• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2024 WISH Thread - Bring on the Sunshine! ☀️

Yesterday was a beautiful drive and ferry boat ride, with the new Taylor Swift album blasting on the car radio. I'm not a Swiftie, but I'm in to it and anticipate playing it quite a bit.

Self-care today... getting stuff done. Pure and simple, that is what will be most rewarding and fulfilling.

Oneanne, I agree that it is good music.

Yesterday DD’s Taylor Swift listening party was hijacked by her BFF’s fiancé who is basically a narcissist. Unfortunately the party was ruined, and it spilled over with DH and I as well. It ended up being a very stressful and uncomfortable situation. I texted her BFF who we love to reassure her that it’s not her we’re upset with. I desperately want to pull her aside and tell her what a colossal mistake she is making, but I don’t want her cutting us out of her life. I had terrible dreams last night, and I just want to put yesterday behind me.

DD is out for breakfast with her BF now, and when he leaves, she and I are going to our favorite frozen yogurt place by the beach for the first time since it opened for the season. We will have some much needed alone time to talk…a rarity these days.

Taylor is an amazing artist! I'm not necessarily a Swifty either, but DD1 is and I love listening to her music and feel it's one the ways I can connect with her as she's definitely one of her favorites!

Today, we ended up last minute going to a Cardinals game! One of my nieces and her husband had bought 4 tickets at a charity auction and they were going to go with her brother and his wife. They unfortunately ended up with sick kids, so couldn't go. DN asked us to go! It was a beautiful day for a game. Unfortunately, we lost, but is was a fun time anyway!

The quiz was interesting. I don't fully agree with lowering your salt. When DD was really sick a few years ago, they wanted her to eat a ton of salt and said that the more salt will help with her not being dizzy. It didn't as she it was something else causing it but they were seriously pushing the salt with her.

I totally understand the gluten free question. My mom has celiac and was misdiagnosed for like 20 years. Once she found out and started to eat gluten free she gained weight. It was the first time she was hungry because she was so sick before. She found a lot of cookies and doughnuts and all sorts of goodies that were gluten free and had to learn to watch what she ate for the first time in her 50's.

For self care, I did a lot of sitting on the couch. My hip was really bad yesterday and I didn't want to move much. It has bothered me for a few years now but not consistent and it wasn't bad. In the last 2 weeks it has gotten pretty bad and I can't wait to start PT this morning. I think it is the way I sit. I basically sit on my hip with my legs curled up.

Today is Senior night for tennis. It is going to be a busy afternoon. I took on being the booster parent and I put together a dinner that DS is not even able to go to because of work (he made them mad when he took Saturday's off his schedule for the next month or so. so he doesn't want to be a little late). Hardly anyone signed up to come or bring anything. Tennis is so much different for soccer. Parents just don't really seem to care about it. There are maybe 3 parents at the games. I feel so bad for some of the players. Here is just no support.

Well Happy Monday to us! Many things were accomplished yesterday, so I'm carrying that energy into the week.

And after a weekend filled with Taylor Swift, I'm really thinking about music and the impact it can have. I really don't have a lot of it in my life on a regular basis and I think that has been a real miss and something I need to change.

And I drew some really interesting cards this morning. I usually just ask "tell me what you would have me know for today", but this morning I had a specific question and the answer is intriguing and inspirational and thinking about it will carry me in to the week for sure.

Self care was not super existent. I replanted a few plants yesterday after Bluey live. Bringing the kids to the theater is a smidge stressful but seeing how happy they were canceled that out. Until DD lost her mind when we left the theater...but at least we know she had a good time!
DS8's party is Saturday and i was so stressed because none of his classmates had responded. A few of his older karate friends were coming and 2 cousins but no one from his class and I was feeling awful about it..until I heard from 3 parents this weekend! It's going to be a small-ish crowd but that's fine it will be a good number for the space and I am so happy those classmates will be there. It will do a lot for his confidence.
Motivation...I don't really know...default of keep moving forward I guess

I had PT this morning. He thinks some of the pain could be stemming from the car accident I was in 10ish years ago where the hip muscle pulled away from my hip as well as the way I sit. He said my outer thighs and gluts are weak and that can be contributing too. He did say with what I am telling him it sounds a lot like it is an arthritic hip. The exercises will be great as it is all about working out my thighs, gluts and abs. Looking forward to the shape I will be in after the 5 weeks are done and then keeping up with the exercises after to have a better body for the cruise.

Happy Monday!!!!

My weekend went by super quickly, I actually only walked 2 dogs Saturday and another volunteer fell in wet grass directly on the tail of her spine and was really having trouble breathing and moving. I took her to the ER and spent most of the day there with her. Her X-rays were clear and I was so glad! She’s just in a lot of pain but her breathing did return to normal and she was doing a bit better when we left.

Got out of the ER just in time for our first bday party of the weekend which was great. I got to see all my kids and the loves of their lives so that made my entire weekend ☺️

Yesterday we went to church and then to another party and that was fun too but oh my gosh it was chilly!!!

Motivation for me is to eat well and get all my steps/exercise in today and tomorrow because Wednesday is our Disney day 🥳 not even going to lie I am a bit nervous, I have never done anything like this before, but in my heart I know it will be fine!!!

I'm so sorry - I thought I posted this last night before I went to bed because I wasn't going to be able to get online today, but I guess I didn't click on Post Reply :o

1713840932285.png

Topic Tuesday: Do you agree with this saying? What do you to to try to improve your energy? Or do you worry about improving your energy?

Do you feel like there are things that drain your energy? Do you try to avoid them?

Absolutely agree!
When it comes to energy I find fresh air and a good stretch gives me energy if I am dragging. Listening to something funny as well will often give me a tiny bit of pep.
Aside from the obvious (not sleeping well) doom scrolling, dealing with angry/negative people drain me. Avoiding the negative/angry people is often tricky given how much talk/sports radio and news DH watches and listens to.

I also agree - sometimes it's easy to see in other people, but not as obvious when it's me something is bringing down.

DH kind of drives me crazy because he follows so many things on social media that get him riled up. I have learned that for me, I can't follow controversial things because it just brings me down and causes a bit of anxiety.

I know I have more energy when I get better sleep and when I exercise. (Also getting more exercise causes me to sleep better) - so I know what I need to start with!

Yesterday afternoon had my adrenaline going. When I work from home I sit at our dining room table with the windows to the front right behind me. Shortly before 4 I heard a lot of commotion and saw the big dog across the street attack a smaller dog from down the street. The big dog got loose from the house and beelined it to the smaller dog (on a lease walking with his owner) to attack it. The bigger dog was attacking to kill. The owner was knocked down and maybe bit but I couldn't tell. The owner of the big dog was right there too but could not get control of her dog. I yelled for DH who went out to help while I called 911. They finally got ahold of the big dog and the small dog walked straight back to his house with the owner following. Cops were here for quite awhile but so far the dog is still at the house across the street. Our dog is smaller then the one that was attacked and if it was her, she would be come. Hopefully we can find out more info today on what will happen with the big dog. We do not feel save with it right across the street from us. It was such a vicious attack. I have never seen anything like it before. It was so scary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter