for rope drop when we didn't want to be standing squished on a bus and once after fireworks from MK. The first time we called one because the AK rope drop bus hadn't come in quite a while (our friends had been waiting 25 min when we We had to keep refreshing the app the one morning but later discovered it was because it was just before 6:30 and they don't start picking up until then.
What are your thoughts on getting a Minnie Van around 6:15/6:30 am at AKL to go to MK for a 7 am open?
they do not start until 6:30 unless something changes (we were told this last week) so you can't connect to a driver until then. The lot they keep the vehicles in is in the Disney springs area so I suspect you'd prob be looking at possibly getting a van by 6:45 being over at AKL assuming you match with one right at 6:30 when they start. Might be better to plan on the early MK bus.

Definitely not Lyft. You must call for an Uber or Lyft through the app.
it may have been a private company like Elite. All I know is on our second or third day, (can't remember exactly) the bus line was crazy! When we walked out the whole boarding area was packed so I walked up to the man standing at the counter where they unload your luggage and asked him if they had a cab and he walked over to a guy hanging out at the side of a white van. He came over to us and said he could take us. When we got in he said where to? I said Universal ... he said okay. I said wait! I meant Hollywood studios and he laughed and said okay. Off we went. It was around $20.00. We then used the same service 3 more times. Once more to HS then twice to AK. He used a mileage counter on his phone mounted on a holder on the dash. All I know for sure is we will always use private transportation to those 2 parks. It's way faster and way more comfortable.

We used it 4 times last week. 3 times for rope drop when we didn't want to be standing squished on a bus and once after fireworks from MK. The first time we called one because the AK rope drop bus hadn't come in quite a while (our friends had been waiting 25 min when we We had to keep refreshing the app the one morning but later discovered it was because it was just before 6:30 and they don't start picking up until then.

they do not start until 6:30 unless something changes (we were told this last week) so you can't connect to a driver until then. The lot they keep the vehicles in is in the Disney springs area so I suspect you'd prob be looking at possibly getting a van by 6:45 being over at AKL assuming you match with one right at 6:30 when they start. Might be better to plan on the early MK bus.

oh wow - such helpful info. maybe with a 7 am opening they will start driving earlier? i'll inquire when we get to the resort. thanks!

oh wow - such helpful info. maybe with a 7 am opening they will start driving earlier? i'll inquire when we get to the resort. thanks!
We actually used it to go to MK for EMH at 7 am last week-I couldn't figure out why I wasn't seeing any Minnie vans when I first looked and was going to head to the bus stop-thought they were all in use but then at 6:30 they suddenly appeared in the app. We stayed at BWV which is pretty close to Disney Springs so it only took them a few minutes to arrive once they connected at 6:30

No. just a regular van. we never used the app but the driver did start the ride distance with his cell so I figure it was Lyft.
it may have been a private company like Elite. All I know is on our second or third day, (can't remember exactly) the bus line was crazy! When we walked out the whole boarding area was packed so I walked up to the man standing at the counter where they unload your luggage and asked him if they had a cab and he walked over to a guy hanging out at the side of a white van. He came over to us and said he could take us. When we got in he said where to? I said Universal ... he said okay. I said wait! I meant Hollywood studios and he laughed and said okay. Off we went. It was around $20.00. We then used the same service 3 more times. Once more to HS then twice to AK. He used a mileage counter on his phone mounted on a holder on the dash. All I know for sure is we will always use private transportation to those 2 parks. It's way faster and way more comfortable.
Ah, ok. Then that's something totally different.
Not a Minnie Van, the subject in this thread, and not a Lyft or Uber either.
Just some random private driver. Personally, not something I'd ever do. You haven't a clue what background check they've had, insurance they have, license, etc. I'm glad it worked for you but as a warning to other readers, may not be a smart idea, even if someone from Bell Services directed you there. I'm willing to bet it's not something they are supposed to be doing either.

Ah, ok. Then that's something totally different.
Not a Minnie Van, the subject in this thread, and not a Lyft or Uber either.
Just some random private driver. Personally, not something I'd ever do. You haven't a clue what background check they've had, insurance they have, license, etc. I'm glad it worked for you but as a warning to other readers, may not be a smart idea, even if someone from Bell Services directed you there. I'm willing to bet it's not something they are supposed to be doing either.
I'm pretty sure if it wasn't safe, Disney wouldn't let them sit at the resort front door waiting on a fare. But we will be looking forward to using the Minnie vans when we return in September!

wow, I am not planing 20 for anything but a Minnie van, uber and lyft is not going to be 20 normally. I am sorry you just had a normal van for 20 seems like the guy was sitting there and hoping for a fare.

wow, I am not planing 20 for anything but a Minnie van, uber and lyft is not going to be 20 normally. I am sorry you just had a normal van for 20 seems like the guy was sitting there and hoping for a fare.
You may be surprised.
During our trip last week it appeared to me that Lyft has raised their fares. Most all our rides, in the base vehicles, came dang close to $20 once I added in a tip. Much closer than our August trip. And this was without any Surge prices (or whatever name Lyft gives to it)
I was surprised. And just used Minnie Vans in some cases instead. Some of the advantages they have are worth the $5 more I paid

I'm pretty sure if it wasn't safe, Disney wouldn't let them sit at the resort front door waiting on a fare. But we will be looking forward to using the Minnie vans when we return in September!
Disney may not have known they were there. Officially. That's all I'm saying. It could have been a buddy of some bell services CM that was sitting around because that buddy let him. That doesn't mean Disney let him. And I'm not saying that is what it was either. I'm saying I would never get in a car that wasn't arranged through a service because I don't know that the driver has been vetted in any way. Others are obviously free to do so if they wish. But it won't stop me from giving a word of caution to any who choose to do so to make sure they realize what the situation is. You don't know, that's all I'm saying. A driver arranged with Lyft/Uber/Minnie Vans, you do.

Are Minnie Vans the ONLY taxi/car service that brings you to the same place as the Disney buses?

Are Minnie Vans the ONLY taxi/car service that brings you to the same place as the Disney buses?

For MK, yes.

For other locations, like AK, the drop-off location of Minnie Vans (back of bus lot) is much worse than a regular Lyft/taxi/uber/etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter