April 2021 W.I.S.H. Thread - Spring into Spring!

It’s supposed to be sunny and in the 80s today, so planning on sitting in the sunshine and reading a good book. Hope to grill enough chicken for a couple meals. We should be able to eat outside, which is always nice.

Hope everyone has a relaxing day!

I spent yesterday with family to help my parents mulch. They have a huge bank, which makes it hard for my dad to do alone. So my brother-in-law, sister, brother, son, husband and I all helped out. It was a lot of work, but being together made it fun. Then my husband and I hung out with our neighbors (one couple who is also vaccinated) while sitting around their fire pit last night. It was good to catch up with them.

Today I need to do my meal plan and prep for the week. I have some school work to catch up on. Then I have a stretch/rest day for my workout program and I hope to spend some time resting in the sun! Time to start a new book!

Oh and yesterday I surprised my son by telling him about our mother/son Disney trip in June. He’s excited! He wanted to know all the details immediately...where are we staying, what ADRs, what’s different due to Covid, etc. Unfortunately I found out that the days he’s missing school are the days he has finals. So I’ve already emailed teachers in hopes they’ll be understanding.

Today, we are laying low. DD is not well today...the side effects from the vaccine are worse today than yesterday. I'm in pain from my tooth...thank God my appointment is tomorrow at 4pm. I really hope this dentist doesn't fight me, because I'm not in the mood. I want this cracked tooth removed before I develop an infection and waste money and time on a root canal and crown doomed to fail. I'm happy it is Sunday, and I don't have to deal with all of the demands of work today.

I just want to get to a place of feeling well and being free of challenges, if only for the summer. I really need a break.

Today, we are laying low. DD is not well today...the side effects from the vaccine are worse today than yesterday. I'm in pain from my tooth...thank God my appointment is tomorrow at 4pm. I really hope this dentist doesn't fight me, because I'm not in the mood. I want this cracked tooth removed before I develop an infection and waste money and time on a root canal and crown doomed to fail. I'm happy it is Sunday, and I don't have to deal with all of the demands of work today.

I just want to get to a place of feeling well and being free of challenges, if only for the summer. I really need a break.
The pain from a tooth ache is unlike any other. I remember years ago being frantic from the pain until I could get in for treatment. Hope tomorrow brings you much needed relief.

I spent yesterday with family to help my parents mulch. They have a huge bank, which makes it hard for my dad to do alone. So my brother-in-law, sister, brother, son, husband and I all helped out. It was a lot of work, but being together made it fun. Then my husband and I hung out with our neighbors (one couple who is also vaccinated) while sitting around their fire pit last night. It was good to catch up with them.

Today I need to do my meal plan and prep for the week. I have some school work to catch up on. Then I have a stretch/rest day for my workout program and I hope to spend some time resting in the sun! Time to start a new book!

Oh and yesterday I surprised my son by telling him about our mother/son Disney trip in June. He’s excited! He wanted to know all the details immediately...where are we staying, what ADRs, what’s different due to Covid, etc. Unfortunately I found out that the days he’s missing school are the days he has finals. So I’ve already emailed teachers in hopes they’ll be understanding.
How exciting! He must have been so surprised! And for us Disney people, planning is half the fun! When my grandson was here we made a list of our favorites in each park-and making a plan for the day he spends just with us. I remember our teachers being pretty understanding scheduling finals when trips were planned-and especially this year let’s hope everyone is more flexible.

Last edited:

How exciting! He must have been so surprised! And for us Disney people, planning is half the fun! When my grandson was here we made a list of our favorites in each park-and making a plan for the day he spends just with us. I remember our teachers being pretty understanding scheduling finals when trips were planned-and especially this year let’s hope everyone is a more flexible.
I am normally a stickler for not missing school for vacation. After this year, I have changed my views. Anytime you can find happiness, I believe you should go for it. School and all of it’s demands will be there when you return. Unless the student is really struggling to keep up with the rest of the class, I don’t think any permanent damage will be done in the long run by taking a few days away from school.

Life is short. Celebrate it.

My self-care for today:

Taken during my beach drive this morning. You can see a cluster of dark spots on the water... those are people out fishing, although I don't know what for as it isn't salmon season. When I was researching what might be in-season I found out that that dark green point of land, which is part of Lincoln Park, is called Point Williams... never knew that. I live in from Lincoln Park and my beloved Ferry Dock is right around the point. Oh how I am hankering for a ferry boat ride and a good long drive.

For more self care this morning I pulled in to the full service bay at the gas station, had my gas pumped for me and got the air in the tires checked. Now I'm going to start laundry and do a bit of sorting out in the basement. Then I think it's going to be a run down to The Container Store, and after that some work outside as the mowing needs to be done again. And it is obviously a very beautiful day.

Cleaners come tomorrow - woop woop. Then I book the yard clean-up crew - woop, woop, woop.

I don't see that anyone signed up for the first week, so I'll take it and will launch the thread.

Last edited:
My self-care for today:

View attachment 572151

Taken on during my beach drive this morning. You can see a cluster of dark spots on the water... those are people out fishing, although I don't know what for as it isn't salmon season. When I was researching what might be in-season I found out that that dark green point of land, which is part of Lincoln Park, is called Point Williams... never knew that. I live in from Lincoln Park and my beloved Ferry Dock is right around the point. Oh how I am hankering for a ferry boat ride and a good long drive.

For more self care this morning I pulled in to the full service bay at the gas station, had my gas pumped for me and got the air in the tires checked. Now I'm going to start laundry and do a bit of sorting out in the basement. Then I think it's going to be a run down to The Container Store, and after that some work outside as the mowing needs to be done again. And it is obviously a very beautiful day.

Cleaners come tomorrow - woop woop. Then I book the yard clean-up crew - woop, woop, woop.

I don't see that anyone signed up for the first week, so I'll take it and will launch the thread.
I hope you sat on that bench and just soaked in the view! Beautiful!

Thanks for starting us off next month! I’ll take the third week, so we’re all set.

I am normally a stickler for not missing school for vacation. After this year, I have changed my views. Anytime you can find happiness, I believe you should go for it. School and all of it’s demands will be there when you return. Unless the student is really struggling to keep up with the rest of the class, I don’t think any permanent damage will be done in the long run by taking a few days away from school.

Life is short. Celebrate it.
I was raised by two teachers, so I never missed school. But my husband, being a UPS driver, made me look at it differently. Unfortunately our breaks never aligned. His busiest times were Thanksgiving through New Years and could never take off. And summer weeks were difficult to come by and couldn’t be picked until about March or April. So trying to plan ahead was hard. So we took our kids to Disney the first year they were in school. Due to it being half day kindergarten, I saw that as a good year to take a sabbatical. So I was home, but taking classes. We planned Disney for Sept/Oct week. Then we did a second vacation to the Outer Banks in May. It was great! After that, we usually took a vacation around President's Day weekend. They hardly miss any school otherwise and I use up my personal days that I would otherwise use. And I always come back feeling refreshed! But it can be a little stressful prior to the trip I’m trying to get everything planned and prepped for a sub. But still, totally worth it!

Last edited:
I have never come across a parent that regretted holding their child back a year-but knew several that wish they had. Thais is the perfect age to let them catch up.

This is me. I was held back in kindergarten so I was 18 my entire senior. I went from being a good kid to telling my mom I didn't have to listen because I was 18 and could do what I wanted. I learned the hard way that I did have to listen. Fast forward many years and I refused to hold DD back in kindergarten. It was never brought by the school to do so but she was behind. She would have benefited by being held back. She is great now and not behind. She caught up some time late elementary. She had some great teachers that really helped and DH and I did a lot at home too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!