April 2020 Discount Watch

This discount is such a joke for me -- like the booking system is intentionally messing with me. 😆

I'm trying to get Pop for 17-20, but there's no availability with the discount.

I get it. It's a weekend, and there's a runDisney event. Plus Pop's in demand with the refurb and Skyliner.

But there is availability with the discount if I do 14-20, 17-21, 18-20. Just no dice 17-20. :badpc:

I already have a BLT res for 20-25, and I even thought about doing an overlapping 17-21 at Pop, but couldn't get the Disney math to work.

I guess it's the rack rate life for me.

Gotta say - as a DLR person, all these hotel choices and constantly second guessing myself for WDW is making my head spin!

I had luck with reducing my reservation by one day when this happened for me. I called in and was persistant about what I wanted, and moved my check-in to one day later.

This discount is such a joke for me -- like the booking system is intentionally messing with me. 😆

I get it. It's a weekend, and there's a runDisney event. Plus Pop's in demand with the refurb and Skyliner.

But there is availability with the discount if I do 14-20, 17-21, 18-20. Just no dice 17-20. :badpc:

I already have a BLT res for 20-25, and I even thought about doing an overlapping 17-21 at Pop, but couldn't get the Disney math to work.

Gotta say - as a DLR person, all these hotel choices and constantly second guessing myself for WDW is making my head spin!

Anyone still looking for discounts? If you call, have them ask if there are any PIN codes available for your account. I haven't had a pin code in YEARS, but there was one for me from the end of March 2020 - end of June 2020. It actually was a little better for me to book the AP rates, but if you don't plan on getting an AP, it doesn't hurt to check. The deal is showing up as "Spring Past Guest Room Offer".

Anyone still looking for discounts? If you call, have them ask if there are any PIN codes available for your account. I haven't had a pin code in YEARS, but there was one for me from the end of March 2020 - end of June 2020. It actually was a little better for me to book the AP rates, but if you don't plan on getting an AP, it doesn't hurt to check. The deal is showing up as "Spring Past Guest Room Offer".
thanks.
2013 we were booked at POFQ (my bucket list) for October. I knew if FD dropped for Fall, that resort was not likely to be included and we would need to change resorts. FD dropped first week of May, no POFQ. I see here that people were getting PIN e-mails for FD and others were not getting that but when they called they had the PIN. So I call, no PIN for me, I asked the CM if she could check under my daughter's name (we were traveling together) and she had the PIN! I used the PIN for the 2 rooms. FD at FQ, we were testing FP+ and able to pull paper ones too. Best trip ever!!!

My TA is going to call about the Gift of Magic gift card and will ask her to check on a PIN for me and my DD.

I just tried calling, and they said there were not any unique offer codes attached to my name. For the record, I've been to Disney 7x in the past 18 years, and have NEVER received a pin.

I booked this room this morning also for a total of $807 for 2 nights. I keep thinking there was a mistake. That is about 70% off rack rate

Well I called this morning to ask to extend my vacation two nights because of the amazing rate, and it looks like I opened up a can of worms. My original reservation was 11 nights for a total of $5,994, when I asked to add two the total price went to $12,891 !!! I told the agent to forget the extra nights I will just keep my original reservation.

And guess what, half an hour later I get an email congratulating me on my $12,891 stay at the Boardwalk. So the agent went ahead and changed it and now I have been on the phone for an hour trying to straighten it out.

So it is obvious this was a major mistake on Disney's website, and they are now looking into it. I had to send them my original email confirmation and they are going to get back to me whether or not they will honor it. I am so upset, I really thought maybe just once I got a really great piece of Disney magic.

Well I called this morning to ask to extend my vacation two nights because of the amazing rate, and it looks like I opened up a can of worms. My original reservation was 11 nights for a total of $5,994, when I asked to add two the total price went to $12,891 !!! I told the agent to forget the extra nights I will just keep my original reservation.

And guess what, half an hour later I get an email congratulating me on my $12,891 stay at the Boardwalk. So the agent went ahead and changed it and now I have been on the phone for an hour trying to straighten it out.

So it is obvious this was a major mistake on Disney's website, and they are now looking into it. I had to send them my original email confirmation and they are going to get back to me whether or not they will honor it. I am so upset, I really thought maybe just once I got a really great piece of Disney magic.
Wow that is horrible!

Oh no, I sincerely hope they let you keep your rate! Good luck and keep us posted.

Oh no, I sincerely hope they let you keep your rate! Good luck and keep us posted.

Thank you, I really hope so too. I am on pins and needles wondering whether I should make another reservation in the mean time just in case they do not honor it so that I do not miss out on all the AP discounts. Very frustrating.

A few years ago I had two reservations. One did not have free dining and one did. I called to cancel the former and the next day I realized the wrong one had been canceled. I called and was told I was out of luck because the FD was sold out for that resort on those dates. I would not let it go and politely but angrily insisted. It was 100 percent their fault after all. It took a supervisor and a wait but they fixed it. Good luck! I really hope they fix it.

I really hope they fix it for you. I have been afraid to make any changes to mine for this reason. Let us know what happens.

Thank you so much for this heads up! I was able to get this discount for my reservation and my parents reservation. It was cheaper than the current sale prices, plus we could get the category we wanted!

Book 17-21 and then call to drop last night.

I really hope they fix it for you. I have been afraid to make any changes to mine for this reason. Let us know what happens.

I will let you know the outcome, I figured I should tell you just in case since you got the same great deal (or so we thought).

Thank you, I really hope so too. I am on pins and needles wondering whether I should make another reservation in the mean time just in case they do not honor it so that I do not miss out on all the AP discounts. Very frustrating.

Was there a final resolution? I know a general rule on sites like slickdeals, if you suspect a pricing error, don't call anyone, don't email anyone, just buy and hope for the best. But in the end companies are always saved by policies excluding them from having to honor pricing errors on their web sites.

Was there a final resolution? I know a general rule on sites like slickdeals, if you suspect a pricing error, don't call anyone, don't email anyone, just buy and hope for the best. But in the end companies are always saved by policies excluding them from having to honor pricing errors on their web sites.

Still waiting :mad:

No update on ours either, assuming the 5 nights BW deluxe club level @ $2500 is sticking permanently at this point.

I just got a call back from the cast member working on my problem, she has been very apologetic and says that my original reservation price point will be honored, including the two nights I wanted to add on. They are currently having trouble reversing it on their computer system, but assures me by the end of the week it will be resolved. So I am very happy and also very grateful to Ivy Lynn, the awesome cast member who is helping me. If you have any issues I would ask for her, her email is wdw.drc.guest.service.coordinator@disney.com.

I just got a call back from the cast member working on my problem, she has been very apologetic and says that my original reservation price point will be honored, including the two nights I wanted to add on. They are currently having trouble reversing it on their computer system, but assures me by the end of the week it will be resolved. So I am very happy and also very grateful to Ivy Lynn, the awesome cast member who is helping me. If you have any issues I would ask for her, her email is wdw.drc.guest.service.coordinator@disney.com.
That is great news. Thanks for keeping us updated. Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!