Arby's; yay or nay?

I've found it to be hit & miss. I haven't been to one in many years. The only one in our "area" (over an hour away) burned down in 2017 during the Tubbs fire.

edit to add: I just looked and apparently there is another one a little farther south.

I eat at Arby's two if not three times a month.

Half-Pound Roast Beef (no freaking sauce of any kind on it)
2 Chicken Sliders
6 Piece Mozzarella Sticks with marinara sauce
Large Curly Fry
Large Diet Coke, need to watch my figure, oh who am I kidding? Large Dr. Pepper.

Went for the first time in years 3 weeks ago. Smokehouse brisket. Very good. I swear the Arbys near us has been in some state of remodeling for 2 or 3 years, they are finally done.

If we are on the road and absolutely need something fast, that is one of our top choices. That and Wendy's or Waffle House. I stick to their basic roast beef sandwiches.

I love Arby's and the beef and cheddar with Arby's and horsey sauce. It's really good but very messy so I get it to go.

Hmmm. A former co-worker works in Seattle and Arbys is his favorite place. None in Seattle proper, but seems like every community around Seattle has one. https://locations.arbys.com/wa.html

Yes fast food places have a difficult time surviving in Seattle. They are closing a rapid pace. Their key customer base is getting driven out of the city due to increasing costs. Many are relocating to the suburbs where it is far cheaper to live. Sad that the middle class is getting absolutely hammered here by market conditions and unsympathetic local leaders.

Used to eat there all the time when I was younger, since there was one close to where I went to school. I love a classic roast beef with Arby's sauce! I haven't eaten there in a really long time though because I find it's becoming too expensive for what it is, and I'm not a fan of the new management at the closest location.

:cheer2: Big yay - it's just about my favorite fast-food because I don't like hamburgers. AFAIK there's only one left in the entire city though and it's at the far-end of town. I do make a point of stopping whenever we're down there.

We don't go often, but I like Arby's and just eat a regular roast beef sandwich with BBQ sauce and "horsey sauce" on it.

I was also surprised by the idea that they don't have any in Seattle. I think of Seattle as an area - more than just downtown. There are a ton of Arby's in the area. I think of Arby's like a McDonalds, etc. - convenient for road trips, not someplace you'd go for an everyday meal. They are commonly located at freeway interchanges, etc. The one I go to most often is at a truck stop half way between my home and my parent's home.

Last edited:
Not often but maybe once a month we'll pick up a beef and cheddar with curly fries for me. Had to cut back on it a bit due to the salt content.

Love Arby’s but as some have said there are none conveniently near me. If I do find one I go for the beef and cheddar with extra Arby’s sauce or I try whatever is the specialty sandwich of the season. I get sweet tea or the seasonal flavor shake.

I was also surprised by the idea that they don't have any in Seattle.

There are none in the City. They don't want to pay $100,000 a month in rent to rent space to open a restaurant. Plus most of the commercial space requires you sign a Triple Net Lease where the tenant has to pay all of the insurance, property taxes, and maintenance fees in addition to the rent. No way a new fast restaurant can generate enough revenue to make a profit.

I like it, but I don't go there very often. I absolutely love the Arbys sauce. I usually just order a roast beef and potato cakes instead of curly fries. The taste of the curly fries is fine, but I will hurt a lot later so I just don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter