Are Minnie Vans available for all resorts yet?

What time of day and where were you going to/from? I've seen others say it worked great for them and that they had almost no wait, but I imagine that once more people become aware of this service they'll take advantage of it. I'm perfectly ok using Uber/Lyft instead of Minnie Vans - less expensive and will get you to the same place, except for MK which is a bit tricky if not using Disney transportation.

We used them for 5 trips (8/25-8/29):

1. from beach club to MK for MNSSHP @ 4pm. We could request a car right away, and waited 15 mins.
2. back from MNSSHP to Beach Club @ 9:45 (before fireworks, kids were tired), many cars available, we waited 10 mins for one to arrive.
3. after a rainstorm from beach club to contemporary, @ 6:45pm. We had to refresh the app over and over. took 35 mins to get a car.
4. back from contemporary @ 10pm (after fireworks) to beach club. Again, had to refresh over and over. Took 20 mins to get a car.
5. to AK from beach club @ 8:00am. Had to refresh over and over to get a car, Waited 20 mins.

We didn't want to use Lyft because we needed two car seats... Minnie Vans is perfect for us, they just need many, many more cars. Even for the resorts they already have. A resort-wide rollout will require an enormous fleet. It's a very popular service. You'd see a Minnie van picking up or dropping off at beach club every 5-10 mins throughout the day.

Here is the screen we saw all too often, indicating no cars are available... (this was 8am trying to go from BC to AK):

IMG_1553.PNG

So I'm staying at Fort Wilderness campground and would love to get one of these for my parents to get them to AK one day. If I went over to WL to get an activation code, could I then order a car to pick up at a campsite at Fort Wilderness or would they have to go to over to WL to get picked up? Also can the vans accommodate a mobility scooter? It's the kind that packs up into the back of a car, but they would need help getting in and out.

So I'm staying at Fort Wilderness campground and would love to get one of these for my parents to get them to AK one day. If I went over to WL to get an activation code, could I then order a car to pick up at a campsite at Fort Wilderness or would they have to go to over to WL to get picked up? Also can the vans accommodate a mobility scooter? It's the kind that packs up into the back of a car, but they would need help getting in and out.

If your account is activated and there is one nearby, you will be able to request it.

They are not vans, they are Chevy Traverse SUVs. The two car seats take up the entire back "trunk" area. If you only had three people, I assume you could move the two car seats into the third row in the car and then use the trunk for the scooter. Otherwise, I cannot imagine there would be room. I was surprised how small the SUVs are. They should have gone with actual minivans...

Last edited:
If your account is activated and there is one nearby, you will be able to request it.

They are not vans, they are Chevy Tahoe SUVs. The two car seats take up the entire back "trunk" area. If you only had three people, I assume you could move the two car seats into the third row in the car and then use the trunk for the scooter. Otherwise, I cannot imagine there would be room. I was surprised how small the SUVs are. They should have gone with actual minivans...

Quick note: They are Chevy Traverse SUV's much smaller than Tahoe SUV's

Good to know, it would only be 2 adults and the scooter and that is it. My concern though is how they would get the scooter into the SUV, it folds up and comes apart but neither of them can really lift it that high..... maybe they should stick with the bus.

As for getting the code added to phones of guests who are not staying at the currently participating resorts, this is a YMMV instance. They MAY activate for you. They won't just do it for everyone. It's possible they'll tell you that they can not do it.

We used it in August, staying at BWI, and it was nice. As someone who doesn't need carseats I would only use it to MK at this point. Or HDDR if I was going to that. Places Uber/Lyft can't go. At AK you are in way worse shape using one, found out the hard way. They moved the drop off point to the end of the very last bus stop so you have the longest possible walk in and out of the park. I'd rather take Uber/Lyft and be right at the front by the tram. We didn't wait excessively long for it any time we used it. I guess we got lucky that there was never a time there weren't any available. Our longest wait was from BWI to MK after a huge severe storm, 10 min. We were going for HEA so it was late in the evening and our driver told us their staging lot had flooded, with water up to the middle of the rim on the vehicles. And that their work buildings are currently metal trailers so they couldn't even go in them during the thunderstorm.

Good to know, it would only be 2 adults and the scooter and that is it. My concern though is how they would get the scooter into the SUV, it folds up and comes apart but neither of them can really lift it that high..... maybe they should stick with the bus.
They do have some Minnie Vans that are different vehicles for handicapped access. ECV may be put on one of those instead of the Traverse.

What time of day and where were you going to/from? I've seen others say it worked great for them and that they had almost no wait, but I imagine that once more people become aware of this service they'll take advantage of it. I'm perfectly ok using Uber/Lyft instead of Minnie Vans - less expensive and will get you to the same place, except for MK which is a bit tricky if not using Disney transportation.

One morning we were going to bon voyage breakfast at 9.10 from GF and we were able to find one that had just dropped off in magic kingdom. However, when we were done with breakfast we tried to get a minnie van from the boardwalk at 10.30ish and after about 20 minutes gave up as nothing was showing up available.

Another morning around 8.45 we tried to get one to Epcot with no luck, however on our return trip from Epcot at noon we were able to get one.

It was pretty sporadic. I checked the app at other times as well out of curiosity and it mainly just seemed to be luck if one opened up when you were checking.

We took two Minnie Van's during our visit to WL during the last week of August and our drivers both said the service would eventually be rolled out to all resorts but gave no timeframe. They will definitely need to increase capacity with their fleet and staff. There were times we would have liked to take one, but they simply weren't available. We ended up in regular Lyft cars on those occasions.

We are going in Feb and are staying at Beach Club villas so guessing we can use them :) How did you book it? Did you do it like right before you needed it? Can you do it in advance? You use the Lyft app correct? I thought I read that like if I look for them like now on property not being in FL it wont show them but once I get to Disney and my map knows I'm there then they pop up? Can you get them to pick you back up at MK at night and bring you back to resort? We will rent a car so I am just looking to use it for when we go to MK :)

When you are due to arrive you will see a note like this on MDE
DFDC1332-DE14-480E-84E1-A6F9AC50B385.png

If you already have Lyft App, it will just include Minnie Van as a service option to your app. If you don't have the app, you will be prompted to download it
If you don't get this offer or have them include it manually at the resort you will not be able to use it, even if you are a guest at the resort. DH doesn't have MDE account or app on his phone. He was not able to use Minnie Van service on his Lyft app, only I was. We could have had them add it to his phone but didn't bother as it was on mine and we were not apart during our trip. But we did check, just our curiosity to see what happened when you didn't get the offer.

From there, you request it just like you do any regular car with Lyft, just picking Minnie Van as your vehicle service option.
You can not schedule them, them are on demand only
They pick up and drop off from Bus stop 11 at MK

When you are due to arrive you will see a note like this on MDE
DFDC1332-DE14-480E-84E1-A6F9AC50B385.png

If you already have Lyft App, it will just include Minnie Van as a service option to your app. If you don't have the app, you will be prompted to download it
If you don't get this offer or have them include it manually at the resort you will not be able to use it, even if you are a guest at the resort. DH doesn't have MDE account or app on his phone. He was not able to use Minnie Van service on his Lyft app, only I was. We could have had them add it to his phone but didn't bother as it was on mine and we were not apart during our trip. But we did check, just our curiosity to see what happened when you didn't get the offer.

From there, you request it just like you do any regular car with Lyft, just picking Minnie Van as your vehicle service option.
You can not schedule them, them are on demand only
They pick up and drop off from Bus stop 11 at MK

Thank you!! Good to know. I have MDE so it should show up once we arrive and if not we just ask the front desk? I am excited to try this out. I hope that we are able to get ones the days we need them for MK. Do you know how early they start?

Has anyone used this simply to go from park to park? I can see the value of using one at the end of the day to get back home. That's why we would tend to do a split stay to cut down on needed transportation.

It's been weeks and I'm still disappointed with the express bus stopping.
I just told my DD to change a FP for Everest to later in the day. I didn't want to go from the buses all the way to Everest and then FOP. I told her we'd just meet her at FOP. I was so looking forward to being dropped off deep in the park that day by the express bus.

What time do they start running in the morning? We have a tour scheduled at 8:00 am at MK (need to be there at 7:45) (January). We will be traveling from Animal Kingdom Lodge. Wondering how much time should be allow to make sure that we are at MK Main Street by 7:45 from Animal Kingdom Lodge? And do they drop off where the buses drop? If not, it might be best to go to Contemporary and just walk over?? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Has anyone used this simply to go from park to park? I can see the value of using one at the end of the day to get back home. That's why we would tend to do a split stay to cut down on needed transportation.

It's been weeks and I'm still disappointed with the express bus stopping.
I just told my DD to change a FP for Everest to later in the day. I didn't want to go from the buses all the way to Everest and then FOP. I told her we'd just meet her at FOP. I was so looking forward to being dropped off deep in the park that day by the express bus.
We used it to go from MK to AK.

What time do they start running in the morning? We have a tour scheduled at 8:00 am at MK (need to be there at 7:45) (January). We will be traveling from Animal Kingdom Lodge. Wondering how much time should be allow to make sure that we are at MK Main Street by 7:45 from Animal Kingdom Lodge? And do they drop off where the buses drop? If not, it might be best to go to Contemporary and just walk over?? Any thoughts or suggestions?
They drop off at Bus Stop 11
I don't know the Minnie Van hours, now that you ask. Not sure they ever came up. I don't think it was mentioned on the app either. I'm sure someone knows but it wasn't obvious.
Regular Lyft is available 24/7. With them you'd want drop off at CR for sure.

Getting back to Poly from MK - if the lines for boat/monorail look horrific, I think we will walk over to Contemporary and call an Uber from there to Poly - possible?

Getting back to Poly from MK - if the lines for boat/monorail look horrific, I think we will walk over to Contemporary and call an Uber from there to Poly - possible?
Possible? Yes. Will anyone want to make that short of a ride? Harder to answer. Maybe walk upstairs and hop on the monorail there instead?

I think the point of them not at Poly yet is because Poly is on the magic kingdom monorail loop. You have direct monorail access to epcot and magic kingdom by monorail and to mk by boat. They were offering the van service to deluxes with less transportation options first. I believe they may even offer to some Moderates before the MK deluxe resorts. WL only has boat to MK and sometimes that isnt an option so..... We stayed at BCV and used it so much a few weeks ago, all CMs were fabulous but it is pricey.

Possible? Yes. Will anyone want to make that short of a ride? Harder to answer. Maybe walk upstairs and hop on the monorail there instead?

If it's like Chicago they Uber/Lyft don't know where you are going until they start the ride. I'll tip well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter