April Incentives - What Are Your Predictions?

That’s what I keep saying about the Poly Tower point chart too. Just because the BPK flip matched VGF, I would not assume the point chart will be the same (or even close)…though if they are making it the same association I think they will have a hard time charging much more for the standard view studios.

They won't charge more for the standard tower studio (watch them call it resort studio even though it won't have two beds like VGF) because there's no way the new tower studio has more sq footage than the current PVB studios.

However, it looks to me, like there will be many more premium view rooms. There's not that many Lagoon View rooms currently at PVB.

Maybe I'm just being hopeful, but so far, they've stuck to everything they've said and I don't think they are going to try rebalance or otherwise touch the PVB1 point chart and PVB2 will be comparable.

The tower design changed, but DVC always planned to have multiple phases at the Polynesian Resort. This has been in the works for years.

They won't charge more for the standard tower studio (watch them call it resort studio even though it won't have two beds like VGF) because there's no way the new tower studio has more sq footage than the current PVB studios.

However, it looks to me, like there will be many more premium view rooms. There's not that many Lagoon View rooms currently at PVB.

Maybe I'm just being hopeful, but so far, they've stuck to everything they've said and I don't think they are going to try rebalance or otherwise touch the PVB1 point chart and PVB2 will be comparable.

The tower design changed, but DVC always planned to have multiple phases at the Polynesian Resort. This has been in the works for years.
So you hypothesize that the bungalow point charts will remain the same?

Not that poster, but yes. DVC has no reason to change them at this point, even if they have legal authority, which some do not believe they can.

DVC doesn’t seem them as an issue because ultimately they do get booked, whether by cash or points.

Exactly. They also use them for internal use such as if a guest has a serious issues in their room and there's no other places to put them or there's a VIP there.

A few years ago, the person in front of me in line needed a handicapped accessible room and for whatever reason there wasn't one in working order, they upgraded them to a bungalow.

Not that poster, but yes. DVC has no reason to change them at this point, even if they have legal authority, which some do not believe they can.

DVC doesn’t seem them as an issue because ultimately they do get booked, whether by cash or points.
I’m fine with that…. They can be like our OKW…

A few days ago, I heard that there might be some great deals on OKW with the next round of incentives. Like better that last year with VGF. Although not sure if final price per point after considering length of contract (7 more years for VGF) and dues (VGF $2.30 less per point) will actually be better. But at least much better incentives based on getting $X off per point.

I was a little surprised because it doesn't seem like they've been taking much OKW lately to stick up on points to sell.

A few days ago, I heard that there might be some great deals on OKW with the next round of incentives. Like better that last year with VGF. Although not sure if final price per point after considering length of contract (7 more years for VGF) and dues (VGF $2.30 less per point) will actually be better. But at least much better incentives based on getting $X off per point.

I was a little surprised because it doesn't seem like they've been taking much OKW lately to stick up on points to sell.
Maybe they’ve been getting some contracts back from original owners who age out of Disney and default on dues and are foreclosed on instead of selling, pass away without heirs who want the ownership, etc. Remember that the minimum buyin the first few years was 230 points, so it wouldn’t take many defaulted original contracts to build up some stock.

Although not sure if final price per point after considering length of contract (7 more years for VGF) and dues (VGF $2.30 less per point) will actually be better.
The point charts are SO different. OKW is pretty easy to move to at 7 months for most room types, but it has incredibly cheap GVs, which are typically not as easy to snag at 7 months, so for most direct buyers I’d steer them away from OKW, but people who wanted to stay primarily in GVs, it’s a great value, discounted or not.

Tomorrow...tomorrow...will it be the day I finally buy direct...tomorrow...you're only a day away....fingers crossed for a very nice Riv incentive package!! :)

Resale only owner here who needs some good incentives to qualify for that Sorcerer pass - family of 5 :)
Good luck! I'd love a nudge to add some direct RIV points :idea:

Tomorrow...tomorrow...will it be the day I finally buy direct...tomorrow...you're only a day away....fingers crossed for a very nice Riv incentive package!! :)

Resale only owner here who needs some good incentives to qualify for that Sorcerer pass - family of 5 :)
As many others will inform you as well, unless you need to book soon and need the points now waiting right before your summer incentives comes out gives you the chance to cancel and possibly get a better incentive so don't rush if you don't need too.

As many others will inform you as well, unless you need to book soon and need the points now waiting right before your summer incentives comes out gives you the chance to cancel and possibly get a better incentive so don't rush if you don't need too.
Exactly. For the past couple of years the summer incentives have been really good compared to the rest of the year. If you can, it is best to hedge your bet and purchase a contract two or three days before the new incentive. That way you can cancel and re-purchase if the incentive is better.

Exactly. For the past couple of years the summer incentives have been really good compared to the rest of the year. If you can, it is best to hedge your bet and purchase a contract two or three days before the new incentive. That way you can cancel and re-purchase if the incentive is better.
I am in zero rush..have plenty of resale points and an incredipass this year already...so yes this is awesome advice!

I would say the current incentive of $22 a point off at 200 points is really good
The problem is that the base price is $225

What time do they usually update the special offers page?
Does anybody recall if they've published updated offers on 4/1 before?

I know for many companies, they avoid any announcements on April Fools Day, so I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't update/email until tomorrow, but I don't know the precedent here.

Does anybody recall if they've published updated offers on 4/1 before?

I know for many companies, they avoid any announcements on April Fools Day, so I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't update/email until tomorrow, but I don't know the precedent here.
The current offers are good through today, so I don’t expect any updated announcement before tomorrow.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter