April 2021 Availability

Paul Stupin

New DVC Member
I’m a new DVC owner, but my contracts haven't yet closed. Have been interested in potentially booking for April 2021 when everything is recorded, but the online availability tool I’ve been using to follow booking patterns is showing zero availability for every single resort for all the days currently listed for April. Is this accurate, even for home resorts folks would be booking now for their 11 month window? Or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance for any replies!

The only true way to know what is available is the DVC site and while we do not allow posts of specific availability, right now the only dates open for booking April 2021 would be the first 10 days.

Whatever tool you use is not real time, but to answer your question, members booking today at 11 months out for April won’t have difficulty finding something at their home resort.

We are already booked for April 2021 also! Now lets just get our Sept trip to happen first!!!!

We cancelled our November trip and are looking at booking April/May 2021. I went on to check availability......it's wide open!! Kinda scary what is going on that we actually have our pick of rooms. Feels like 1997 again when we first joined! LOL

We cancelled our November trip and are looking at booking April/May 2021. I went on to check availability......it's wide open!! Kinda scary what is going on that we actually have our pick of rooms. Feels like 1997 again when we first joined! LOL
You can't even look at May 2021 yet since it can't be booked until June 2020.

Is this accurate, even for home resorts folks would be booking now for their 11 month window? Or am I doing something wrong?
On the DVC tool you can only see availability for exactly 11 months + the 7 days if you put in dates. I just booked Poly yesterday for mid April. I'm not sure what tool you are using to look at, but just wait until you get your access and then you will be able to actually see what is available. If you are in the process of closing and will have your points in a month or so then there should be pretty good availability for you. April isn't a high demand DVC time. There are certain rooms at certain resorts which require the 11 month jump to book - such as the AK value rooms. I think the standards are BLT and BW are also hard to get too. I'm sure there are others.

April is good at the moment from what we have experienced. We booked 10 rooms at Animal Kingdom Kidani for April 2021 and then today decided to change them all to Jambo and had no issues. We even found a one bedroom value available. We did find out that Disney is calling a lot of people who borrowed more than 50% of their points during the restriction and are working to change or cancel reservations. You might see rooms open up.

Limited booking window for Bwv standard view for April. You have to be fast to get in at 8am. last year I couldn’t get in so ended up with 10 single night reservations that MS had to combine afterwards into one reservation.

Someone mentioned how they 'even' found a 1 bedroom available. I just wanted to mention that while those are better than studios for sure, they are usually easier to find over studios. Except at Poly, where they are inexplicably almost....impossible to find.

Similar hope fo rour October trip.
Lost our April trip this year. Hoping for better luck next year.
We are booked at our home resort for 2021, and Sept is rebooked from the April cancelled trip. Akv Jambo for Sept! Hoping to hear soon when WDW plans on a reopen.

April is good at the moment from what we have experienced. We booked 10 rooms at Animal Kingdom Kidani for April 2021 and then today decided to change them all to Jambo and had no issues. We even found a one bedroom value available. We did find out that Disney is calling a lot of people who borrowed more than 50% of their points during the restriction and are working to change or cancel reservations. You might see rooms open up.

great to know. I might book a anniversary trip in April to AKL. Just waiting for my contract to close any day now!!!!

Someone mentioned how they 'even' found a 1 bedroom available. I just wanted to mention that while those are better than studios for sure, they are usually easier to find over studios. Except at Poly, where they are inexplicably almost....impossible to find.
Almost?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter