APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

I'm so mad at myself because I went into my account and was going to order but figured I'd wait and see what the kids wanted. When I initially went in, everything was available and by the time I went back, nothing....I'm hoping they replenish their stock as my trip is after July 3rd

Okay, so we are leaving next week for our trip. We are doing a Disney/Cruise/Disney. I was able to place an order(I just needed 1 special band) the day the opened this option up. I ordered the pirate one. Long story short my order was canceled. I did get a phone call last week telling me it would not be coming and that they were sorry. That's it. Nothing else offered. Now I am reading that people have received credits to buy them from shop Disney and some were even given FP's HOW???? I was super nice on the phone I just said how I thought it was unfair that people with trips in Nov, Dec and Jan could get them, but not me. We are AP holders and DVC members and I just needed 1 band. Are people really getting all this stuff and how are they getting it? Who can I talk to?

Okay, so we are leaving next week for our trip. We are doing a Disney/Cruise/Disney. I was able to place an order(I just needed 1 special band) the day the opened this option up. I ordered the pirate one. Long story short my order was canceled. I did get a phone call last week telling me it would not be coming and that they were sorry. That's it. Nothing else offered. Now I am reading that people have received credits to buy them from shop Disney and some were even given FP's HOW???? I was super nice on the phone I just said how I thought it was unfair that people with trips in Nov, Dec and Jan could get them, but not me. We are AP holders and DVC members and I just needed 1 band. Are people really getting all this stuff and how are they getting it? Who can I talk to?

I got the credit, but I had to fight for it, and I'm not sure that I would have if I had been able to access my MDE magicband page to change to a free color or if I had been informed at some point that my order was out of stock (I did get the "order delayed" email last week, but today when she looked it up she said it had been switched over to gray bands). It was really pointing out that I would happily take an in stock free solid color if I could get past the 7 dwarfs technical error page to order them that finally got them to give me the credit - until that point they told me that I could switch from gray to an in stock solid color on MDE (ignoring that I had already said I couldn't so that due to the 7 dwarfs error), take the gray ones, or pay full price to order new ones myself from Shop Disney. I think they may be sticking with the "out of stock, sorry" line for anybody who is actually able to switch to a free one now.

The number is 1-800-328-0327 if you want to try to get the credit. I haven't heard of anybody getting FPs, though.

I got the credit, but I had to fight for it, and I'm not sure that I would have if I had been able to access my MDE magicband page to change to a free color or if I had been informed at some point that my order was out of stock (I did get the "order delayed" email last week, but today when she looked it up she said it had been switched over to gray bands). It was really pointing out that I would happily take an in stock free solid color if I could get past the 7 dwarfs technical error page to order them that finally got them to give me the credit - until that point they told me that I could switch from gray to an in stock solid color on MDE (ignoring that I had already said I couldn't so that due to the 7 dwarfs error), take the gray ones, or pay full price to order new ones myself from Shop Disney. I think they may be sticking with the "out of stock, sorry" line for anybody who is actually able to switch to a free one now.

The number is 1-800-328-0327 if you want to try to get the credit. I haven't heard of anybody getting FPs, though.
I saw about FP's on one of the Facebook pages. I will try calling this number. Thank you :)

Anyone know how often they are replenishing the stock? Should I just check the site everyday? We have 35 days left to order our bands. Trip is in August.

There's a new message when you call the MDE number saying that if you're calling about the premium magicband upgrade and your trip is after 7/3, you should wait and watch your email for information, but if it's before 7/3, you should hold for the next available cast member. My trip is 7/6, but I'm holding anyway because I'm still getting 7 dwarfs...I'll report back.
Interesting. We are leaving this Saturday for our June trip but our next trip is July 4-7. I will watch my email.

So I ended up being able to order upgraded magic bands through shop Disney at the $10 price. They just arrived today and all are correct. Just thought I would share my experience here. I wasn't expecting a response given others experiences, but I decided to write guest services a respectful email expressing my frustration that they rolled this out without any restrictions on ordering. (i.e., People with sooner trips get to order first.) We check in July 9th. This is what I wrote:

Hello,

I would like to give a suggestion regarding your recent policy of allowing Disney resort hotel guests to purchase upgraded magic bands for $10. My family has an upcoming package booked at Caribbean Beach Resort for check in July 9. (Confirmation number XXXXXXX.) We only have one week left to customize our magic bands and have been unable to order upgraded bands because they sell out as soon as stock is released. I'm seeing reports on Disney message boards and facebook groups of people with reservations months and months out being able to upgrade their magic bands and the bands being shipped immediately. I really think you should consider opening a window for ordering upgraded magic bands depending on when a guest's trip is. (For example, one month before check in, similar to the advanced dining reservation and fast pass+ system.) This will allow guests with trips coming up soon to have priority and I would imagine it will help keep stock up since allowing anyone with a Disney resort reservation, regardless of trip date, seems to be causing them to sell out immediately. Since we only have a week left to customize our bands, I think it's unlikely we will get to participate in this and my family of 5 is disappointed. We were really excited about this new option! I hope you will consider the points I've made and think about editing your policy to allow everyone access to this new feature.

Thanks,

SBD78

As it turns out, I got a call from someone at guest services later that day with the offer to purchase upgraded bands for $10 out of whatever available stock shop Disney had. (Excluding special edition bands.) I was given the phone number many of you posted about and heard the July 3rd check in message but waited to talk to a person. I got nowhere with the first person, she had no idea what I was talking about and told me there was no stock. So I called back the woman from guest services and she called shop Disney with me on the line to make sure they put my order through. That time it worked and we were able to order our upgraded bands! I'm really happy they came through and made it happen. Just thought I would post in case it can help anyone else.

Who do you email? We have a split stay beginning the end of June. I had about 15 days left to customize my first set of bands when the new system started. But was never able to upgrade because of the limited/no stock. I saw my options and waited to ask one of my girls which one she wanted. Then when I went to place the order, half the choices were gone. Of course later, ALL the options were gone. So we just got the solid colors, of which one set arrived today. And those colors are fine. But it does bother me that Disney is filling orders for trips that are months away, and can't do the ones for June and July. We are upgrading to AP's this summer, so we have a few more trips planned. My plan is to be patient and upgrade on the next trip, but it'll be much harder if this is still a problem in October.

Does anyone have any idea when they plan to restock? Maybe someone has some "inside info". haha!! ;)
We have 2 visits coming up (August first) and would like to have something different from what we already have.

Have the custom bands been back in stock within the last week? Last time I saw them in stock then gone was late May.

With our trip being Aug 1 and if they come back in stock by July 3rd, will I still be able to order the custom ones? Reason I ask is MDE says I only have 22 days left to customize. Maybe because I have not paid in full yet?

Just curious where you heard this date? :)
I was told it by a ShopDisney CM. It is also on the recorded message for ShopDisney. We have a trip planned next week and I was able to order through ShopDisney our upgraded magic bands for our trip and have them shipped to our resort. The CM said that they are working to restock and that the bands would be available online starting July 3.

There's a new message when you call the MDE number saying that if you're calling about the premium magicband upgrade and your trip is after 7/3, you should wait and watch your email for information, but if it's before 7/3, you should hold for the next available cast member. My trip is 7/6, but I'm holding anyway because I'm still getting 7 dwarfs...I'll report back.

The thing that is kind of annoying/worrisome about this is....yes my trip is after 7/3 BUT DME says I have to order within the next 16 days to have the bands shipped; otherwise I would have to pick them up at the resort. 16 days puts us at 6/24. So.....are they going to relax those dates because of this situation?

What I fear would happen is some of us wait till 7/3, the site goes haywire OR it goes out of stock very quickly again, then it will be too late to have the regular ones shipped. In my family, we all have plenty of MBs at home we can use. But, I know not everyone does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter