Are economy trips possible?

We also sign up for every email/reward program - we have Mimi's, Red Robin, Landry's (RFC), Outback, Jamba Juice. And I buy discounted gift cards - check out giftcardgranny which shows where to buy cards and who has the best deals.
Mimi's eClub always seems to have a BOGO coupon and, even if you're not staying on Harbor Blvd., you could take a mid-day or dinner break over there. We also stock up on gift cards from the supermarket where we can get up to 4x gas points when we buy them. I'd add California Pizza Kitchen and Cheesecake Factory to the list. Another idea is to request gift cards for birthdays and holidays, not only for the local restaurants but Disney gift cards, as well, that can be used for souvenirs and snacks.

Check out Marriott.com and use the Corporate Code MMF - that's Marriott's Friends & Family code. I've never paid more than $140/night for the Fairfield Inn on Harbor - and it's SO CLOSE (you can see Space Mountain, the monorail ... and even fireworks!) from the hotel, so it basically feels like an on-site hotel to me. There's also a Panera and McDonald's in the parking lot on the short walk from the hotel to the park, so it's a great way to grab a filling (and cheaper!) breakfast on your way into the parks.

If you are set on staying in a Disney hotel, then under $3000 is not happening.

I priced out Paradise Pier for our trip and we are saving $1000 just by staying at the Hilton Anaheim. I totally get wanting to stay in a Disney hotel but if you've never been to DL, know that there's a huge difference between "on site" at WDW and at DL.

We are going during a super busy/expensive time (Memorial Day weekend) and our airfare for 3 from CO is $926.70, one-way bus from airport will be $40 (don't need it on the way back, family is driving us), our hotel is $459.83 for 4 nights, then we spur of the moment added an extra night elsewhere but everything was booked so that 5th night will be $155.61. I don't have the figure for our 4-day park hoppers handy but we're booking those through a website someone else mentioned in this thread. The tram to the parks from our hotel will be $40 total. So all that right there is $1622.14. Our 4-day park hoppers will be $600-ish I believe (our son is 2). So that's all over $2200 right there not including food/spending.

Last edited:

Check out Marriott.com and use the Corporate Code MMF - that's Marriott's Friends & Family code. I've never paid more than $140/night for the Fairfield Inn on Harbor - and it's SO CLOSE (you can see Space Mountain, the monorail ... and even fireworks!) from the hotel, so it basically feels like an on-site hotel to me. There's also a Panera and McDonald's in the parking lot on the short walk from the hotel to the park, so it's a great way to grab a filling (and cheaper!) breakfast on your way into the parks.

even if I don't have a friend or family member? believe me, I am all about saving!

even if I don't have a friend or family member? believe me, I am all about saving!
Check the terms & conditions of using that code. Looks like you need to have a form provided by the friend or family member who works for Marriott.

If you have patience and do your research, it's entirely possible! I have decided to take my daughter for her 6th birthday this year in lieu of throwing her a birthday party (I really hate throwing birthday parties) and it's actually going to be cheaper to take this trip, then a party would be! We found round trip airfare on United for $115 each from Houston to LAX. Yes....$115 each ROUNDTRIP and non-stop. TOTAL. There is a great website called Airfarewatchdog.com that will send you alerts when there are low fares to your destination. I am using Marriott points for our hotel room for 3 nights (however, I have used Priceline for Disney area hotels before as well and have done the name your own price option and was always assigned a good hotel in the Disney area. I have found a 4 star for as little as $55 a night before, but have averaged about $75/night for a 3-4 star). Bonus if you can find a place with free breakfast. The most expensive part of the trip will be the tix. We are going to opt for 2 days with the 1 park per day option. My Mom, who lives in Phoenix is going to surprise my daughter by just showing up. I did the same thing for my son for his 6th birthday 3 years ago. Birthday parties can easily be forgotten, but this trip will create memories that will last my daughter a lifetime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter