Are Minnie Vans available for all resorts yet?

My kids are 5 and 7. Would they need boosters in either the Minnie Vans or regular Lyft/Uber/etc during our visit?

Legally, no - safety-wise, yes. Kids that age won't fit properly into adult seat belts (which doesn't change just because Florida has the weakest passenger safety laws in the nation - unfortunately!) If you don't want to shell out for a Minnie Van, you could always pick up something like a Bubblebum and just tote it with you.
Legally YES for the 5 yo. NO for the 7 yo. Safely, yes for both.
I 2nd the suggestion of a Bubblebum for both. We had one for DGD and it was great. Just store it in a locker if you don't have a stroller with you.
Uber offers a service that includes 1 car seat, but you must request it at the time you request a car, they don't have them in all vehicles. And it has an added cost
Minnie Vans will have 2

We arrive at Disney on Wednesday (finally!) and are heading to BOG for a pre-park open breakfast Thursday morning. Current plan is to use a Minnie Van, but if one isn't available will Uber/Lyft drop us off at the entrance gate to Contemporary so that we can walk over?

We arrive at Disney on Wednesday (finally!) and are heading to BOG for a pre-park open breakfast Thursday morning. Current plan is to use a Minnie Van, but if one isn't available will Uber/Lyft drop us off at the entrance gate to Contemporary so that we can walk over?
At the gate? No
At the CR entrance or even the parking lot area just past the gate? Yes.
At no time can they drop you in the lane of traffic. They must have a place to pull off, like a parking lot

At the gate? No
At the CR entrance or even the parking lot area just past the gate? Yes.
At no time can they drop you in the lane of traffic. They must have a place to pull off, like a parking lot
I guess I meant the area just past the gate. Been a few years since we were dropped off there and all I recall is it was close to the guard shack/intersection.

I guess I meant the area just past the gate. Been a few years since we were dropped off there and all I recall is it was close to the guard shack/intersection.
If you mean the parking lot that is on the left past the gate but before you get to BLT, then yes they can drop you off in the parking lot. That's pretty much the first place once you enter CR property that you can be dropped. No where else is safe for a car to stop

If you mean the parking lot that is on the left past the gate but before you get to BLT, then yes they can drop you off in the parking lot. That's pretty much the first place once you enter CR property that you can be dropped. No where else is safe for a car to stop
I actually don't remember exactly where he dropped us. I do know that we did not go past the gate into the resort area though.

I actually don't remember exactly where he dropped us. I do know that we did not go past the gate into the resort area though.

I can't fathom where that is unless it's right in the road where cars travel. Surely you didn't get out of a car in the road where cars go by? Not saying a driver wouldn't ever try to do it but I sure as heck wouldn't get out of a car there.
See here, circled the guard shack.
Could be dropped off at one of the 2 X's, whichever is easier for the driver to pull off and out of driving/moving cars.
AF5CA2DE-2CAE-4AFC-8A39-B959C897D7AA.jpg

I can't fathom where that is unless it's right in the road where cars travel. Surely you didn't get out of a car in the road where cars go by? Not saying a driver wouldn't ever try to do it but I sure as heck wouldn't get out of a car there.
See here, circled the guard shack.
Could be dropped off at one of the 2 X's, whichever is easier for the driver to pull off and out of driving/moving cars.
AF5CA2DE-2CAE-4AFC-8A39-B959C897D7AA.jpg
I think he dropped us off right in the intersection where the walkway crosses the road. It could have been at one of the X's, but I was pretty sure we didn't go past the guard gate, since we weren't guests and didn't have reservations. But I could be wrong. Will they let a cab driver past the gates just to drop off? It was a cab at the time, and must have been 5 years ago.

I think he dropped us off right in the intersection where the walkway crosses the road. It could have been at one of the X's, but I was pretty sure we didn't go past the guard gate, since we weren't guests and didn't have reservations. But I could be wrong. Will they let a cab driver past the gates just to drop off? It was a cab at the time, and must have been 5 years ago.
Sure, you aren't required to have a reservation to go to a resort. Disney loves for guests to visit the resorts, maybe you'll decide to stay there next time. All the driver has to say is I'm dropping guests off, they show their ID and you are waved in.

In May, my friend and I tried to get dropped off at Contemporary very early in the morning and the guard would not let us through the gate without an ADR reservation or hotel reservation. Uber then took us to the TTC.

Still hoping for Minnie Van's to start driving BEFORE 6:30....any hope for Jersey Week coming up???? We are at AKL and want to be at MK before 7 am.

In May, my friend and I tried to get dropped off at Contemporary very early in the morning and the guard would not let us through the gate without an ADR reservation or hotel reservation. Uber then took us to the TTC.
Curious. I guess that can happen based on the guard but I've never been refused without an ADR or staying there (or at any resort). There are various reasons to visit a resort without either and as long as you aren't parking there, the guards allow guests in. Maybe he just didn't understand the driver was only dropping off?

This is where we have been dropped off as well. Just last year. So it does happen.

Thanks for the good catch! Egg on my face... FL has updated their laws since last time I looked. Awesome!
They still have a long way to go. I still can't fathom that their age for no car seat or booster is so young!

Can you still use regular Lyft on property? I am only one person and feel bad potentially tying up a vehicle a larger family could use. (I don't do Uber for various reasons.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter