***April 2019***

It’s travel day! So excited! A little bummed that it’s supposed to rain all day Friday, but already figuring out how to make the most of a rainy park(s) day since our trip is so short & we can’t miss a day due to weather!

One Week Till We Leave I can't tell you how excited I am right this moment. I'm no where near ready to go (not packed etc.) but so very excited.

We’re currently at JFK waiting for our flight!

Something interesting happened to my parents, who were supposed to meet us down there tomorrow. They got a call or email from Delta that due to the storms, there could be a problem with their flight tomorrow. Delta allowed a free change, so they’re coming late tonight, staying one night at ASMo, and then meeting us at MK tomorrow. Just wanted to let anyone know that this may be possible if you’re supposed to fly tomorrow.

We got back a few days ago and I'm missing it already.

giphy.gif

We leave one week from today! I haven't been to Disney in 20 years. I'm so excited!! I've managed to keep this secret from the kids so far. On Sunday, I'm going to do an easter egg scavenger hunt, with the last egg containing the "you're going to Disney!" surprise message.

We leave on Friday and it's looking look there is rain in the forecast almost every day that we will be there. I was really looking forward to some beautiful weather (it's been a looooong winter here) and I'm less than thrilled about the rain. We are used to going in the summer with the torrential downpours so I was hoping for less moist-ness this trip :). I know I can't change the weather and will obviously make the best of the trip regardless but I'm hoping that the forecast will change before we get there. Anyone have experience travelling at this time of year and what we can expect in terms of the weather (moist-ness wise)?

We leave on Friday and it's looking look there is rain in the forecast almost every day that we will be there. I was really looking forward to some beautiful weather (it's been a looooong winter here) and I'm less than thrilled about the rain. We are used to going in the summer with the torrential downpours so I was hoping for less moist-ness this trip :). I know I can't change the weather and will obviously make the best of the trip regardless but I'm hoping that the forecast will change before we get there. Anyone have experience travelling at this time of year and what we can expect in terms of the weather (moist-ness wise)?
I wouldn’t worry too much. We have been going every April and July for quite a few years. April is nothing like July. We are here now and it’s absolutely perfect today. High 70s low humidity.
As for the forecast it changes daily. The most rain we really ever get in April is maybe one day.

Here now and have only gone Friday. We beat the rain leaving the park but got caught it on the drive back to my son's apartment. Today we went to the soccer game and I froze. Hopefully, it's going to be nice and warm on Monday when we hit the parks again.

I wouldn’t worry too much. We have been going every April and July for quite a few years. April is nothing like July. We are here now and it’s absolutely perfect today. High 70s low humidity.
As for the forecast it changes daily. The most rain we really ever get in April is maybe one day.
Thanks very much for your reply! This coming week actually looks lovely but unfortunately I am starting my vacation at the tail end of it :) That being said, it’s kind of silly to even worry about the weather I guess because there’s nothing I can do to change it :). I was just looking forward to some sunshine more than anything because it’s been really gloomy here as of late. I guess I’ll just cross my fingers and hope for the best. Thanks again!

Thanks very much for your reply! This coming week actually looks lovely but unfortunately I am starting my vacation at the tail end of it :) That being said, it’s kind of silly to even worry about the weather I guess because there’s nothing I can do to change it :). I was just looking forward to some sunshine more than anything because it’s been really gloomy here as of late. I guess I’ll just cross my fingers and hope for the best. Thanks again!
I wouldn't worry too much about the weather right now since you're far enough out that things could change very quickly.

I thought the temperature and weather was our best we’ve had. I thought the temps were great. Evenings I brought a light sweatshirt. Beats the late summer rain, but on the other hand, makes going to the pool colder than desired, and getting wet on rides longer to dry after. But, overall we’d lucked out with good weather, beat a rain downpour by two minutes once deciding to go on Under the Sea standby, was starting to rain and got out ponchos and went to the ride, and saw it pour righ behind us just getting into the under cover part. On another day we saw a huge line of storms projected later in the day, so left HS early. We were already done with rides, if not it was probably an hour and half wait through, with a small second line of rain behind it.

We kept a look at weather forecast each morning and on any days had rain, looked at the hourly forecast projection and the radar on occasion, was able to beat the rain twice, never usually this happens so wasn’t expected not to get drenched at least once from weather. Still brought two pairs of running shoes just in case (I don’t mean to the parks, I mean on trip), and ponchos on rain forecast days. Crowd levels were silly high on some days, HS rope drop was like sardines and surprised how early everyone gets there,we were there I think 40 minutes prior to park open, and it was already a nuthouse and Slinky Dog fills up so fast once park opens, we had a 15 minute wait the standby said, but it was truthfully 35 by watch. Well, happy travels to those yet to go.

Back from our trip last week and the weather was great except for Friday afternoon's storm. We had a blast!

Got a Star Wars pin for my collection. Still missing SWW- went to the first one in 2000, the last one in 2015 and a few in between.

Can't wait to go back!

5 more days! I am so excited for a break - work and family stuff has been absolutely crazy the last few months so I am really looking forward to not thinking about any of it while I’m at the World!

Finally made to Disney! The weather today is amazing. I'm wearing my Potion Purple longsleve and I'm so comfortable. My boyfriend is wearing short sleeves and he's comfortable. Room wasn't ready yet so we headed to Disney Springs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!