April 2020 Discount Watch

I ended up buying one annual pass this morning to get a better deal for us this morning. I am staying 8 nights at Yacht Club, club level-standard view and it was a better deal to get the 35% with the annual pass discount for me. Saved about $200 over the Gift of Magic discount and that includes the room, pass and an 8 day ticket for my daughter. Remember to do the math if you are really stuck on a certain place/room category, you never know. Now we get the discounts and memory maker with the annual pass!

Last edited:
Had to change from bunk bed room at Wilderness Lodge to studio at Boulder Ridge to get the discount, but saved over $600 for 5 nights. Kids are teens and just don’t want to share a bed, so the studio will work fine. I’m excited! I was able to make our ADR’s this week too and booked airfare last week!

$30 is the amount for each person over 3 years old.

Oh, hey! I thought it was per room. Didn’t read close enough We only need 5 day tickets, but it’s $59.32 to upgrade the four of us to 6 day tickets and we’ll get $120 in gifts cards. I’m going to do that now.

We added a night at CBR in April. The package was over $50 cheaper than what we previously had. When you add the gift cards for 5 we saved over $200!

I wanted to add that we also went from a standard room to a water/pool view.

AP rates released through April 25th, 2020.

Wow they must be hurting because I got a Boardwalk Garden Suite which is regularly 1,130.00 per night for 484.00 a night !! I never thought I would be able to stay in one of them, I am so excited !!
Wow, that's an amazing rate! :cheer2:
Do you think it was an error, I am just curious does Disney honor pricing errors?

Thanks everyone for giving the heads up that discounts were out, I was able to save $841 off my original rack rate reservation at Coronado Springs with the AP discount. :)

Gift of Magic discount just dropped too. Through April 25th, 2020

Ok so not being able to get the discount for my week in April at the Beach Club but if I added one more night at the end the discount shows up for a garden room. So being school vacation week - I added a day at the end so miss a day of school but saving $1384 (paying rack rate versus adding a day and getting the discount) so yes you can miss a day of school to save that much!

Wow they must be hurting because I got a Boardwalk Garden Suite which is regularly 1,130.00 per night for 484.00 a night !! I never thought I would be able to stay in one of them, I am so excited !!
I booked this room this morning also for a total of $807 for 2 nights. I keep thinking there was a mistake. That is about 70% off rack rate

Something is up with the AP rates. They are basically blocked out right now. People were getting some amazing deep discounts and system is now down. They are saying it could be a few days to "repair". Ugh.

Booked this morning with an AP rate for March 16-20, now its switched the Gift of Magic discount?? I can't even see an ap discount for Spring 2020 under resort offers anymore...

I might play the lottery tonight. I kept changing my dates to try to find the best dates to go and it showed the AP discount in March and let me book a room with that. My CC was charged so it went through. I found and booked around 1:10pm EST.

Wow, that's an amazing rate! :cheer2:
Do you think it was an error, I am just curious does Disney honor pricing errors?

Thanks everyone for giving the heads up that discounts were out, I was able to save $841 off my original rack rate reservation at Coronado Springs with the AP discount. :)

Wow I hope not,
I booked this room this morning also for a total of $807 for 2 nights. I keep thinking there was a mistake. That is about 70% off rack rate

OMG us too, I went in to see if we could add two nights and the price went from 5,000 to 12,000 !!!

Something is up with the AP rates. They are basically blocked out right now. People were getting some amazing deep discounts and system is now down. They are saying it could be a few days to "repair". Ugh.
I succeeded in modifying my existing reservation at Pop Century at 2:20 PM this afternoon using my AP Discount. On my first attempt it said the system couldn’t change my reservation, call an 800 number or try later, I just hit the accept button again and it went through on the second try! Don’t get discouraged or give up, just keep trying. We are going in early April to watch our child perform in the high school band at Disney so large groups will be there and I still found standard pool view room (higher rack rate) for over $200 less than the standard room I had originally booked at a ridiculously high rack rate. The band is also staying at Pop so it surprised me there was so much availability. Good luck all!!!
I did receive my email confirmation and I can see the updated reservation (with the discount) in MDE.

I had better luck booking a brand new reservation than trying to modify. I may have 3 reservations for the same room and dates, but I am happy I got the discount I wanted LOL

Finally got the confirmations at 2AM today from my TA. Can't imagine how many hours she spent on this, she e-mailed me how awful the system was.

We are now booked at POP standard, pool view (hope it's not too loud):
Gift of Magic 4/25-4/25, 7 day PH, and QSDP.
4/25-28. Room only.
saved $950 + the $30 gift card x 5. We will pay for meals OOP the last 3 days but still a really big savings for my budget. 5 of us in 2 rooms.

I was disappointed that CBR wasn't included in this sale for our preferred week, except for the Pirate Rooms (but don't want two double beds and poor location). I really wanted a Skyliner resort next April. My choices are:
CBR at rack rate,
AoA Nemo suite for 15% room,
or YC for 25% room.
Leaning towards Yacht Club. Losing out on Skyliner, but prefer walking anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts