Are Minnie Vans available for all resorts yet?

We intended to use it and were signed up for it as we stayed at Wilderness Lodge last week. We summoned what we thought was a “Minnie” van (Lyft) but got a regular Lyft car and driver to take us from the Lodge to Disney Springs. We were surprised and happy to find our charge was only $7.25 vs the $20 the Minnie van would have charged. The driver was at our door within just a couple of minutes, too. Curious as to whether anyone else has had this happen.

We intended to use it and were signed up for it as we stayed at Wilderness Lodge last week. We summoned what we thought was a “Minnie” van (Lyft) but got a regular Lyft car and driver to take us from the Lodge to Disney Springs. We were surprised and happy to find our charge was only $7.25 vs the $20 the Minnie van would have charged. The driver was at our door within just a couple of minutes, too. Curious as to whether anyone else has had this happen.

Are you intimately familiar with the Lyft app? I can see how it would be pretty easy to call a regular Lyft by accident given the way it first pops up with ride options.

You do have to specifically select “Minnie Van” amongst the other ride options. The “Minnie Van” option is at the bottom of the list.

Are you intimately familiar with the Lyft app? I can see how it would be pretty easy to call a regular Lyft by accident given the way it first pops up with ride options.

You do have to specifically select “Minnie Van” amongst the other ride options. The “Minnie Van” option is at the bottom of the list.
I agree. You have to scroll to the last vehicle type on the list and select Minnie Van. If you just open the app and initiate a pick up, it won't be a Minnie Van. Otherwise, if you are certain you scrolled down and choose Minnie Van and you didn't get one, then no, that never happened. The request should go to a totally different system when you opt for Minnie Van, so a regular Lyft driver can't pick up the ride instead.

We used Lyft when we were at the Contemporary to go to HS and AK. We never opened an app. There was a van outside 4 different mornings and all I did was ask the bell guy, can you get me a car? less than a few minutes and we were off. total about $20 each trip with tip and no wait.

We used Lyft when we were at the Contemporary to go to HS and AK. We never opened an app. There was a van outside 4 different mornings and all I did was ask the bell guy, can you get me a car? less than a few minutes and we were off. total about $20 each trip with tip and no wait.
So how did you pay? Cash?

So how did you pay? Cash?
Yes. I do believe they take credit but we carry a small amount of cash just in case we need it. The drivers were all nice and loaded our stroller in the back for us. For HS and AK it beats waiting 30 minutes for a bus!

would love to see it expand by Christmas time. I would love to take this one my bday to Ohana for dinner.

Yes. I do believe they take credit but we carry a small amount of cash just in case we need it. The drivers were all nice and loaded our stroller in the back for us. For HS and AK it beats waiting 30 minutes for a bus!
Your's is the first report of this. All word so far is the only way to use it is to use the Lyft app. So either you got someone working off book or there's been a policy change. I got a business card from a driver last week. I'm going to contact and see what I can learn.

Your's is the first report of this. All word so far is the only way to use it is to use the Lyft app. So either you got someone working off book or there's been a policy change. I got a business card from a driver last week. I'm going to contact and see what I can learn.

If the total was "about" $20 each trip, they didn't take a Minnie Van.

Well, maybe not an official ride but there's not doubting if you get in a Minnie Van or if you don't. You can't confuse the cars

They said they used Lyft (but without an app and arranged by the bell guy). They didn't mention a Minnie Van. (They did say "van").

I guarantee you Minnie Van drivers would not accept "about $20 including tip". They don't accept tip and the ride is exactly $20.

They said they used Lyft (but without an app and arranged by the bell guy). They didn't mention a Minnie Van. (They did say "van").

I guarantee you Minnie Van drivers would not accept "about $20 including tip". They don't accept tip and the ride is exactly $20.
I guess I asked the wrong question then. Since this was discussing Minnie Vans specifically, I made an assumption and should not do that.

More specific question to you.
Did you take a van that looked like this?
minnie-van-disney-1.jpg

Or a regular personal vehicle?

Last edited:
I used the Minnie Van Service in September while staying at the Boardwalk villas. Does anyone know if it will still come up in my Lyft ap when I go in November if I am staying at Saratoga Springs or if you have to sign up each time you are staying at a participating resort.

I used the Minnie Van Service in September while staying at the Boardwalk villas. Does anyone know if it will still come up in my Lyft ap when I go in November if I am staying at Saratoga Springs or if you have to sign up each time you are staying at a participating resort.
Once the Minnie Van option has been enabled, it will stay enabled.

Yes. This is what we did. Once you have it, you have it forever (or as long as it's offered) and you can use it no matter where you stay. Well, provided it's a Disney resort. As I posted several times, we were able to use it as a guest of SSR last week because we had stayed at BWI in August.

Any recent reports on using Minnie Vans? Sounds like some people have a good experience and some others have trouble finding a van when they need it.
Thought I'd comment on this question
We used it about 5 times from 10/5 to 11. Only one time did we have any hiccups
One night, it was right near 9:00 and we were leaving BWI (so near Illuminations). Can't remember now if it had started or not, I'm thinking it had
I started a request and it looked for a vehicle and eventually timed out (I can't remember how long it searches, not more than 3, 4 min)
I started another request and that time, it matched us with a vehicle. So it didn't take long but did take 2 attempts.
There are so many coming/going that I figured if we didn't get one first attempt we'd get one soon since someone would be dropped off

What is the advantage of using a Minnie Van? I'm thinking for the relatively short distances, a regular Uber or Lyft would be cheaper. I'm sure I'm missing something . . . .

What is the advantage of using a Minnie Van? I'm thinking for the relatively short distances, a regular Uber or Lyft would be cheaper. I'm sure I'm missing something . . . .
Probably. This thread doesn't discuss the service in detail, other threads have.
Minnie Vans offer services that Uber/Lyft can not
Car seats
Access to areas Uber/Lyft can't access
ECV access
And if you use XL/Plus, the cost is really very close. In other threads I've given what we paid, with tip, for our XL/Plus rides around property and they are within a few dollars of Minnie Vans. Now, others may not tip as well as we do so your cost may not be as close as ours was.

Do we have any new intel on whether they will service POP or any values? Curious for January when we won't have a car with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts