• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 21, 2007 -- Western Magic -- anyone?

Hello everyone!

Welcome Cyndi. :cheer2:

Just a few more months - woo hoo! I've been searching high & low for decent airfare, but it's just not happened yet. The prices posted for our area for next April are so high, I could get a ticket halfway across country right now for the same money. Crazy. Just crazy.

The other day my daughter was telling me (already!) what she wanted for her birthday. One of her friends recently celebrated, and she liked some of the things the friend received. I just grinned, and told her I think she's going to have an extra special surprise or two when she turns five. :teeth: Of course we won't tell her until a day or two before we actually leave. It's just easier that way. :rotfl:

Off to check more airfare. Rumor is SW reduced some prices today......

any certified divers on this cruise? I'm planning on doing the DCL dive excursions on Grand Cayman and Cozumel ... looking for a buddy

Hey everyone!! Boy, oh boy, this thread is a quiet one!!!

Anyway, I got my cruise planning kit in the mail today for this cruise. It had the booklet with my booking day and final payment due date, along with all of the excursions, etc. I'm SO excited that this is getting closer!!!

I think right after the first of the year, we're going to make our decisions for excursions. I think that we're already set for what we'll do on Grand Cayman and Key West, but I'm just not sure about Cozumel.

Also, do we want to have a little DIS meet on board? If so, when? I've been on a couple of cruises and the DIS meets were always on embarkation day. One was at the sailaway party and the others were at 3pm before the lifeboat drill. Either one works for me, or maybe something different.

And, one more thing, are there any DISers on this cruise that's interested in linking dining ressies to share a table. I do have small girls (3 & 5), so take that into consideration. But, I'm sure that they'll be deserting us as soon as they eat to go to the club. Oh, and we're on early dining.

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the holiday season.

Wow, this month is sure flying by. Alikat99, you got a cruise planning kit already? How exciting. Hope mine comes soon too.

A DIS meet sounds great! Just let me know when and where and DH & I will be there.

We also have early dining and wouldn't mind hooking up at a table. It's just me and my husband. Last disney cruise we were on they sat us at a table for four, it was with two other people who were in their 60's-70's and they were brother and sister. It was very wierd. (we are in our late 30's) . Let me know how to do that, it sounds like fun.

Enjoy the season!

Cyndi

Cyndibear said:
Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the holiday season.

Wow, this month is sure flying by. Alikat99, you got a cruise planning kit already? How exciting. Hope mine comes soon too.
I know, it was quite exciting to see it, because it means that this cruise is getting closer and closer. Heck, according to their sheet, I can start booking excursions, spa & Palo in mid-January (I think it's the 21st or 23rd). Pretty exciting!!!

Cyndibear said:
A DIS meet sounds great! Just let me know when and where and DH & I will be there.

We also have early dining and wouldn't mind hooking up at a table. It's just me and my husband. Last disney cruise we were on they sat us at a table for four, it was with two other people who were in their 60's-70's and they were brother and sister. It was very wierd. (we are in our late 30's) . Let me know how to do that, it sounds like fun.

Enjoy the season!

Cyndi
For anyone wanting to link dining ressies, it's really easy. I've done it for all of my cruises, and it makes it nice knowing the people that you're dining with ahead of time. All that you have to do is decide who's going to sit together, then just exchange information like last names, cabin number and Confirmation #s. The, just call DCL and asked to have your ressies linked. Then, they will put your dining requests together. This needs to be done about a month to 6 weeks in advance of the cruise, because they do the dining arrangements about a month out.

hi all! a bit-o-excitement for us today -- booked our air! woohoo!! there was some discussion of postponing but none of that now! we are booked; flying in Friday night. where is everyone staying? the Radisson?

after Jan 10 -- i'll be ALL about cruising!! quite busy until then!!

sherry -- are you still going?

Hi everyone,
This is our first Disney Cruise, with myself, DH and DD (13)
We are on the late dinner and would like to hook up for dinner if
anyone else is interested (thanks alikat99 for telling how it is done).

DIS meeting sounds great to meet in person after, I am sure, this board will be going crazy after Christmas is over and the next big plans focus on the cruise!

Flights are booked non-stop from NH to FL.
Will be in FL early enough to go an dsit for a while at the terminal.

Everyone have some enjoyable holiday cheer, don't stress out, and looking forward to new news the beginning of the year 2007!

Hi everyone! I'm doing this today: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: just thinking in four short months, we'll finally be cruising. I'm so excited!!!!!!

We have early dining also, so if anyone wants to link, that would be great! It will be 2 adults and the birthday girl who turns 5 during the cruise.

I have made a short DVD for DH's Christmas present. It is my way of telling him we are going on a cruise. He keeps saying "give me hints to what the present is..." and you should've heard the bizarre stuff I've told him. :rotfl2: He still has no idea, and right now, I'm so excited to see his face. We really need this vacation time!!

We don't have air yet. It's still too high. I've been watching, and the closer the flight time, it seems the prices drop in our area. I'm really hoping that will be the case for us. If not by early March, I guess I'll have to just pay the price & book it. We have 2 airports within 1 hour of us, so I'm hoping for a decent fare somewhere.

Everyone have a great holiday season! I know I'll be back more as the dates get closer. :cloud9:

Thanks Curlybop, did not notice that it is 4 mths today. YEAH!!!!!!! I really can't believe that you kept this cruise a suprise for your husband for this long. I think I would die! My DH and I talk about it (or something relating to it) at least once a day. I hope you can get a good rate on air. That is one of the reasons we drive, I hate the cat and mouse game you have to play.

We will also be celebrating our 10th anniversary. After the cruise, we will be spending a week at WDW too. I am trying to sort through my summer stuff to see if we will have enough clothing so I won't have to do any laundry during that time. I really don't want to have to go shopping for summer clothing in the begining of the season when its so expensive. I might do some thrift store shopping for shorts. So much to think about.

I hope everyone has a great Holiday!

Cyndi

Well, it is finally done.

DH now knows about the cruise. I can FINALLY talk about the details now. He was totally shocked, and really had no idea about the cruise.

He is so excited. While DD played with her new toys this morning, he was reading the Passporter.

Hope everyone has a great holiday!!

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted here in a long time and want to add that a DIS meet sounds great. It would be wonderful to meet some folks from the DIS.

I hope the holidays are enjoyable for all, with lots of fun and great food! Curlybop- glad to hear the surprise went over well. Good for you.....keeping it a secret all that time.

Well, it seems like the count down can really start now. I was telling myself that after New Years the cruise would seem much closer(we booked last Jan) but I think I'm starting to get excited about it now!

DH now knows about the cruise. I can FINALLY talk about the details now. He was totally shocked, and really had no idea about the cruise.

He is so excited. While DD played with her new toys this morning, he was reading the Passporter.

WooHoo!!! Now when a thought comes to mind, you can immediately share it without hesitating - Doesn't that feel good?

I'm SO glad to hear that your surprise went SO well!!! How exciting to get to finalize all the plans in the next few months!!!

;) Thanks!! DH is off from work this entire week, and he just emailed me wanting to know where to find the DISboards. So if you are lurking, Hi Honey!! :) I think he'll be visiting on the Cruise boards quite a bit for the next few months. I really feel so much better, since I can now discuss all the details. He couldn't believe I kept my mouth shut for over 9 months & didn't say a word about it.

My main focus now is finding a decent flight. The prices are insane. Sigh.

Have a great day everyone!

:cheer2: :cheer2: Happy New Year:cheer2: :cheer2:

:cheer2: :cheer2: to all my DIS friends!!:cheer2: :cheer2:

:banana: :banana: Now we can say that we're cruising THIS year!!!:banana: :banana:

:cheer2: Happy New Year everyone!! :cheer2:

Time is going by quickly! Just a few more months. :thumbsup2 Hope everyone has a great 2007. :dance3:

Wow - you guys are quiet. :rotfl2:

Just thought I'd stop by, and see if anyone is planning on doing door signs & decorations? If you need help with the signs, let me know. I'm currently making ours this week. :thumbsup2

DH went back to work after almost 2 weeks off for the holidays. He said as soon as he pulled up, he said to himself "April is coming...." :yay: I don't know what we'll plan for after the cruise is over - but we are having a great time just thinking of how close the time is.

I've taken on more responsibilities at work also, effective this week, so every so often I visit the DCL photo of the day, and remind myself that vacation is coming, and I won't have to deal with this stuff for a week. I guess that's bad, but hey, it keeps me going through this winter. :woohoo:

We definitely have door signs and magnets. We love doing that kind of stuff. I'll have to do some birthday ones for my DH and my DD too. We haven't been on a 7-night in several years, so I'm looking forward to a week on the Magic.

Also, is anyone else interested in doing Captain Marvin's Stingray excursion on Grand Cayman?? We're going to book it on our own, so that both of our girls can go (we did that in 2003 and loved it). I'm thinking if anyone else wants to do it, then maybe we can all get on the same boat.

Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year!!! Its moving quickly now. I have been trying to find some end of season clothing sales for the formal nights but have not had luck. I do have something to wear already, BUT new would be nice.

At work I have a little calander on my desk counting backwards the days till the cruise. My co-workers just don't get Disney. They think I'm nuts. Oh, well, more room at the parks and on the cruise ship for me!!!

Enjoy,

Cyndi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter