Are Christmas decos up at Thanksgiving?

deerh

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if the Holiday Decorations are up at Thanksgiving weekend or not? Am going down during the Thanksgiving weekend and was wondering if the deco's will be up at that time.
Thanks in advance!
deerh

I remember being at Disney a few years ago and they were just starting to put up the Christmas decorations a couple of days before Thanksgiving. So I would think that most of the Resorts would be decorated by the end of the Thanksgiving weekend! Have fun, that is a great time of year! :)

Thanks for the quick reply! Looking forward to WDW at the Holidays, as we have never been there at that time!
Thanks again!
deerh

I have a girlfriend who stayed at POR Thanksgiving of 2000. She told me that they went to bed on Thanksgiving with no decorations up and by morning the place looked like the North Pole! I'm guessing that the whole place is done by the end of the weekend.

Erin :D

Some of teh REALLY elaborate displays are not done until about a week after T-Day. The Gingerbread house at the GF, the chocolate amusement park at the BW, the Gingerbread stuff around the tree in the BC, etc. Psrt of the fun in the week after T-Day is watching the artisans build these displays.

Anne

Some decorations are put up after Thanksgiving, but you'll see plenty by Thanksgiving day. We arrived last year on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and were pleasantly surprised that it already felt like Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!