April 2017 check in thread, come in and chat!

Checking in! We are going the 26-28th staying at courtyard maingate. It is DD 4th birthday trip, 3 days in the park. Her aunt is surprising her and showing up on the 27th! a few questions:

1. Do you think it will be super crowded? We are hoping it is a dead week.
2. We are using so cal tickets do I have to show my so cal ID?
3. My sister needs 1 night at a hotel fairly affordable what would you suggest?

Checking in! We are going the 26-28th staying at courtyard maingate. It is DD 4th birthday trip, 3 days in the park. Her aunt is surprising her and showing up on the 27th! a few questions:

1- We picked the 24th through the 28th hoping it was a slow time. Locals are back in school from spring break so I am hopeful.
2- No idea, sorry.
3- Desert Inn and Suites is our go to. Also Del Sol I hear is ok too. Inexpensive and right across the street.

I don't think there is a quiet time anymore but that week should be less insane than earlier in April

I have read here that everyone using a SoCal discounted ticket needs to show SoCal id.

Depends on how far she is willing to walk. Desert Inn and Suites is our go to for close and inexpensive but the best rates are booked 6+ months in advance. Anywhere along Harbor Blvd from HoJo to Castle Inn is close enough to walk.

We will be there in April - for my birthday! We will get there April 16 - staying at Best Western Stovalls until the 20th when we are moving to the Grand - returning home the 24th. It is a trip for Dapper Day and had to add a few more days. Driving from BC, Canada to Seattle then fly. Getting excited now.
Hey! We are staying at stovalls as well. Arriving the 16th and checking out on the 22nd. See ya on the walk! Oh and flying from Seattle!

We are staying at the Grand Californian the 25-28th. We specifically picked this week as it was the same time we went last year, definitely not as busy during this time, the longest wait we had was 45 mins for a ride but the majority were around 20 mins. However I noticed that the Disneyland hotels seem to be booked up this year so not sure if it will be busier this year or maybe a conference, which may not be related to the parks. You picked a good week, I think.

My little Fam will be there april 26-30th! My son turns 7 on the 28th :) we are excited and we need to get him a Cake! We are staying at the Quality Inn and Suites. Never stayed here but it was cheap and easy so I hope it turns out ok.

We are going to Disneyland THIS month, no fooling! :D

We are staying at the Grand Californian the 25-28th. We specifically picked this week as it was the same time we went last year, definitely not as busy during this time, the longest wait we had was 45 mins for a ride but the majority were around 20 mins. However I noticed that the Disneyland hotels seem to be booked up this year so not sure if it will be busier this year or maybe a conference, which may not be related to the parks. You picked a good week, I think.

My little Fam will be there april 26-30th! My son turns 7 on the 28th :) we are excited and we need to get him a Cake! We are staying at the Quality Inn and Suites. Never stayed here but it was cheap and easy so I hope it turns out ok.

Welcome to both of you, I've added you to the list on the first page!

Hey! We are staying at stovalls as well. Arriving the 16th and checking out on the 22nd. See ya on the walk! Oh and flying from Seattle!

Those are the same dates that we are going to be there. Flying from Seattle as well. Staying at the HoJo.

Just reload our Disney Rewards card so we are ready to go!

Last edited:
Just DH & I are going April 30 - May 3! We have AP's & we have DVC points to use. He's finally winding up a big project at work, so we really need this trip. I'm so excited for MSEP! Woo-hoo!

Just DH & I are going April 30 - May 3! We have AP's & we have DVC points to use. He's finally winding up a big project at work, so we really need this trip. I'm so excited for MSEP! Woo-hoo!

I'm in Vancouver for the weekend but will add you to the list on the first page when I get home!

I can't believe I can officially say that we'll be there next week!

I have a question for you all...do you know if historically Disneyland has had capacity closures the week leading into Easter? We only have one Park day, which will he the Thursday before Easter. We had planned to do just Disneyland but the temptation of the food and wine festival is proving to be strong so we're thinking of hopping over to DCA in the afternoon. We'd like to end the day back at Disneyland but I'm nervous about getting back into the park. I know it'll be a busy week. Thanks for any insights.

I can't believe I can officially say that we'll be there next week!

I have a question for you all...do you know if historically Disneyland has had capacity closures the week leading into Easter? We only have one Park day, which will he the Thursday before Easter. We had planned to do just Disneyland but the temptation of the food and wine festival is proving to be strong so we're thinking of hopping over to DCA in the afternoon. We'd like to end the day back at Disneyland but I'm nervous about getting back into the park. I know it'll be a busy week. Thanks for any insights.

We have gone for the past 3 years and never had this happen. We had it happen once, but that was just after Christmas.

We are exactly 2 weeks from our trip and it's time to get serious about getting last minute things done! I've put in our Von's order (mostly because I wanted a flat of bottled water but also added a few other things to meet the min $) and it will be delivered to the DLH before we arrive on Monday.

I've still got to go through our son's summer clothes to make sure he has shorts that fit. We're trying to only take carry-on bags so I need to pick up a few more carry-on bags that will fit the airlines restrictions. We are technically booked on Delta but two of the flights are operated through Westjet and while Delta has a size limit of 22 inches, WJ has a limit of only 21 so I think we need slightly smaller bags!

I've picked up all the items for DS's Easter basket but I still have to figure out some clues for the treasure hunt...and I am the least creative person ever!

We have 8 1/2 days of school and/or work left and I will be the first to admit that I am having a lot of trouble getting motivated to work. The first day of our trip is finally available on the Weather Network 14 day forecast and sadly it looks much cooler than I had hoped, only 19 with a 20% chance of rain. AccuWeather has it at 22 with a 15% chance of rain and timeanddate.com puts it at 23 and 0% chance so I like that one best! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter