April 28th Dream Bahamas Cruise

tinkslite said:
Okay, to give everyone an idea of my silly teen boys. :banana::banana:First, they are cheerleaders.:cheer2: DON'T START! Neither is gay.;) They love the odds in the sport (on the team that will be competing at Wide World of Sports right after our cruise there are 3 boys and 17 girls)!:thumbsup2 They also love to show off their amazing acrobatic and gymnastic skills.:worship:
The last "Aloha" competition we went to, my youngest spent the day walking around with a coconut bra and grass skirt over his uniform and a giant tropical frond hat on his head. :confused3Yes, there are pictures, No I have no idea how to post them.
They are silly, showy, competitive and fun. They are fiercely protective of their sister (with special needs), and love her unconditionally.:lovestruc They have volunteered on the Special Needs cheerleading team at our home gym, helping the cheerleaders there to learn motions and mild tumbling skills.
They've grown up on Disney, and my older son is considering the Disney College Program in a year or so (if he can get in). If you see one or both of them on the the ship they look alike. :dance3:They are tall (6' and 5'10" respectively), green eyed, curly brown hair (the color of simba or slightly darker). They are extremely likely to be upside down,:upsidedow or throwing a backhandspring in an inappropriate place (like a hallway).
My younger son was a nationally ranked artistic gymnast at one point (6 years in the sport). My older son was a regionally placed tramp & tumbling gymnast after only one competitive season. They've been cheerleading for 2 years, because they both felt there was more opportunity for college level sports in cheerleading than in gymnastics (they are correct about that).
They attend an online school, to make it easier to travel to competitions during season (January to May). :wizard:
Ok. That was more than anyone cared to know about "the boys." Just felt like doing a little "proud mom" bragging! Hope I didn't bore anybody!:littleangel:

Sounds like you've got some awesome kids!!

We'll have to get a group handstand picture! I was a competitive gymnast for 13 years (3 yrs as a level 10) before retiring my freshman year of college due to a fractured back that will never heal. After 13 years of gym, I'm still s gym rat...i teach pre-k at a gym here in anchorage that runs a day care and i coach the level 4 girls and pre team. They shouldn't have a problem getting college scholarships with their tumbling skills!!!

We can't wait to meet you guys !

Yahoo......Just completed my online check in ....71 days to go! The FE sounds fun. I emailed my DD that's at UNI to look it up when she gets a chance to see if she wants to join in. How long before its closed?

Yes! Only 71 days to go!! It's getting closer and closer!

Ok. So we left to go to breakfast immediately after my post about my crazy gym rat boys, and now my sweet girl is miffed as she only got a "mention.":duck: So this is about Jessica.;)
Jessica is also a cheerleader. :cheer2:She has high functioning autism.:scratchin Her first year of cheerleading was on a Special Needs team, but she did SO WELL that the coaches invited her to try a Senior Level 1 half year team this year, and......They won a national championship for their division last week! pixiedust:We are really proud of her!
She swam in the Special Olympics last year. Her freestyle and backstroke took her to the State Summer Games for SO, and she took a Gold and Silver medal there as well as helping her relay team take a silver medal! :sunny:
She loves all things Disney.:smickey: She is a Tinkerbell fan (it was a nick name for her for a while, sometimes I still call her tink). She has said that her goal on this trip is to get a photo of EVERY princessprincess: and to meet Tiana (as she never has, yet). She is a funny quirky mix of teenager and little girl. :upsidedow
Her Dad and I adore her. Her brothers are protective of her. We can't remember what life was like without her!:lovestruc

Nick (the youngest) was competing Level 9 when he switched over to the Cheerleading World. We live in Northern Nevada (the economy was hit hard here during the recession) and the coaching situation had really gone into a downward spiral. His bro and sis were already cheering so it was a natural trasition.
He misses it though. All of his friends are gymnasts. He doesn't relate well to people who cannot do a standing back tuck!
I am sure he'd love to hear more about your Level 10 and college competition experience, as well as what it is like to coach.
His biggest transition, this year, has been learning to work as a group and in synch on the floor. He loves the stunting though!

tinsklite--it sounds like you've got 3 wonderful kids! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on the cruise!

Speaking of the cruise....
we have an early port arrival time (10:30-11 I believe or whatever the earliest one is), but we'll be taking DCL transportation from the Poly so I think we'll actually get there around 12ish. I think the DCL transportation picks up resorts around 11ish, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

What are everyone's plans for pre/post cruise? I can't remember if we've already discussed it or not! Sorry if we have and I'm just being forgetful.

After the cruise we're heading to POR and WDW for 2 days, then we're heading to the Caribbean on the Fantasy.

What are everyone's plans for pre/post cruise? I can't remember if we've already discussed it or not! Sorry if we have and I'm just being forgetful.

Well prior to the cruise the family are getting together with the rest of my clan to celebrate a cousin's wedding. The wedding will bring over 100+ members of family from around the globe. (my dad was from a family of 12 kids). And since my wife has never been to Florida we'll just do a cruise. Next time time and finances willing we'll do WDW.

Tinks-thanks for sharing about your kids. They sound great. My oldest who is 21, but not cruising with us because she has finals that week danced for years and we went to many competitions.

tinsklite--it sounds like you've got 3 wonderful kids! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on the cruise!

Speaking of the cruise....
we have an early port arrival time (10:30-11 I believe or whatever the earliest one is), but we'll be taking DCL transportation from the Poly so I think we'll actually get there around 12ish. I think the DCL transportation picks up resorts around 11ish, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

After the cruise we're heading to POR and WDW for 2 days, then we're heading to the Caribbean on the Fantasy.

We have a 1130-1200 PO time, and since we live about 2 hours away we will be driving up that morning, Mickey will be calling to talk to Olivia who has no idea we are going on a Disney cruise.

tinsklite - Awesome kids!!!! Looking forward to see them bouncing around the ship! I couldn't do the Aqua ride on the Fantasy's but kinda of regret it so I am going to try to work myself up for it this time .....

In past we have always stayed at Port Orleans but this time it is more of an adventure. We are hauling our trailer down to Fort Wilderness Disney Campground for a few days before and a few days after. Husband just officially retired end of March and we are heading out of here first week of April and making our way down slowly, visiting his sister in SC and scooting over to AL. Our Daughter is arriving a few days before the Cruise when she finishes her Uni exams. We plan to play in Disney for a day or 2 then we are off to the ship!!!!

Oh and so looking forward to going, Husband is out plowing snow now. We got dumped on this weekend, big time, probably a good 2 ft of the stuff and high winds. Hes making sure we have access to the trailer just in case!!

Haven't signed up for FE yet just want to confirm Daughter will help with deliveries......

Anyone dressing up for pirate night? Both of my kids have costumes, but I'm still on the fence about whether me and hubby will join in.

Tamara.

shoediva said:
Anyone dressing up for pirate night? Both of my kids have costumes, but I'm still on the fence about whether me and hubby will join in.

Tamara.

We will be dressing up! Our son (who will be turning 4 right before the cruise) LOVES Jake & the Neverland Pirates, so I am going to make him a Jake costume. I am thinking about making hubby and myself costumes of the other pirates maybe, but whatever I decide we will be dressed up to some extent :)

hamm1207 said:

We aren't doing anything special before or after. We are driving down the day before (from Atl area) & driving back right after. We picked a port arrival time of 1-1:30 - wanted to make sure MIL had plenty of time in the morning, LOL :)

We're getting in around 9am the day before. We are going to stay at poly and do magic kingdom. After the cruise we are stay at POR and staying for 2 days before catching the Fantasy.

We will sort of dress up for pirate night.

We get in the day before around 9:30am. We're staying at the Poly that night and spending the day at MK. After the cruise we're heading to POR for two days then heading out on the Fantasy the 4th.

We normally dress up for pirate night but this time we're going easy on the dress up and just wearing pirate tshirts and bandanas.

My wife and I will be on the cruise. Celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary with out KIDS!!!!

This is our second cruise and very much looking forward to it. Especially since we are to have a second snow storm in as many weeks here in Michigan. I'm ready for some hot weather along with some sun, sand, and surf.:beach:

Pete

DaPanMan said:
My wife and I will be on the cruise. Celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary with out KIDS!!!!

This is our second cruise and very much looking forward to it. Especially since we are to have a second snow storm in as many weeks here in Michigan. I'm ready for some hot weather along with some sun, sand, and surf.:beach:

Pete

Welcome to the cruise!

We live in Alaska and haven't gotten as much snow as usual, so please feel free to send some our way!

We just got hit with another 6" blanket of the white stuff yesterday. Shut down tons of schools in the lower half of the state. Looks like we're due to get some more today.

I'd be very happy to send it all up to you as a pre cruise gift!! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter