April 2021 W.I.S.H. Thread - Spring into Spring!

I'm leaving for my 2nd Moderna vaccine appointment in about 90 minutes. DH is driving me since I felt a reaction on my drive home after the 1st vaccine. I'm not as nervous as I was the first time, since there were many unknowns. Now I know what to expect.

DD got a headache last night after her 1st vaccine of Pfizer. By the time she went to bed, her eyes were little slits. I gave her a scalp massage and Tylenol before she went to bed at 10am. 11 hours later, she is still asleep. DH had no reaction whatsoever to the Pfizer, but I read that it negatively affects women more than men.

Finished painting the office walls yesterday and put the room back together, even getting the curtains back up... feeling pretty chuffed about it this morning, well, except for all the trim that needs to be touched up. Now on to getting the rest of the house together. I'll take "breaks" today during work hours to get stuff put away. My vaccine appointment is at 1:55pm, and I'd like to not have a lot left to do afterwards, just in case.

Tomorrow's plans are to play it by ear. I'm hoping to make an early morning run to the grocery store for the last of the brunch stuff. And I'd love to do the country loop drive if I'm feeling up to it, then it will just be finishing up the party prep. But we'll see how it goes,

Last edited:
I am working today but we are getting out early. Then I am off until the 12th. I took the kids spring breaks off. With them going back in person on the 12th we have so much to do. I hate August because of all the back to school stuff, now I am trying to get it all done in a week. I really hate school supply/cloth shopping. The kids and I also have eye doctor appointments and an appointment to get our hair done next week. DH has taken Monday and Friday off. Not sure what we will do on Monday. I just know we will not go to the zoo that day. It is free to anyone in the county. Friday will attempt to go the zoo. I have been really wanting to go. It should be nice weather too.

Sunday we will not be getting together with family for a few reasons. One DH is not fully vaccinated so we are going to hold off getting together with anyone until then. We may not get together with my in-laws until the kids are vaccinated. DFIL works for a grocery stare and can't seem to wear a mask correctly and the last I heard will not get vaccinated. DMIL doesn't want to get it but might to be able to see the kids. My 20 year old sister in law I am guess will not get either. We will get together with DH's grandmother once a week starting in May. She has been vaccinated and just waiting on us to be vaccinated.

The second reason is my nephew (the one that has an addiction). My brother is not ready to have his son around my nephew and I am worried about it too. It is not so much that he will give them something but it I the phone. My nephew is not allowed on the internet or social media. My ex brother in law gave him his for for a short time to give him something to do and he contacted his dealer. I am just not ready to let the kids know what is going on yet. They need to know when we see them next but I also don't want them to treat him differently. It will be a sticky subject for a little bit. The boys are all 15 and the girls are 13.

Vaccine process was pretty easy today. Less stressful for sure. I waited around for 30 minutes instead of 15 just to be safe because of last time, and DH was waiting for me in the parking lot, so I had him there in case of emergency. Other than my arm, I felt okay until we were almost home. Then a wave of discomfort and lethargy came over my entire body. I was able to shower and wash my hair. Then the headache came on, and I took Tylenol and dried my hair extra long because the heat was soothing. Now, I am just relaxing in front of the tv feeling extremely weak like last time with head and arm pain.

The nurse told me to take a photo of my vaccination card, photocopy it and laminate the photo copy, and keep the original in a lock box for safekeeping. It will be used for any booster shots. I'm so glad that she told me what to do, because I was nervous about losing it or it being stolen.

Vaccine process was pretty easy today. Less stressful for sure. I waited around for 30 minutes instead of 15 just to be safe because of last time, and DH was waiting for me in the parking lot, so I had him there in case of emergency. Other than my arm, I felt okay until we were almost home. Then a wave of discomfort and lethargy came over my entire body. I was able to shower and wash my hair. Then the headache came on, and I took Tylenol and dried my hair extra long because the heat was soothing. Now, I am just relaxing in front of the tv feeling extremely weak like last time with head and arm pain.

The nurse told me to take a photo of my vaccination card, photocopy it and laminate the photo copy, and keep the original in a lock box for safekeeping. It will be used for any booster shots. I'm so glad that she told me what to do, because I was nervous about losing it or it being stolen.
Hope you are feeling better-did you know Office Depot or Staples will laminate your card for free?

Thankful to have my family here for the next few days. We dyed eggs, walked in the park and played board games tonight.

Hopefully it’s a little warmer Saturday and we can go to the beach-my grandson got a metal detector for Christmas and is anxious to try it out.

That is awesome! Believe it or not, I have two laminators...one at home and one in my classroom. It’s a teacher thing. We laminate everything lol.

I totally get it! We have one that DH managed to "inherit" when his company closed one of their office spaces (not related to the pandemic - way before that because his group traveled a lot and just didn't need so much space.) They gave away a bunch of items. He actually wanted the heavy duty electric 3-hole-punch, but someone else got it, so his second choice was the laminator. I love it!!

Hope you start feeling better as the day goes on!

We’re back and ready to start the week strong! What’s motivating you this week?

I just made my ADRs for my mother/son surprise trip, which I have rescheduled for early June! And I need to burn off all I ate yesterday at my parents! Those two things are really motivating me this week!

Still battling a helmet of pain on my head. I took today off, and will take tomorrow too. I really can't handle these kids with what feels like a migraine.

I ate more than I should this weekend, so I am motivated by the need to get back on track.

My motivation is the two pounds I’ve lost recently! I was kind of in a just maintaining zone for a while, but my DH has recently had to cut down on carbs and I’ve been piggybacking to an extent. It feels really good to see the scale moving again, and I want to keep that going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!